Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Go here for the...

Full 2020 AFL Fixture >>

=================
Anyone heard anything yet?

We know Lions V Pies on Easter Thursday and Saints V Port last weekend of May in China.

The obvious ones like ANZAC day Easter Monday etc.

Unfortunately it will probably be Richmond V Carlton opening the season so hope there is a good NRL game tgat night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully Richmond get as many games at the MCG this season as Collingwood did last season. And hopefully Collingwood and Essendon finally play away games at GMHBA.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
It’s understood Kennett and McGuire are holding up the release of the draw.

Kennett’s angry about Hawthorn playing 5 games instead of 4 in the 2:10 Saturday time slot, while McGuire’s unhappy that one of Collingwood’s 8 Friday night games is in round 16 instead of the requested round 17.

The fixture may be delayed until early November.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
So Fn sick of Richmond Carlton openers, absolute sh!te every time.
F Carlton off and get the pies in there.
I agree, the general AFL fan deserves better for a game 6 months in the waiting.

The Friday night game of round 1 usually ends up being pretty entertaining though.

I would happily see another game open the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as an opener though, unfortunately for the fans we'll be subjected to the same old boring carp.

I don't like a GF replay in round one, build up the tension a bit. Something like the prelim teams from prior year on Thursday and Friday would be good but playing the other team, so Richmond v Collingwood and GWS v Geelong next season for example.

Inside Bull

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
With regard to the opening round I tend to believe that the AFL know the fans will watch whatever breaks the 6 month drought and hype and don't mind saving the blockbuster games for dead spots in the season

All I heard was what was said on the dogs board by some poster that Geelong want 11 home games at geelong.

Think that’s the case every year

Jul 16, 2009
Under a Big Sky
AFL Club
St Kilda
be nice to actually have 11 home games next season, not ten plus an away 'home' game in farkin china.
and seeing how port can't even take full ownership of it how about pissing them off and getting someone else up there. or play somewhere we might get just a bit of a crowd, like denpasar.
can't see why the club can't just denounce the chinese regime - the afl would drop us from the game like a hot potato.

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
Have you actually watched these games recently? From 2013 there's been some close, tense games. Carlton has all off season to prepare for us and typically come out flying. How about in 2018 where they were 5 goals up in 10 mins? How about last year when we were 40 odd points up before they closed and were looking to hit the lead in the 3rd? I actually think this game has been very entertaining for years while Carlton are still hyped before the grind kicks in and they go to shite.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
be nice to actually have 11 home games next season, not ten plus an away 'home' game in farkin china.
and seeing how port can't even take full ownership of it how about pissing them off and getting someone else up there. or play somewhere we might get just a bit of a crowd, like denpasar.
can't see why the club can't just denounce the chinese regime - the afl would drop us from the game like a hot potato.
I thought Port are paying you like a million bucks so it is your home game.

Why else would a club agree to playing in China???

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Have you actually watched these games recently?

Yes, they've been ****

2 matches out of 12 Round 1 clashes have been decided by less than 2 goals.
Yeah sure there has been some ebb and flow in a game (as there is in 90% of matches), but everyone knows the outcome.

7 years since Carlton have beaten Richmond, 8 years since they've done it in round 1.
It's a joke.

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hopefully Richmond get as many games at the MCG this season as Collingwood did last season. And hopefully Collingwood and Essendon finally play away games at GMHBA.
I would like to see the West Coast Eagles get 7 consecutive home games to finish the season. Then listen to all there bitching when they complain about how hard their draw is in the first 15 weeks.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, they've been ****

2 matches out of 12 Round 1 clashes have been decided by less than 2 goals.
Yeah sure there has been some ebb and flow in a game (as there is in 90% of matches), but everyone knows the outcome.

7 years since Carlton have beaten Richmond, 8 years since they've done it in round 1.
It's a joke.
Mate we just beat the runners up by 89 points, doubt there is a team in the competition who can get within 2 goals of us. Have to play someone. Best just relax, sit back and watch the premiers go about their business.

I would like to see the West Coast Eagles get 7 consecutive home games to finish the season. Then listen to all there bitching when they complain about how hard their draw is in the first 15 weeks.

No, the trick is to ignore it even though it’s released the year prior, laugh at them if they are struggling with injury etc mid year, then complain once they get their list back and start winning.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
No, the trick is to ignore it even though it’s released the year prior, laugh at them if they are struggling with injury etc mid year, then complain once they get their list back and start winning.
So true. No one said boo when the fixture was released last year. No one said anything when teams “worked out our game plan” in the first half of the season. Then everyone cried like a Scott brother once we got our players back and started winning games. If you get a chance have a listen to 5aa podcast Bickley and Rowe chatting with graham Cornes on the Monday after the grand final and Rowe trying to come up with a solution for where mcg tenants play their games. True Mensa stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back