AFL 2020 - AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

In the main market the Disposal/Goal scorer markets are there. In the same game multi section they are not(On my accounts anyway). I noticed last night they didn’t even have the same game multi section at all so obviously having issues

your right, I only just noticed this.

He also said he wanted to find a market for Hawkins not to kick a goal in the wet but then in the same post said he liked him for 2+ haha, absolute raffle

I just think it would be interesting to have an Exact Goal market for the big players such as Tom Hawkins. (assuming no bookies margin) Id price it like this for him tonight:

Tom Hawkins Goals:
0 Goals: $11
1 Goal: $5
2 Goals: $3.70
3 Goals: $3.85
4 Goals: $7
5 Goals: $28
6+ Goals: $101

id be interested in a having a tenner at 0 goals, but my expectation is he would kick 2+, probably more leading towards 3 goals . ( i know that sounds like an unusual way to bet)

I just think it would be interesting to have an Exact Goal market for the big players such as Tom Hawkins. (assuming no bookies margin) Id price it like this for him tonight:

Tom Hawkins Goals:
0 Goals: $11
1 Goal: $5
2 Goals: $3.70
3 Goals: $3.85
4 Goals: $7
5 Goals: $28
6+ Goals: $101

id be interested in a having a tenner at 0 goals, but my expectation is he would kick 2+. ( i know that sounds like an unusual way to bet)
$11 in the wet? I would very much like to place a bet with you...

Id be happy to take odds of around $6 for Hawkins to kick 0 goals. We should have the ability to negotiate with the bookies.
Tweet them, they might put a market up if they think they can make money off it

Though I agree with the others it's probably on the match-fixing spectrum and they can't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another little quirky stat, I found was Dangerfield has polled Brownlow votes in 6 of the last 9 matches against Freo. (not including Finals). 3 of those 9 matches he was voted best on ground.
7 out of the last 9 games u mentioned are from 2017 or earlier, different line ups, different coach, different team strengths.

Not all historical data is relevant. FYI he polled 0 votes in the most recent 2 games aginst Justin Longmuir as the coach.

Last edited:
FYI people talking about Hawkins not kicking a goal in the wet, he’s notoriously a great wet weather player believe it or not. I remember one day him kick 6 odd goals in torrential rain against the Lions.

Spot on, re: markets for players not to kick goals. I tried a Build-A-Bet with Beteasy of 3 talls across 2 opposing teams “not to kick a goal” on a wet day and was advised they can’t offer the market due to ability to “fix” these outcomes

Mark O'Connor under 51.5 Fantasy (Beteasy) - $1.88

Was expecting this to be a higher line but from experience the Beteasy fantasy lines are pretty sophisticated, probably has just as many dimensions as the model I use.

Brayshaw 15+
Constable 15+
Walters 20+
Danger 20+
Rohan AGS
Matera 2+

@36
Like most of them. Although I'm a bit wary of betting on too many disposals overs in the same game. Some will get more disposals, some will get less. So if Brayshaw gets 15 +, could mean less midfield time for Walters, less uncontested possessions for Walters etc...

To sum it up, like this bet, but just something to think about

Mark O'Connor under 51.5 Fantasy (Beteasy) - $1.88

Was expecting this to be a higher line but from experience the Beteasy fantasy lines are pretty sophisticated, probably has just as many dimensions as the model I use.
BetEasy lines feel like they're a lot sharper than previous years, hard to get a read on.

James Aish under 16.5 disposals @ 1.97 (Topsport). 4/7 this season (plus last three), but has shifted down back the last fortnight and defenders have struggled against the Cats this year. Showers help too.

BetEasy lines feel like they're a lot sharper than previous years, hard to get a read on.
Yeah in general their lines are quite precise. Although that could be dependent on what kind of punter you are and which side you take. I prefer overs, but Im sure there are those that prefer unders who find Beteasy lines incredibly profitable.

But in general I think people are optimistic, meaning they will go overs more often than they should. So Beteasy's strategy of having higher lines works in their favour when you consider punter behaviour.

James Aish under 16.5 disposals @ 1.97 (Topsport). 4/7 this season (plus last three), but has shifted down back the last fortnight and defenders have struggled against the Cats this year. Showers help too.
Not sure if you realised but he's covered that line comfortably all of the last 3 weeks?... Did you mean overs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back