Fantasy 2020 - Alpha League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look, ESPN does offer other interesting scoring systems. Roto, but of more interest is the last one.....i think thats the idea i had before, where you win a matchup at a position, so if you have say 10 starters and you do better or worse at each position vs your opponent that week, you get a score of 1, could win 6-4 or 10-0, or tie 5-5 etc.

---------

LEAGUE MANAGER LEAGUE SCORING FORMATS
League Manager leagues can be created using one of five different scoring formats. These formats can be further customized by the league creator by tweaking individual categories and points. The five formats are defined below:

• Rotisserie: Rotisserie, or "Roto," is the most common way to play fantasy baseball. In this scoring type, teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category and totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.
  • Season Points: Season Points scoring allows you to assign a given point value to each individual statistical category (i.e. HR=4, RBI=1, etc.) Standings are based on the accumulation of points covering all statistical categories and combined into one total points column. The team with the most overall points wins.
  • Head-to-Head: Points: H2H Points is very similar to how fantasy football is played. It allows you to assign a given point value to individual statistic categories (i.e. HR=4, RBI=1, etc.) and each scoring period's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantasy points versus a single opponent. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.
  • Head-to-Head: Each Category: H2H Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in fantasy baseball. It allows you to select the "X" number of statistic categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on the matchup results (i.e. 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

I reckon i might create a new espn league in 2021, using that scoring format, DSTs, and other odd ideas to fashion a very different dynasty league....if you guys in Alpha arent willing to turn Alpha into that, youd be welcome to join that 2021 league.
Wouldn’t mind trying a roto league instead of h2h with DSTs and no IDPs

So heres a new vote proposal then....

Effective immediately.....vote yes or no for the entire proposal below....

- New scoring method (roto or matchup)
- DSTs, no IDPs
- Max 4 QBs, max 2 starters (ie 1 OP)
- Starters list = 10 — 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex, 1op, 1pk, 1dst
- Total Roster size = 28 — 4qb, 8rb, 8wr, 4te, 2pk, 2dst
- Keepers = 20 (forcing 2 extra out for parity)
- Draft 6 rounds, rookies and vets
- Waivers last to first every week
- Tiered lottery draft order

Also....vote yes or no for the following ideas individually.....

- Roto scoring or Matchup scoring (choose one)
- Salary system for players, and/or acquisitions
- Monetary prizemoney, winner takes all, everyone pays $10, so $160 to the winner

SCORING EXPLANATIONS

Rotisserie:
or "Roto," is the most common way to play fantasy basketball. In this scoring type teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category, then totaled to determine an overall score and league rank. That means no schedules, no playoffs.

Head-to-Head: Each Category: H2H Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in fantasy basketball. It allows you to select "X" number of statistic categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on the matchup results (i.e. 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions. Same as roto but the categories are individually pitted against a weekly opponent and a final h2h result against your opponent based on most winning categories. This means there is a schedule and playoffs.

Eg of Roto...
Categories might be....
Pass Yards, Pass TDs, Rush Yards, Rush TDs, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs, Sacks, Ints, FF, FR, TFL, PDs, FGs, Return Yardage

Thats 14 categories. At the end of a weeks games, the entire 12 man Alpha league is ranked first to last on each category, and a reverse point system is awarded to each Alpha team based on their rank. End of the week there is an EPL-like ladder based on the highest to lowest accumulated ranking pts.

Eg, say Long Reef Riders were first in Alpha that week for most pass yards, they would get 12 pts, and say they were last in Rush yards, they would get 1 pt. Tallying all the ranking poijts together i might have say 40 for that week and sit 7th on the ladder.

On and on like this as the EPL-like ladder takes shape over the weeks. No schedule/playoffs. Whoever sits atop is winner.

Matchup Scoring is the same as Roto, except those 14 categories are pitted against your weekly opponent. Riders vs Terrors, i might score more than him in 7 of those 14 categories that week, he edges me out on 6 categories, and 1 category we tied in....so that week i beat him 7-6-1, so i now have a 1-0 WL. Meanwhile, someone else in my division won their game 12-2. Theyre also 1-0, but theyre winning the division with a better F/A of category wins. So , there are still divisions and schedules of h2h games with a playoffs.

No to changing whole way the league runs/scoring method from me.

Keep IDP players. Give them a bump to scoring if need be. Not massive, but enough to make them more viable. List cuts I have no issue with. Roster 30/32 maybe? Cut to 24/26?

Tiered lottery draft system for 1-4, 5-8 then finishing position. Waivers worst to best.

No to changing whole way the league runs/scoring method from me.

Keep IDP players. Give them a bump to scoring if need be. Not massive, but enough to make them more viable. List cuts I have no issue with. Roster 30/32 maybe? Cut to 24/26?

Tiered lottery draft system for 1-4, 5-8 then finishing position. Waivers worst to best.
Only 7 or 8 submitted vote and it doesnt look like anything will pass. Anyway, ill just create a new one 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Roto scoring or Matchup scoring (choose one)
- Salary system for players, and/or acquisitions
- Monetary prizemoney, winner takes all, everyone pays $10, so $160 to the winner

I take it that Maths isn't your strongest subject
12 team league ($10x12=????)

All Id like to see is smaller squad sizes.
No to everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back