Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

If Riley Thilthorpe is selected at pick 2 and is a bust. And Hollands and McDonald dominate. Nobody in the Adelaide media is going to give a sh*t that Thilthorpe wasn’t selected at pick 1.

Unlikely Adelaide take Thilthorpe at pick 2.

Footscray will get 10 mins where the AFL world notice they are still around, after JUH goes pick 1 due to our bid. You should be thanking us :)

Was listening to SEN this morning and brought up Gumbleton and Hansen (who went pick 2 and 3) in their draft....

Just gave me slight chills again about taking talls so early. Yes its cherry picking but just seems like they have added risk.
Absolutely they do, that's why I don't understand the whole "it's the safe option" argument.

If you listen carefully to various podcasts & then match that up with game vision, you'll realize that McDonald may very well be a bust

I listened to Draft Central podcast today, the comparison McDonald & JUH .....just a small comment made, that McDonald was blanketed in the All-Stars game and had to come up to the HB line to find space ......is this a strength (running) or disguising the fact he won't have the same space at AFL Level. ?
Same thing happened in the All-Stars game, when he couldn't find space .....no other tricks to fall back onto, other than out run an opponent

The Reiwoldt reference, was a different footy era .....yes he plays the same, but he also plays like Ben Brown, and clubs didn't exactly fall over themselves to get him recently.

He needs to fill out though, he is very slight so can be out bodied quite easily.
When he puts on some muscle, no defender will be able to blanket him out of a game.

I have them very close, and both ahead of McDonald due to that something extra they both have. Call it X factor, call it unpredictability.... Both these kids have got it.

As do a couple of other lads.

giphy.gif

And unless you're Nostradamus you and none of us know who will be best in this draft for years, every chance it's a player not considered in the "fabulous" five too.
None of us are Nostradamus, but this is literally a thread on people’s opinions on who we should take in the draft this year. It would be a pretty short thread if everyone weren’t allowed to have opinions until 4 years after the draft.
anyone can be a Monday morning quarterback, the interest is in having opinions before the fact.

if we draft thilthorpe at 1 I think I'll just go support the team hollands plays for. I dont think I can handle two flops in one offseason. getting f'all for b crouch when we should've traded him last year and then taking tthilthorpe at 1.

I mean, how incompetent can you get.

if we draft thilthorpe at 1 I think I'll just go support the team hollands plays for. I dont think I can handle two flops in one offseason. getting f'all for b crouch when we should've traded him last year and then taking tthilthorpe at 1.

If it makes you feel encouraged, the Lystics podcast, which so far is excellent, they had Crows picking EH & RT slipping to be picked up by Hawthorn at Pick 6(couple of matched bids before that).

What exactly is your interest in who Adelaide take with our first pick apart from the fact we may force the Bulldogs to use a few more points....whoever we take won't be on the Bulldogs list in 2021 end of story.
I just find the narrative amusing that some think forcing the dogs to use pick 1 on Jamarra will remove any pressure on who you pick at 2. It’s ridiculous.

Was listening to SEN this morning and brought up Gumbleton and Hansen (who went pick 2 and 3) in their draft....

Just gave me slight chills again about taking talls so early. Yes its cherry picking but just seems like they have added risk.
Have you ever checked Scott Gumbleton's injury history, it wasn't down to lack of talent unless of course you think all talls will have the same shitty luck in that regard.

None of us are Nostradamus, but this is literally a thread on people’s opinions on who we should take in the draft this year. It would be a pretty short thread if everyone weren’t allowed to have opinions until 4 years after the draft.
anyone can be a Monday morning quarterback, the interest is in having opinions before the fact.
There's a difference between opinions and what the poster that I replied to has spammed the thread with incessantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Promise?

Have you ever checked Scott Gumbleton's injury history, it wasn't down to lack of talent unless of course you think all talls will have the same shitty luck in that regard.
can't believe there are people who doubt Logan. Only thing that will stop him from being a superstar is his FIGJAM attitude.
But it helped Dangerfield, so you never know.

can't believe there are people who doubt Logan. Only thing that will stop him from being a superstar is his FIGJAM attitude.
But it helped Dangerfield, so you never know.
if he was south australian and thilflop was from WA they'd be all over him.

Everything you say makes perfect sense, except that I don’t believe we will take anywhere near 4-5 years. It’s a myth perpetuated by coaches who are just trying to take the pressure off themselves for the first 3 years and rehashed by lazy journals who idolize coaches. There is absolutely no reason why Adelaide shouldn’t be looking at 8-10 wins next year and finals the year after.
Is having an extremely inexperienced list and losing our best midfielder, coming off a season where we finished last and were terrible a good reason?

It makes no difference what I think, but by comparison to the rest of the league, our midfield is garbage. It was garbage even with Brad Crouch in it and now it's starting to catch fire to boot. We have very little depth and even less class

Hollands is the kind of player who you'd build a midfield around, and oozes class. Without a semi-decent midfield we're going to be at the bottom of the table for a long time, so I'd take Hollands first. The fact he supported the club, looks keen to come here, and is a minimal flight risk is a bonus.

Asked myself the same question .....I'll assume it's ladder position at the time of the Draft
Last year it was done in reverse order of the Premiership ladder at the time

Delucca to Carlton at pick 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back