2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad we have openly put the bait out there with Wright and Brodie.

Clubs will certainly be interested.

Now we wait and see if we dangle our pick 5 as well to entice a bigger fish 🤞
Surely there has to be a salary cap issue , if it's list places you can't keep Murtagh and Towey who have yet to show they can even play the game and discard two top ten talents. Hope I am wrong and you can package them up with a high draft pick to get a star

THIS is how you put contracted players on the trade table in a respectful and calming way. Not the way North has done it.

That’s how you put a player out for trade and try and lie your arse off that’s he should get good value on the trade market when the reality is we have not ‘committed’ to Brodie at all. Didn’t even make a travelling 30 party to Sydney or given much opportunity over the past 2 years. Sorry Haines has a stench about him for me . Happily agree others have gone past him, as they got opportunity. Will agree it’s better than North, but I didn’t see Will or any others on any headset during games learning what a midfield is doing. (That’s not a dig at Rowell more a dig at Dew and co’s favourites)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s how you put a player out for trade and try and lie your arse off that’s he should get good value on the trade market when the reality is we have not ‘committed’ to Brodie at all. Didn’t even make a travelling 30 party to Sydney or given much opportunity over the past 2 years. Sorry Haines has a stench about him for me . Happily agree others have gone past him, as they got opportunity. Will agree it’s better than North, but I didn’t see Will or any others on any headset during games learning what a midfield is doing. (That’s not a dig at Rowell more a dig at Dew and co’s favourites)

Yeah clearly the reality of the situation is others have gone past him. But they say the company line like "committed" and "He is a required player' but its easy to know the truth.
I'd rather a player go elsewhere if they want to have more opportunity, and can't say I blame them. This is their career and if they aren't getting games in a whole year.. clearly the writing is on the wall.

Yeah clearly the reality of the situation is others have gone past him. But they say the company line like "committed" and "He is a required player' but its easy to know the truth.
I'd rather a player go elsewhere if they want to have more opportunity, and can't say I blame them. This is their career and if they aren't getting games in a whole year.. clearly the writing is on the wall.

I feel Brodie still gives us a great value but as we don’t play him we should try and get the best for him. Unfortunately it will be low because of the favourites stance. I hope he can find a new team and thrives as i feel he deserves a decent crack at AFL

I feel Brodie still gives us a great value but as we don’t play him we should try and get the best for him. Unfortunately it will be low because of the favourites stance. I hope he can find a new team and thrives as i feel he deserves a decent crack at AFL

I think all players deserve that chance to be able to have a real good crack and succeed, no matter where it is. So I wish him luck if there is interest elsewhere.

I wish him luck also but the line from Haines “We believe in Will, we're committed to him” for me is a stinker

Yeah, I don't pay attention to what football managers say when it comes to these things. Its basically just the line they all use. PR wise.

Speaking of Haines.. has he always, been this much in the media? I've never known a football manager to do as many press conferences as he does. Only media related thing I recall the pies football manager does is the injury report. Though he isn't the most... animated football boss going around lol Walshy has some dry humour

Well he’s hardly going to say “he’s surplus to need so we’ll take anything”

those In the know including Brodie know where they stand - the rest is PR fluff
Well apparently the Suns have to reduce to 45 players leaving only 3 recruits including Laird this year. Off the current 41 , Towey, Murtagh , Conroy , Thompson (due to injury) are unlikely to play seniors , do you replace them with footballers that can make an impact in 2020 or due you hope that they somehow come good. Remember there are state league footballers like Halmelmann and Dawson out there and NT kids like Lake and academy Fyfe that could fill the rookie C spots instead

Well apparently the Suns have to reduce to 45 players leaving only 3 recruits including Laird this year. Off the current 41 , Towey, Murtagh , Conroy , Thompson (due to injury) are unlikely to play seniors , do you replace them with footballers that can make an impact in 2020 or due you hope that they somehow come good. Remember there are state league footballers like Halmelmann and Dawson out there and NT kids like Lake and academy Fyfe that could fill the rookie C spots instead
They have already reduced it to 41, with a few more to go I imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have already reduced it to 41, with a few more to go I imagine.
To make finals they need to ensure every list position has been earned and can play . It puts pressure on the seniors and means there are able replacements for those players who are cooked late in seadon. Time to give away the lotto tickets , not one has worked in ten years even a supreme athlete like Karmichael Hunt

The club needs to decide if he's gonna be an important player or not, and do the best by him as their player. He put his trust in the club by signing and long-term deal, so the least the club can do is do what's best for him. With Rowell returning next year, the addition of Davies (and probably at least one more inside mid), Anderson staying onball (due to the recruitment of Atkins), it will only get harder for him to get games. In fact, he's only been emergency a handful of times this year, despite being fit for pretty much the whole year. And to frank, if he hasn't fixed whatever deficencies he has playing reserves, it's hard to see him improving much, unless he develops at AFL level.

The new half forward role implemented this year is pretty much a midfielder role but goes forward more and stretches a defence. Bontempelli, Danger, Dusty and others all played that role this year.
That’s the role they have earmarked for him. I’d be very surprised if he leaves but if he did then his market value wouldn’t be affected by not playing him.

Brodie and Wright did not ask for trade in their exit interviews according to GCBulletin today.
neither did Brad Crouch and we know he is going. Trade requests often come closer to trade week rather than their initial exit interviews. They might want to see if there is interest first before requesting one.

neither did Brad Crouch and we know he is going. Trade requests often come closer to trade week rather than their initial exit interviews. They might want to see if there is interest first before requesting one.
And Brad doesn’t have a contract, Wright and Brodie both do

Crouch is a free agent; he doesn't need to ask.

Crouch isn't contracted - bit of a difference I think.

To find out that they didn't ask for a trade is pretty surprising.

EDIT: beaten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back