Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Logan slip to us.... probably because I think he is an overrated lead up forward who will become Jack Watts average at AFL level. Lacks the elite traits of the others ahead i.e. hollands - skills, DGB - Aerial, Thilthorpe - Agility, speed, versatility, whereas Logan has bang average hands, a clunky running style, lack of explosiveness, lack of balance - but good endurance and can kick a footy long and straight. But alas, mine is just a nuffy opinion, like most others, and I don't have the hubris to pretend I know more than recruiters, so if they pick him bring on 200 games and a couple of Colemans and I'll happily eat my hat.

But in the meantime, I would be on the #splitthepick bandwagon with a table for 1. Or is anyone else joining me?

He's also got the potential to be the next Riewoldt.

so on the Podcast on the Hawks website, Mark McKenzie said we are planning to take 4 picks at the draft, leaving a spot open for some players to train and earn a spot and maybe a rookie because we have 6 open list spots i believe.

he hinted 3 picks definitely with a possible 4th pick if the right player was available, expecting that the 4th pick would come late matching Downie's bid most likely.
Minchinton to train with the club and get delisted again???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 and 24 for 6 and 8

Essendon take McDonald and Bruhn.
We take Perkins and Cox. Then Downie and hopefully either a small forward or a project ruck later on.

All the speculation has been fun but definitely looking forward to this all being over in 2 nights time 😂

Just want to point out that when Essendon were offering North Melbourne one first rounder as part of a deal for pick 2 they were only trading for an increased chance at getting McDonald. If Adelaide took McDonald then Essendon have done a trade and missed their target. Where as if they live trade with us on the night when it's our pick and McDonald is still available then they aren't trading for a chance any more, they are trading for a certainty.

That's worth a lot more in relative terms. Two first rounders would be very fair. But because it's Dodo I'd want us to turn the screws. At least make him say "pretty please".

Well I did say ‘going by how high others rate him’.
I’d be more excited about Thilthorpe. Getting a tall at the top end of draft is obviously a good thing but from my watching McDonald doesn’t stand out. Just my opinion.

Yeah I'd rather Thilthorpe too but Adelaide will take him, so that's that.

Thilthorpe for me is very unique, I don't think we've ever seen a player like him.

would be amazing if McDonald fell to us, having an amazing work rate Is a crucial trait to have as an elite KPF. People say he doesn’t stand out well neither does josh Kennedy who’s been the 2nd best key fwd this era behind buddy and also 2nd for most goals kicked this era behind buddy.

View attachment 1024196
from (https://www.afl.com.au/news/527263/cal-twomey-s-2020-phantom-draft-top-30-late-picks-your-club-s-whispers)

For all the LoganLovers.... traits are

* "hard-working"
* Gets to contests
* Competitive edge
* Senior experience
* Takes the chances he gets
* Takes marks on the lead
* will be a CONSISTENT forward option (i.e. not a star).

Compared to the JUH description where he "stands on shoulders regularly" - this screams super vanilla!

His description reads how I would write one for Tim O'Brien.

This guy is no Roughy, no Buddy, no Naughton, no King and no King

Give me Henry before this lad

I am.....

And that description could just as equally describe Dunstall or Gunston.

All those traits equal a KPF who could regularly kick bags and win matches. If he's regularly kicking 4 goals a game from boring old set shots taken from simple marks on the lead I will take that every day of the week.

You're clearly carrying a bias against the kid to interpret a description of 'consistent' to be anything but a positive. Particularly when everything before that are exactly the traits you'd want from a KPF who will stand up every week and not go missing.

I think some forget that as good as Buddy was he went through significant patches over the years where you just didn't know if he was going to kick 8 goals or 8 behinds. We won some amazing games by huge margins when he turned it on, but we also lost plenty of games we should have won if he could have just kicked a few. A consistent performance each week would have had an overall net improvement in our W-L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back