Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
I am starting to think LM is not in equation now after seeing how much he loves Collingwood and obviously would like be in Melbourne. Probably said as much in interviews with Adelaide, and when we have a crows forever player, maybe that’s swayed us to tilthorpe. Who will be better I don’t know. But into fire RT said love play either wing, middle or forward, but preferably wing. Imagine a 202 cm agile, endurance beast on wing, resting forward, Also playing midfield time, and avid crow fan SA kid, something dreams are made of. And let’s make it clear I was on the LM train until I knew beloved Collingwood so much. Flight risk not to WA but the bright lights of Melbourne and Collingwood. Would have said as much in his interviews, alla Bailey smith.

Not rated pick 1 so need trade maybe Sydney, still get our guy, but get something big back for 2021.

I also want Hollands, moving up order, but don’t think it will happen, if not as a consolation prize would love us pick E Ford at either 9, but probably last to our early second. Looking at highlights at 189 cm about, is a beast aerially, tackling, goal kicking, playing up forward and in midfield, all the traits nicks wants, and that Hamish likes in a kid. Watch his highlights package, gonna be a gun. Must get him. Not Hollands class but all same traits as Hollands. If can’t move up to get Hollands, he is next next thing. What do we think, and if you have reservations, just look at his highlights package before deciding. He was in top 5 best in futures game, playing amongst the best in his draft class, 20 plus possessions, two goals, playing limited midfield, total package.
I'm still trying to work out why you quoted that particular post of mine which was in reference to Reef McInnes?

1 Holland
9 cox
22 macrae
23 poulter
40 Baldwin

hollands pick 1 like it, but think it will be tilthorpe personally, maybe try get up order to get Holland’s, as he will definately slide a bit, how much, hmmm, who knows, secondary to Hollands is ford, gonna be a star for crows

Port did that specifically to snake us for Rozee (while we sat there with our thumb up our arse, so good on them); you wouldn’t do it unless it was for such a specific, strong reason.
I wonder if we did actually just sit there with our thumb up our arse.
There’s a rumour that we tried to get Brad to the Suns but the AFL stomped on it. If so, that was probably our attempt to get up the draft.

hollands pick 1 like it, but think it will be tilthorpe personally, maybe try get up order to get Holland’s, as he will definately slide a bit, how much, hmmm, who knows, secondary to Hollands is ford, gonna be a star for crows
Id try and do a trade with the coasters. hollands could fall to them.

What would GC want for pick 5?
They probably wouldn't mind pick 1.

They've only just loaded up on youth talent recently (Rowell, Anderson, King, Luko, Rankine, ... FMD), have pre-listing (unmatchable) rights to northern Oz talent, have extra list spots and now will be able to draft a top-5 (ex-JUH) player this year ... FMDx2! :mad: They could fart and a top player shoots out.

So Reid said we'll take between 3-5 players

So presumably means #1, #9, and either #22 / #23 / or a pick upgrade

For the life of me, I can't see a club that would be willing to do a deal .......none of the top 5 picks

Maybe for COLL's 2021 first :think:

For the life of me, I can't see a club that would be willing to do a deal .......none of the top 5 picks

In this particular draft I think pick 22 & 23 will offer up some really good opportunities especially with the Victorian lads Hamish and Steve McCrystal rate on their 2019 form or even a couple of the really nice SA prospects could land in that range.

Problem is that as soon as we float the idea of trading pick 1 with NM or Sydney, it will become obvious we are moving away from McDonald.

NM will stand firm with 2 and every chance Sydney will take DGB anyway .

On SM-A908B using BigFooty.com mobile app

GC our best bet if to get two of the top 5. Quite possible they wouldn’t be interested in RT given they have King and Day. So if Sydney take DGB and Hawks grab Phillips then maybe GC trad down on the night
We would still have to outbid Essendon though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Personally I'm a Perkins fan with #9 ......so would be happy with Perkins / Chapman / Henry

I love what Cox brings, but we already have a similar type player in Worrell

Powell I'd love at #22

Note: of the outgoing players, 5 were Midfielders ....plus Sloane is wrong age, and Matt Crouch could depart next year

Last edited:

Surely we are maximising our list in rebuild mode as cap should not be an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port did that specifically to snake us for Rozee (while we sat there with our thumb up our arse, so good on them); you wouldn’t do it unless it was for such a specific, strong reason.

Port did it because they were aggressively hunting one of the top 3Adelaide boys - the strongest SA draft of all time. We weren’t in the hunt - we sat on our hands even though the footy public/media expected us to do the same to get Luko

Port did it because they were aggressively hunting one of the top 3Adelaide boys - the strongest SA draft of all time. We weren’t in the hunt - we sat on our hands even though the footy public/media expected us to do the same to get Luko

We tried like hell to get one of Luko or Rankine. Suns weren't giving them up for anything.

Mutineer thoughts on Henry @9?
Looks like a Hamish style player, though could possibly go to essendon earlier.
Where does he play at AFL level?

Medium forward or medium defender?

If it was me I'd prefer Archie Perkins or Eddie Ford or even Caleb Poulter before I'm taking Oliver Henry, just think they will transition into the midfield rotations far easier than he would on what I saw in his under-age year.

It is interesting as if say hollands unexpectedly slid to 5 is he better than the high pick mid we could get next year. One for the better draft scribes on this boars..if you had the choice would you rather say hollands or horne?
Get em both and poach Luko in 2022.

Tall forwards are easier to poach than to pick and develop yourself and surely Luko will get jack of playing half back.

Get em both and poach Luko in 2022.

Tall forwards are easier to poach than to pick and develop yourself and surely Luko will get jack of playing half back.
Getting Luko back if he continues his current trajectory will cost us an enormous amount of draft collateral.

It is interesting as if say hollands unexpectedly slid to 5 is he better than the high pick mid we could get next year. One for the better draft scribes on this boars..if you had the choice would you rather say hollands or horne?
Thing is it’s not a direct comparison. We might end up with pick 8 next year and not be able to move up like 2018 And Horne is long gone. If Hollands was available at 5 I think we would have to consider it very closely, as it would be 100% chance of Hollands versus maybe 40% chance of Horne.

Just a question..why would sydney trade down when those picks are likely to get eaten up by a campbell bid?

And the other is why do north do that if they get 1 of thilthorpe or mcdonald at 2 anyway.

Sydney 'might' be tempted to trade up if they were 100% wanting mcdonald AND thought that we or north would be likely to bid on campbell. Then a deal of 1 and 23 might get 3 and their 2021 1st but that is a big if
i was just throwing out a potential, understand it may or my not work in various peoples eyes.

But to answer your questions...
North: if we keep 1 and rank McDonald 1, and if he is their clear preference they may consider moving up to get him.
Syd: will they get taken up by a bid? where is he ranked as i see varying reports. your right, if its before then then they wouldn't but if not then they may want 2 players before the bid.

In this particular draft I think pick 22 & 23 will offer up some really good opportunities especially with the Victorian lads Hamish and Steve McCrystal rate on their 2019 form or even a couple of the really nice SA prospects could land in that range.

Exactly. The amount of compensation picks and NGA/FS selections has certainly diluted what we have available, BUT because the majority of these players have not been exposed in their draft year then a few absolute gems might slip to us, IF we’ve done our homework. If other list management teams see those players slip through too then I think anything is possible insofar as trading into next year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back