List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what we hear, then he kicks goals in the intraclub playing forward - so unless he is charging forward from defense in a new plan to mix it up against the opposition defenses chasing a key forward out thinking that it removes our height - only for Cox to already be replacing them and now matched up on a smaller opponent... maybe he is just playing forward a bit too
He clearly has capacity to contribute forward. And in a typical 22 having a swingman is a real asset. What our side seemed to be lacking last year was structure up forward, and there have been several comments about improving the connection between midfield and the forward line. I’m looking forward to that being addressed this season.

He clearly has capacity to contribute forward. And in a typical 22 having a swingman is a real asset. What our side seemed to be lacking last year was structure up forward, and there have been several comments about improving the connection between midfield and the forward line. I’m looking forward to that being addressed this season.
I'm not going crazy when I think it's odd for both Cox and the coach to say he is a defender and then Cox is playing forward in the intraclub matches, right?

Highlighting Cox and Treacy reinforces that we have issues. neither Cox nor the coach seem to want him to play forward despite us having a stacked backline, and Treacy hasn't even played a pre-season game.

Have any of Taberner, Lobb or Darcy played a full season for us?
Highlighting Cox and Traecy doesn't mean it's a major issue. Not yet anyway. Cox is entering his 5th season and Traecy his 1st. Probably a good thing we got both of them now rather than its too late.

As I said on other posts....both Taberner and Lobb turn 28 this year. So we got 3-4 years left out of them. So once 2025 comes... Lobb and Taberner are either retired or close to it. Next in line is Cox in his prime and Traecy developed 3-4 years in.

Taberner kicked 29 goals from 16 games last season. Had he played 22 games, he might of kicked 35-40 goals. 2018 and 2019 he looked solid for the 1st half of both those seasons then injuries ended both those seasons too.

Lobb is capable of kicking 30-35 goals in one season too.

Highlighting Cox and Traecy doesn't mean it's a major issue. Not yet anyway. Cox is entering his 5th season and Traecy his 1st. Probably a good thing we got both of them now rather than its too late.

As I said on other posts....both Taberner and Lobb turn 28 this year. So we got 3-4 years left out of them. So once 2025 comes... Lobb and Taberner are either retired or close to it. Next in line is Cox in his prime and Traecy developed 3-4 years in.

Taberner kicked 29 goals from 16 games last season. Had he played 22 games, he might of kicked 35-40 goals. 2018 and 2019 he looked solid for the 1st half of both those seasons then injuries ended both those seasons too.

Just like how the club had 3-4 years to get a Pav replacement?

We still don't have one and in general our forwards stink are always injured or now play midfield.

Two things amaze me.

The first is that we drafted no forwards apart from Western in the Main draft. But there are some qualifiers. Chapman looks damn fine and has versatility.

The second is that Treacy not only looks terrific, but is about as ready to play as a rookie KPF can be.

Two things amaze me.

The first is that we drafted no forwards apart from Western in the Main draft. But there are some qualifiers. Chapman looks damn fine and has versatility.

The second is that Treacy not only looks terrific, but is about as ready to play as a rookie KPF can be.
That's Sir Treacy to you

I'm not going crazy when I think it's odd for both Cox and the coach to say he is a defender and then Cox is playing forward in the intraclub matches, right?
If we're getting specific here the coach said he is reluctant to play Cox forward for developmental reasons to settle him in one position, if the situation arises (Tabs injury) I'm sure he will use him forward.

Acres at his best looks decent but is very inconsistent.

Remember Acres was injured most of last season. He was also used all over the ground at St. Kilda from what I understand. If he has a solid preseason and some more minutes on the outside, he might become better than serviceable. He’s no A grader but he flashed some good signs last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember Acres was injured most of last season. He was also used all over the ground at St. Kilda from what I understand. If he has a solid preseason and some more minutes on the outside, he might become better than serviceable. He’s no A grader but he flashed some good signs last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been watching some replays over the summer, particularly the last few games. Acres was a lot worse than I remembered - dropping marks, running over the ball - just really nervous stuff. One play he marks the ball 40 out and instead of having a shot (Crowden threads one from a similar distance moments earlier) he props it up to like 20 players in the forward 50. He covers the ground really well and has at least one beast moment per game but if we make finals this year I want to feel a lot more confident in him. Feels a very Freo supporter thing holding onto the hope a player will finally 'come good'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching some replays over the summer, particularly the last few games. Acres was a lot worse than I remembered - dropping marks, running over the ball - just really nervous stuff. One play he marks the ball 40 out and instead of having a shot (Crowden threads one from a similar distance moments earlier) he props it up to like 20 players in the forward 50. He covers the ground really well and has at least one beast moment per game but if we make finals this year I want to feel a lot more confident in him. Feels a very Freo supporter thing holding onto the hope a player will finally 'come good'.
I remember watching him very closely when he came back in & yes there were a few errors, but I was very impressed with his work ethic & willingness to get to every contest as the defensive side receiver.

I thought he bounced back well from that shocking game v Geelong, but needs to start well this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back