List Mgmt. 2020 List Management II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that there has been improvement, but my biggest concern is the number of points leaked. 2019 had us finish with conceding the 4th highest points. This year, it will rank 5th or 6th highest. The defence has had to withstand a lot of fire. The kids currently on the list will not solve the pressure that is currently created by our last of midfield depth. It’s very important they secure at least one A or B+ midfielder in the trade or free agency period.
Exactly right, we need someone like a stocker/dow/sps/fisher to step up in the midfield as well as another A grader to come in.

The problem is, he kicked 10 in his first 6 matches of the year, and 3 in the next 9.

Add on another 6 months before our next game, it's really not looking good.

The Club was 3-6 in the final 9 games, including the get out of jail Freo win. Yep, the last 9 games don't look good, but nor do they for a lot of players.

The problem is, he kicked 10 in his first 6 matches of the year, and 3 in the next 9.

Add on another 6 months before our next game, it's really not looking good.

Eddie should not be offered another year. Neither should Murphy.

Food for thought, don't think that North Melbourne's list cull will be the odd one out. Tough calls need to be made by every club this year.

Agree. It is ******* ridiculous. He was really good all year yet many on here want him gone.

It’s bizarre, he also did really well last year but still has lots of detractors.

He’s never going to be the player running out of defence taking 2 or 3 bounces, but he’ll do his lockdown job each week and will make sound decisions.

No doubt someone will say “but in round so and so he missed a target and had a bad game blah blah blah.” All players miss targets and have bad games. It’s what they do overall that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hmac will be our back up to Jones. He’s not going to be delisted. Has the height and looks like he has put on some size a good run with injury next year and i think he will come good. Too much talent to let go. Bsos no where h mac level

Attachments

• 4F12D325-20D1-4A75-A127-DB19A9354F74.jpeg
    4F12D325-20D1-4A75-A127-DB19A9354F74.jpeg
    955 KB · Views: 158
He is good for a couple of big clangers per game, but he's ability to play tall or small is excellent and he usually gets the most awkward job on players like Stephenson and Kent. I'm a fan but can see where criticism comes from at times.

He’s good value for a 12th placed side. Automatic selection in the 18.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm honestly not overly keen for Saad or Williams.

Williams biggest plus is we get him as a free agent. But the money he will be on worries me because he has been very injury prone.

Saad had the choice to come to us and went to Essendope. He can run and break lines but isn't exactly elite disposal. The last thing we need is more forward 50 bombs. Plus I don't believe he is a free agent and Dodoro is a moron. Seems like a lot of effort for not much and he made his choice.
Our current style is to play slow and then bomb it in 50.
At least with Saad and/or Williams we could play fast and then bomb it inside, which would give Harry ( and Charlie if he were playing) more actual one on ones and more space to play vs the congested forward they they consistently have to deal with each week.

Last edited:
He is good for a couple of big clangers per game, but he's ability to play tall or small is excellent and he usually gets the most awkward job on players like Stephenson and Kent. I'm a fan but can see where criticism comes from at times.

Yes, but if we’re pointing out a couple of clangers each game, then why doesn’t every player get criticised?

I’m a fan too and you’re right that he gets the awkward jobs and plays big or small, which shows his value.

Our current style is to play slow and then bomb it in 50.
At least with Saad and/of Williams we could play fast and then bomb it inside, which would give Harry and Charlie more actual one on ones and more space to play vs the congested forward they they consistently have to deal with each week.

Which is why I wanted a "Hill" type last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but if we’re pointing out a couple of clangers each game, then why doesn’t every player get criticised?

I’m a fan too and you’re right that he gets the awkward jobs and plays big or small, which shows his value.

Probably stands out a bit more in defence when it costs us on the scoreboard. Hence why the weiters turnover yesterday stood out so much, directly cost us a goal.

What output?. He has been almost invisible in the second half of the year. He has been on the decline since his final year at Adelaide. Id rather invest time in someone like Honey that carry around Eddie for another year.
Absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with you Chooka. Betts is totally cooked and the only reasons i see value in him playing on is if Zac Williams has stated he will come if Eddie goes on and/or a marketing and membership decision.

think TDK should 1st ruck ... Pittonet struggles forward

Casboult is still a better forward / 2nd ruck than Pittonet !!

agree McGovern needs to go even if we have to pay part of his salary.... absolute liability .... like starting with 17 ... add Plowman we start 2 short !!
Sensible, sensible , sensible and finish with absolute ludicrous.

Plowman hey, forgive me if I assume that you don't watch many games.

We also still rely on too many older guys going into next year. I think you can give a pass to Jones and E.Curnow, but Murphy, Casbolt, Betts should not be walk up starts in 2021.

I don't think any of the three will be walk up starts at all, I'd imagine they may play in 50% maybe to allow some rotation of players. After last night I think we can safely assume we will never see Pitto, TDK and Levi in the same team again. TDK
takes on the role that Levi plays for mine.

If Charlie comes back and is able to play anywhere near his best next year opposition backmen will have nightmares. A forward line including Charlie , Harry, and TDK sounds quite exciting.

All this talk about Betts going on. For those saying he should retire, at present the club has no small forward that even comes close to his output (albeit, it has been waning in the past 2 months). It’s not as if the have a Dan Butler or Papley waiting in the wings
Betts is not a small forward anymore. He is the only "runner" in the AFL who has the right to stay on the field all game, as long as he replaces one of the 18. It is called the "Eddie Betts" rule.

Exactly right, we need someone like a stocker/dow/sps/fisher to step up in the midfield as well as another A grader to come in.

SPS best game this year v Swans he played Mid ... back to the backline the next week .... not sure why ?

SPS & Fisher need to be played in the midfield before Murphy next year !!

Betts is not a small forward anymore. He is the only "runner" in the AFL who has the right to stay on the field all game, as long as he replaces one of the 18. It is called the "Eddie Betts" rule.

So who stands in his place at the moment? Neither Owies, nor Philp, nor Honey nor any other player on our list plays the small forward pocket role of equal or better output. And plonking a Cunningham or Fisher in the forward pocket is not the solution because that will impede their development. So if they can go and recruit a forward pocket player, more than for that player to take Betts' role.

It’s bizarre, he also did really well last year but still has lots of detractors.

He’s never going to be the player running out of defence taking 2 or 3 bounces, but he’ll do his lockdown job each week and will make sound decisions.

No doubt someone will say “but in round so and so he missed a target and had a bad game blah blah blah.” All players miss targets and have bad games. It’s what they do overall that matters.

Yep and those same posters will pluck a player from an opposition team of similar ilk or worse and blow smoke up their arse. In footy and life the grass is always greener on the other side.....until we recruit them.

Plowman absolutely deserves his spot in the team each and every week and I suspect would be one of the first picked most weeks.

Absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with you Chooka. Betts is totally cooked and the only reasons i see value in him playing on is if Zac Williams has stated he will come if Eddie goes on and/or a marketing and membership decision.
Jack martin came because of eddie, if theres a chance of landing some quality indigenous talent because of the eddie factor then id give him another year. Its also why id keep him at the club in some capacity!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plowman is a quality lockdown defender. He was third in our B&F last year and played even better this year - he continues to take on the toughest roles and pick up scalps. He isn’t going anywhere and we should be thankful for that.

Instead of saying he’s no good, the small minority of you can just put a sign on your forehead saying you have no clue about footy so the rest of us know to ignore you.

Lockdown defenders that take the opposition’s most dangerous small/medium forward are always underrated because the nature of their role means they’re going to concede the occasional goal, and conceding a goal rarely looks good.

Of course, Plowman hasn’t always been this good and there’s been plenty of warranted criticism. But he is a different beast to previous years, and people hanging onto their gripes from years ago clearly aren’t watching games. As players improve, you need to be willing to re-assess your opinions.

All good sides need a versatile disciplined defender like him. He is actually quite a solid rebounder when given the opportunity too, which you can’t underestimate.

There are going to be times when our structures break down, his opponent gets an easy goal and he unfairly looks bad. There are going to be times where his super talented opponents simply do get the better of him and he’s beaten - not everyone can win 100% of contests like Weitering. But that’s just part of the caper. Don’t worry about Plowman - he’s the least of our concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back