List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. A gifted athlete but limited footballer. Doesn't play like a key position player and is a shocking set shot. Can't see him being anything more than solid depth for you guys.

Moore looks like a third tall, not key position, when l watch his highlights. Plenty to like about him but his kicking action is clumsy. Because of his kicking lm not that keen on him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moore looks like a third tall, not key position, when l watch his highlights. Plenty to like about him but his kicking action is clumsy. Because of his kicking lm not that keen on him.

I just don't know. The other 3 just don't seem to have any special qualities that stand out like Moore does.
However, they also don't appear to have the (kicking) deficiencies that he does, either.

I think if we decide we have a good chance of rectifying his goal kicking somewhat (like Casboult), he could offer more upside than those 3.
A 23-year-old tall with AFL quality ball handling, speed and marking might be worth a shot.

But you do have hair! ... looks like it's mostly on one side of your head, though.
Also, don't go driving with the top down and remember to keep your mouth shut.

Would you like me to park your car for you?

Bit a conspiracy theory...

Kemp before being drafted said (paraphrase) 'I'd love to get back to playing ASAP, but I would understand some clubs might want me to sit out all of next year'.

I wonder if Carlton was very confident it would land Kemp and had pre-warned him that we would place him on the LTI list....
ooooh, I love a good conspiracy theory...

Here's another one, not really Carlton related although one did play for the NB's.....in the local footy down here, Dromana (yaaay) defeated Sorrento in the GF...Dromana being the local kids up against the very rich and well sponsored Sorrento, who draft ex AFL players for big coin.

I didn't realise until recently that Eddie M is a major sponsor of Sorrento FC.....and funnily enough after the grand final, Collingwood VFL signed up Dromana players Sam Geurts (19yo ruck who was BOG in the GF), and Sam Fowler who was with the NB's in 2017, and a ****ing gun small forward.

So, does Eddie see them as genuine AFL prospects, or just recruiting them so they won't be a hindrance to Sorrento winning the premiership in 2020 :think:

I just don't know. The other 3 just don't seem to have any special qualities that stand out like Moore does.
However, they also don't appear to have the (kicking) deficiencies that he does, either.

I think if we decide we have a good chance of rectifying his goal kicking somewhat (like Casboult), he could offer more upside than those 3.
A 23-year-old tall with AFL quality ball handling, speed and marking might be worth a shot.
I think it's fixable, but I really do like the look of him as someone who can play the flanks, who can play the wing, can pinch hit out of the square at either end, but most impressively in a clearance situation.

He has the agility, power and speed mix to leave players grasping at and gasping for air. Unless he's a belligerent dropkick, he should be in the AFL system, or failing that, an NFL talent program.

Cunico can tear up the field and nail the same 40m kick consistently, but I'm not confident on his game outside of that, particularly given how much that pigeon holes him at HB and needing to be defensively switched on.

Last edited:
I think it's fixable, but I really do like the look of him as someone who can play the flanks, who can play the wing, can pinch hit out of the square at either end, but most impressively in a clearance situation.

He has the agility, power and speed mix to leave players grasping at and gasping for air. Unless he's a belligerent dropkick, he should be in the AFL system, or failing that, an NFL talent program.

Cunico can tear up the field and nail the same 40m kick consistently, but I'm not confident on his game outside of that, particularly given how much that pigeon holes him at HB and needing to be defensively switched on.

Re his clearance work, that was the most interesting part of the highlights. It looked unusually good and l didn’t expect to see that.

If he is going to play forward of centre he needs to be a more natural kick that can hit targets without taking too much time about it. His clumsy kicking action means he has to steady over the ball for longer before disposing of it. Even then he may not be very accurate.

I don’t want this to play out like Deluca. Whoever thought it was a good idea to recruit deluca to play small forward should have a black mark against there name. His kicking action meant it would never work. He was highly structured and needed time to settle over the ball running in a direct straight line to his target. He could not dispose of the ball quickly and could not kick around corners. These are necessities for a small forward.

Moore probably isn’t as limited\structured in his kicking as Deluca and wouldn’t play the same role but forwards who are ordinary kicks can cause a lot of grief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ooooh, I love a good conspiracy theory...

Here's another one, not really Carlton related although one did play for the NB's.....in the local footy down here, Dromana (yaaay) defeated Sorrento in the GF...Dromana being the local kids up against the very rich and well sponsored Sorrento, who draft ex AFL players for big coin.

I didn't realise until recently that Eddie M is a major sponsor of Sorrento FC.....and funnily enough after the grand final, Collingwood VFL signed up Dromana players Sam Geurts (19yo ruck who was BOG in the GF), and Sam Fowler who was with the NB's in 2017, and a ****ing gun small forward.

So, does Eddie see them as genuine AFL prospects, or just recruiting them so they won't be a hindrance to Sorrento winning the premiership in 2020 :think:

COI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we are going down the wrong path if we are looking to play Moore as a KPF.

His attributes would be better suited further up the ground where he can make more of an impact, also may help to alleviate some psychological pressure of regularly kicking for goal.

Can he be converted into a backman?
He was moved between forward and back early on in our VFL side. Definitely had more impact forward.

I was hoping we'd give him another crack down back last year before he got the boot but he was injured alot and never really go going. Plus there wasn't really a spot down back for him with Balta, Miller and Garthwaite there.

Couldn't see him getting a game down back with you guys either. Certainly not before Weitering, Jones, Casboult or Marchbank.

Not sure where to put, here or under the F/S Thread, but here we go.

I have made no secret of my desire for the club to draft a young ruck or maybe even two at the end of the year.
Henry Walsh is the obvious top of the list, and plenty of info will come to the fore over the season. The "smokey" is one Joshua Cripps. While listed on the East Freo website, played no Colts footy last year. Mentioned in despatches as having participated in the WAFL juniors testing combine over the weekend. No results to this stage. 2002 birthday and already 198cm (imagine a growth spurt like his brother's...Sandy and Cox heighto_O) Was mentioned as getting some tips from Kreuze at one stage last year. Like big bro attending Aquinas College, so expect him in the WAFL Colts during the coming year.

FWIW also have a draft watch on Will Papley (brother of) who has performed well as an underager and has similar traits to his brother.

It gets so tricky from here, if we were to put all our energy into a particular individual/type.
It may all become clear once the season is complete, but right now I'm finding it somewhat difficult as to who we should be targeting that will make us immediately better as a whole.

At this stage I feel we're in a good space where the backline is concerned.
The midfield could come out proving we have a fabulous mix of inside/outside types.
The forward line if fit - The talls are solid and the smalls may need some work after Betts.
Flankers also have a good blend to them and most are just reaching an age where they should start showing plenty.
Rucks? Yes, but it has to be specific and we're not getting Grundy.

All in all, it's from within we now have to grow. Just not sure what our principle targets should be just at this stage.

I would go again for Papley or someone of that ilk. There will be a gap in the list there post-Betts.

Other than that, no significant holes, providing of course that our tall forwards can get healthy.

I would go again for Papley or someone of that ilk. There will be a gap in the list there post-Betts.

Other than that, no significant holes, providing of course that our tall forwards can get healthy.
If Kreuzer retired tomorrow, we'd have a worse ruck division than the Western Bulldogs. Let that sink in.

If Kreuzer retired tomorrow, we'd have a worse ruck division than the Western Bulldogs. Let that sink in.

I don't think Pittonet is thaaaaat bad. Guy is serviceable, much better than Phillips and Lobbe.

Every ruck division would take a massive hit losing their #1 guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back