2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Cox giving lip after jagging one goal.

Epic floggery.

Holman takes a mark in the goal square, plays on and is caught HTB as had no awareness of Crisp being right behind him.

Then takes a mark 45 metres out and decides to play on again! Fluffs the kick to King.

Greenwood takes a good intercept mark in defense and decides it’s a good idea to handball to a flat footed Harbrow who falls over.

Swallow then fumbles the ball as the Suns are flowing forward with numbers, concede a free and 50 metre penalty to Crisp who converts.

All of these were chances where they could’ve either taken the lead or stayed within a goal late in the 3rd/early 4th, instead it’s now a 3 goal margin and game over. Such a disappointment this season.

I have not seen worse skills in a game this year, the Suns have a serious lack of composure for a team with the amount of talent they have. I’m also not sure why Holman is getting a game with the amount of talent on that list.

Still a long way to go for the Suns

Holman, Lemmens and Corbett shouldn't be getting games.

Swallow needs to be dropped, he's been woeful this year, especially for a prime 27-year-old pick 1 captain. Harbrow is surely retiring.

I find it odd they are going for Rory Atkins. They don't need another outside mid with guys like Weller, Ellis, Powell, Anderson, etc. on the list. What they really need is a Brad Crouch because they cannot keep playing Miller and Swallow as key midfielders, they aren't good enough

Still a long way to go for the Suns

Holman, Lemmens and Corbett shouldn't be getting games.

Swallow needs to be dropped, he's been woeful this year, especially for a prime 27-year-old pick 1 captain. Harbrow is surely retiring.

I find it odd they are going for Rory Atkins. They don't need another outside mid with guys like Weller, Ellis, Powell, Anderson, etc. on the list. What they really need is a Brad Crouch because they cannot keep playing Miller and Swallow as key midfielders, they aren't good enough
Harbrow is cooked and I’m glad someone else sees how disappointing Swallow is, just doesn’t offer anything these days and is only 27, what the hell has happened?

Harbrow is cooked and I’m glad someone else sees how disappointing Swallow is, just doesn’t offer anything these days and is only 27, what the hell has happened?

Injuries have hurt but he's never come on. Pick 1 in the 2010 draft, been a bust considering that draft position, could have had Andrew Gaff.

Genuinely puzzled how Fiorini and Brodie can't get games in this midfield. They also have no defensive depth at all, Kyle Hartigan would be great for them

Okay! Penultimate round completed. Here’s how our death riding went this week:

Saints vs Eagles Saints teased us early in the last before the Eagles ran over the top of them.

Melbourne vs GWS The biggest result of all. Being a Melbourne fan sucks but we only have to suffer it one more week.

Carlton vs Adelaide I’m giving it a tick because ending Carlton’s season was worth it.

Bulldogs vs Hawks Dogs got the job done but a healthier % boost would have helped more.

Collingwood vs Suns Pies get it done and make it just 2 spots in the 8 up for grabs.

Now it’s crunch time.

6. Collingwood 38 (Finals locked in)
7. St Kilda 36 111.4%
8. Bulldogs 36 103.9%
9. Melbourne 32 106.2%
10. GWS 32 100.6%

Round 18:
GWS vs Saints - The big one. A loss for GWS here and that’s all she wrote for finals. A win and we need to pay attention for the rest of the round.
Essendon vs Melbourne - the second biggest one. If GWS win, Melbourne over take them with a win unless GWS make up 6% (highly unlikely). Melbourne lose and the death ride continues.
Freo vs Bulldogs - The final chance. Freo win, and it comes down to %. Bulldogs win and it’s a top 10 pick.

So GWS lose and no finals. Win and they need Melbourne to lose (or they make up 6%) and Bulldogs to lose and GWS make up the 3%

We’re so close.

Injuries have hurt but he's never come on. Pick 1 in the 2010 draft, been a bust considering that draft position, could have had Andrew Gaff.

Genuinely puzzled how Fiorini and Brodie can't get games in this midfield. They also have no defensive depth at all, Kyle Hartigan would be great for them
I actually think their defense holds up ok considering how easily it comes in at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay! Penultimate round completed. Here’s how our death riding went this week:

Saints vs Eagles Saints teased us early in the last before the Eagles ran over the top of them.

Melbourne vs GWS The biggest result of all. Being a Melbourne fan sucks but we only have to suffer it one more week.

Carlton vs Adelaide I’m giving it a tick because ending Carlton’s season was worth it.

Bulldogs vs Hawks Dogs got the job done but a healthier % boost would have helped more.

Collingwood vs Suns Pies get it done and make it just 2 spots in the 8 up for grabs.

Now it’s crunch time.

6. Collingwood 38 (Finals locked in)
7. St Kilda 36 111.4%
8. Bulldogs 36 103.9%
9. Melbourne 32 106.2%
10. GWS 32 100.6%

Round 18:
GWS vs Saints - The big one. A loss for GWS here and that’s all she wrote for finals. A win and we need to pay attention for the rest of the round.
Essendon vs Melbourne - the second biggest one. If GWS win, Melbourne over take them with a win unless GWS make up 6% (highly unlikely). Melbourne lose and the death ride continues.
Freo vs Bulldogs - The final chance. Freo win, and it comes down to %. Bulldogs win and it’s a top 10 pick.

So GWS lose and no finals. Win and they need Melbourne to lose (or they make up 6%) and Bulldogs to lose and GWS make up the 3%

We’re so close.
I think the Saints are safe - their 111% means they'd have to lose (to GWS) by tons and tons for GWS or Lemons to kick them out.

I think the Saints are safe - their 111% means they'd have to lose (to GWS) by tons and tons for GWS or Lemons to kick them out.
About ~10 goals.

GWS have struggled to kick 10 goals let alone win by that margin. It wont happen. Take that to the bank.

i think the ladder stays pretty much as is..

bulldogs, saints, dees all have wins...

we end up with pick 8 because i cant see Carlton winning.. and GWS pick drops below freo due to freo’s deficit...

i think the ladder stays pretty much as is..

bulldogs, saints, dees all have wins...

we end up with pick 8 because i cant see Carlton winning.. and GWS pick drops below freo due to freo’s deficit...

Ferrari's are garaged. Saints should win comfortably.

Ferrari's are -garaged- in workshop. Saints should win comfortably.
ftfy

w-caradvice-com-au-how-to-crash-a-ferrari-e-jpg.916707

About ~10 goals.

GWS have struggled to kick 10 goals let alone win by that margin. It wont happen. Take that to the bank.
So worst case is GWS miraculously sneak into the 8 and have to face West Coast in WA and if they miraculously beat them they then need to travel back to SA or Brisbane and win again, they should just give up and take an early holiday.

So worst case is GWS miraculously sneak into the 8 and have to face West Coast in WA and if they miraculously beat them they then need to travel back to SA or Brisbane and win again, they should just give up and take an early holiday.

IIRC They have only scored more than 10 goals just twice since R7.

They wont win by enough to get in there. Especially against the Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back