2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason Cox giving lip after jagging one goal.

Epic floggery.

Thats how American sportsmen roll.That confidence fuels good performances.

Last night he took a bounce, dodged a player and had a shot on goal at an angle. FFS there are campaigners missing shot right in front of me lol.

He had that same swagger that stopped the juggernaut that is Richmond in 2018. Tigers fans respect him a hell of a lot.

Pies need to get their Finals permutations in order, that means beating Port in R18. Means no WA trip.

No it isn't a wasted year Kane Cornes, we get pick 1 and 2 and 7 in a who cares asterisk season (likely next season will be the same so it's ideal time to bottom out) and more importantly seen potential in our young players we drafted for this rebuild, I think we might actually be half way through our 4 year rebuild and will be back to finals contention in 2022.

Still a long way to go for the Suns

Holman, Lemmens and Corbett shouldn't be getting games.

Swallow needs to be dropped, he's been woeful this year, especially for a prime 27-year-old pick 1 captain. Harbrow is surely retiring.

I find it odd they are going for Rory Atkins. They don't need another outside mid with guys like Weller, Ellis, Powell, Anderson, etc. on the list. What they really need is a Brad Crouch because they cannot keep playing Miller and Swallow as key midfielders, they aren't good enough
Agree on Atkins. The Suns need $1m players not a load of $500k. And not a load more youngsters than they already have because it's a university team already. Just don't know about them.You look how good Sexton could be if he was somewhere else but he just plateaued at the Suns as nearly all their players do before they leave. Miller looks a shadow of what he looked like he could be. They give away Lyons, who unlike here had shown his full capabilities there. And Ah Chee looks very good at Brisbane too. Do we know if Dew is that good? If they don't improve greatly does Rowell turn down massive contract/opportunity at Collingwood/Carlton in a few years? Lukosius Port? Anderson Hawks? Rankine us?

Sporting franchises will never be successful on the Gold Coast.

NRL, NBL and ALeague have all failed.

Why would the AFL be any different.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yep.. the NRL have had 3 or 4 different teams on the goldy over the last 30 or so years. All have failed and the current team the Titans have been on the precipise a couple of times now.. there was talk of moving them to brisbane just last year.

This is an NRL state too.. if an NRL team cant make it on the GC an AFL team has even less chance.

The only thing that can save them is if they are competitive and competing in finals most years.. to do this the AFL will have to continue buffing them.. as soon as they start spending time at the bottom end of the ladder any interest in them will wane again and its all back to square one..

Funnily enough, I think an AFL side has more chance on the Gold Coast than an NRL side, all things being equal.

They have to play the long game. Participation is WAY up in Qld.

Agree on Atkins. The Suns need $1m players not a load of $500k. And not a load more youngsters than they already have because it's a university team already. Just don't know about them.You look how good Sexton could be if he was somewhere else but he just plateaued at the Suns as nearly all their players do before they leave. Miller looks a shadow of what he looked like he could be. They give away Lyons, who unlike here had shown his full capabilities there. And Ah Chee looks very good at Brisbane too. Do we know if Dew is that good? If they don't improve greatly does Rowell turn down massive contract/opportunity at Collingwood/Carlton in a few years? Lukosius Port? Anderson Hawks? Rankine us?

Why cant we go for both?

Wow... the Giants are really tearing themselves appart at the moment..

Apparently players were called into a meeting and told “if anyone doesnt want to be here they can just go.. youre not wanted”..

Guess Hately can just walk to us for nothing then!..

We’ll take Caldwell too while they are in this broom sweeping mood!..

This is why we need to remain bottom. We cant let Norf tank their way below us... Pick 1 in the PSD could end up snagging you a very good player that has ended up there due to sometging going sour at the trade table.

I think North is banking on it and will tank like hell to get below us.

Apparently players were called into a meeting and told “if anyone doesnt want to be here they can just go.. youre not wanted”..

This is why we need to remain bottom. We cant let Norf tank their way below us... Pick 1 in the PSD could end up snagging you a very good player that has ended up there due to sometging going sour at the trade table.

Wow, where did you hear that?

That's pretty big news if true!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised that in Kade Simpson's retirement article on AFL.com.au they didn't mention that Simpson is the biggest loser in AFL history having played in the most losses of anyone
Absolutely a wasted and destroyed career playing for the Blues, gained and achieved nothing aside from that title.

No Finals earned rightfully since 2011, speaks volumes of a wasted AFL opportunity.

Absolutely a wasted and destroyed career playing for the Blues, gained and achieved nothing aside from that title.

No Finals earned rightfully since 2011, speaks volumes of a wasted AFL opportunity.

Played 4 finals in his whole career, never made it past the semis. 340 games for 1 finals win. Jesus

Played 4 finals in his whole career, never made it past the semis. 340 games for 1 finals win. Jesus
Was that when they got to the finals on the back of the Dons Drugs?

Unbelievable wasted time. Taken at Pick 45, so many Clubs could have benefited by getting him and he would have had Im sure at least a much better resume to look back on.

This could might rip the playing group apart so they will get smashed by the Saints and Carlton win against Brisbane (as they are already locked for top 2) so GWS could finish below Carlton.

Hatley and O'Halloran thanks...oh and if Jye doesn't want to be there, we can take him too!
Kind of good news story you wish it was the Suns. It will happen to them eventually as well.

GWS had/has more talent that squad and still performed poorly. Rankine already has signs of bathwater drinking. It will happen. Maybe not overnight.

Mind you I rate Dew as a coach more than Cameron.

Look I don't have a problem with CARL chairing Gibbs off .....bit weird, but shouldn't they have chaired Kruezer off ?

Seems they wanted to give a retiring Crows player more attention, than their own one club player Kruezer .......he was pretty much ignored on the weekend

1600148809723.png

Look I don't have a problem with CARL chairing Gibbs off .....bit weird, but shouldn't they have chaired Kruezer off ?

Seems they wanted to give a retiring Crows player more attention, than their own one club player Kruezer .......he was pretty much ignored on the weekend

View attachment 962069
He didn’t play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back