2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All-Australian umpires are a thing?
Most umpire associations have awards for best of the year. All 3 disciplines.
I myself won one in 2018 (and in with a legitimate shot at another this year)

Here's the AFLs

He is the guy who butchered us in the grand final

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont even recall much of the games details

My few memories

1) Betts kicked an early goal in the goal square (either 1st or 2nd)
2) We were on fire in the first and up at 1/4 times
3) Game still in the balance at 1/2 time
4) Houhli was probably the best for them early, Martin taking over late.

Never watched that game again.
And Ive sat through and watched Super Bowl 51 TWICE since attending that game.

Sep 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Mavs, Sturt
So, I actually hate working from home, but today i chucked on Kayo and watched the 97 Prelim and 98 GF which definitely made it more enjoyable. I'm in my early 30s so was only a kid when these games were played. I was lucky enough to be at both of them.

Just a few comments about "the state of the game" I guess...

1. I don't necessarily think the game was better to watch then than it is now. Maybe the early 2000s were the sweetspot.
2. There's absolutely no defensive structure at all in terms of "defending as a team", which does lead to free flowing football, but I just cant ever see the game getting back to that. There's so little accountability across the ground.
3. Some players have sublime skill, Jars and Macca obviously stood out (Kane Johnson was better than I recalled).... but the skills aren't better than the game today.
4. It's super weird seeing the ruckman come off a 20m run up.
5. The use of the interchange is chalk and cheese. I think there was a point in the second quarter where they said there had only been 1 interchange for the game. Played your best players for as long as you could. Sports scientists would have a fit.
6. Peter Vardy was underrated.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
the Carlton thread about SOS is fun to read..the shitfighting about what picks they used to get McGovern forgetting it seems that McAdam was also given up as part of that trade.. If Carlton supporters are Turkeys..SOS must be Christmas

Edit..on cue an article about how McGovern does not get near the ball..bwahahahah

Edit x 2..some Carlton supporters on their SOS thread are starting to question Liam Stocker and whether he should be on the list next year since he asked for permission to leave the hub early (poor lad must feel it not getting selected in a team that is going nowhere)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide
Refresh my memory is he the one they did the pick upgrade for?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Yep. Swapped 2019 first rounders so they could get Stocker (who they rated at #6 according to SOS). It ended up being 4 for 11 (after their NGA bids)and 19. We shipped 4 for 6 and 8-10 this year. They shipped 11 last year for 17 and 22.

In the end:

6 + 8-10 for 19(Stocker), 17, 22

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
the Carlton thread about SOS is fun to read..the shitfighting about what picks they used to get McGovern forgetting it seems that McAdam was also given up as part of that trade.. If Carlton supporters are Turkeys..SOS must be Christmas

Edit..on cue an article about how McGovern does not get near the ball..bwahahahah

Edit x 2..some Carlton supporters on their SOS thread are starting to question Liam Stocker and whether he should be on the list next year since he asked for permission to leave the hub early (poor lad must feel it not getting selected in a team that is going nowhere)
If there was a ladder for list managers SOS would be 17th. He clearly scored the job because of the boys club and who he is. He has NFI how to be a list Manager.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back