2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
German mate sent me this from the Dortmund game last night

Not such a fan of the blow up stuff in the front row but they know how to put on a show

German mate sent me this from the Dortmund game last night

Not such a fan of the blow up stuff in the front row but they know how to put on a show

They're one of the best, the Urawa Reds in Japan are brilliant also.

give them credit where its due. The last few years they're as good as gets re drafting.
I'm open minded to the possibility but you need to at least make a case.

It takes 4-5 years after a draft to make a clear call on how well someone drafted, so if you are talking about their last two drafts I can't see how you can even make a call yet.

Then one needs to consider the draft picks used versus the results they got. Furthermore, if picks were obtained by trading you have to consider what was lost in the trade versus the returns.

There is also a bit of danger that the players who go well in their first couple of seasons are not necessarily the ones who end up with the highest ceilings.

I think in the 2018 draft they did pretty well, probably that'll turn out to be one of the top couple of draft hauls from that year. 2016,2017 and 2019 don't seem to be anything exceptional yet.

give them credit where its due. The last few years they're as good as gets re drafting.
Bullshit.

They maybe got a good draft haul in 2018. Everything else is middling or worse.

Bullshit.

They maybe got a good draft haul in 2018. Everything else is middling or worse.
They maybe got a good draft haul in 2018? You can’t be serious, they cleaned up.

Is it possible for you to have a balanced opinion about the AFL, instead of Crows great, everyone else isn’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The continual attacks on Faith are going a bit too far.
Give the campaigner a break. Its getting a bit vindictive.
You get what you give really

I see your Celtic park and raise you Fratton Park

Portsmouth vs AC Milan 08/09 UEFA Cup best atmosphere I’ve ever been apart of
Such a sad story Portsmouth.

Celtic Park is just frightening for oppo fans, I went as a neutral and almost felt sorry for the Kilmarnock fans.

I'm open minded to the possibility but you need to at least make a case.

It takes 4-5 years after a draft to make a clear call on how well someone drafted, so if you are talking about their last two drafts I can't see how you can even make a call yet.

Then one needs to consider the draft picks used versus the results they got. Furthermore, if picks were obtained by trading you have to consider what was lost in the trade versus the returns.

There is also a bit of danger that the players who go well in their first couple of seasons are not necessarily the ones who end up with the highest ceilings.

I think in the 2018 draft they did pretty well, probably that'll turn out to be one of the top couple of draft hauls from that year. 2016,2017 and 2019 don't seem to be anything exceptional yet.
I'd say they have been ultra aggressive in the last few years..they beat us to trade up last year and got rozee..a player that could be the best in his draft year he looks superb. Butters and duursma look tge biz as well. They also ended up with 3 picks inside 25 this year and i think georgiades on a small sample looks like he could be anything and the other 2 lads they got in bergman and williams also have lots of promise.

What can be said is that recently they have been aggressive trading players / picks to try to get to where they want and have taken a number of very promising kids..i just hope ours turn out to be better than theirs

I'd say they have been ultra aggressive in the last few years..they beat us to trade up last year and got rozee..a player that could be the best in his draft year he looks superb. Butters and duursma look tge biz as well. They also ended up with 3 picks inside 25 this year and i think georgiades on a small sample looks like he could be anything and the other 2 lads they got in bergman and williams also have lots of promise.

What can be said is that recently they have been aggressive trading players / picks to try to get to where they want and have taken a number of very promising kids..i just hope ours turn out to be better than theirs
Rozee is a jet, I don't think the other 2 are close to that level as good as they were last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back