2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any guesses when the AFL will come to a screeching halt?

The good news is that the Vic teams are out of Covictoria. The bad news is once one player in a hub catches Covid it will sweep through the team.

I predict the first team to go into a 14 day lock down will occur before the end of July. The season will collapse by the end of August. We need to keep banking the losses 😁.

The good news is that the Vic teams are out of Covictoria. The bad news is once one player in a hub catches Covid it will sweep through the team.

I predict the first team to go into a 14 day lock down will occur before the end of July. The season will collapse by the end of August. We need to keep banking the losses 😁.
How can a player in a hub catch it in states where there is no virus and borders and now all hard shut with Vic?

yep, just need to keep losing really.

Can still see us going 0-10 and AFL introducing a lottery, where we end up with pick 18.......

How can a player in a hub catch it in states where there is no virus and borders and now all hard shut with Vic?
There are more than 500 Covictorians going into the hubs so the most likely problem will be one or more of these will be asymptomatic carriers. If they are all good then the danger is the general spread from Victoria to other states.

We may be lucky and stop the current spike in Melbourne but there are lots of “relaxed” people in Victoria and all other states who could assist Covid to increase quickly. The US (and Brazil, Mexico etc) are helping other countries by demonstrating exactly how to spread the virus.

It won't.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/j...d/news-story/b4e0217700509dee59e25d5abdedcc33

Oh the horror. Must be tough to go and play in the other states for a couple of matches a year. But this, this, oh the humanity...........

Seriously, he has been gone for one day and already this. He could get his wife and kid up there as long as she goes into quarantine for 14 days then joins the

Yes, it won’t be easy but you are getting paid a reasonable amount of money. You have spent nearly 3 months 24/7 with your family over March/April/May. Get over it.

As a number of commentators have said the team that can adjust quicker to this will win the flag. Given the non-Vic clubs are going to have a significant advantage, going home for stretches of the remainder of the season, it will be either Brisbane or GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did any Eagle , Docker, Crow or Power player publically give any misgivings or opted outof GC hub?
I think Port left a couple home, but everyone else took their full squads.

A few guys were a worried early doors but went.

I think Port left a couple home, but everyone else took their full squads.

A few guys were a worried early doors but went.
Port took up a squad of 32. That was a club choice though, not players

This will be a wake-up call for many Victorian-based players, particularly for those clubs which rarely venture from the MCG.
Richmond are already outside the top-8, and now face a lenghty run of games away from the MCG. What are the chances of the reigning premiers failing to make the finals?

There was a stat last year which showed that all 10 of the AFL's least travelled players, after 200 games, were Collingwood players. They're really going to have to adjust to sleeping in hotel beds for a change.

Richmond are already outside the top-8, and now face a lenghty run of games away from the MCG. What are the chances of the reigning premiers failing to make the finals?

There was a stat last year which showed that all 10 of the AFL's least travelled players, after 200 games, were Collingwood players. They're really going to have to adjust to sleeping in hotel beds for a change.

I have this vague recollection that Collingwood's interstate record is actually quite good. Richmond not though.

I have this vague recollection that Collingwood's interstate record is actually quite good. Richmond not though.
Collingwood always have been good away, I think we've only beaten then at AO once.

Whereas we generally spank Richmond here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back