Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its been a good start to the off season for my partner and I. She just gave birth to a healthy baby girl which is our 4th and final.
So We've done our part for the purple army hahaha.
So reading this back it looks like i have 4 daughters. I have 2 daughters and 2 sons just for clarification. My 20 month old already sings the Freo song and loves trying to kick a footy. He cries when i play the eagles song and refused to wear Eagles colours when his aunty bought him eagles gear.

Hey guys not sure if anyone else has been plagued by the player cards ruining the mobile experience where you get walls of text with stats that go on for ages.

If you want it to stop go into settings and change user agent to mobile only. This fixed the issue for me anyway.

Thought you were talking about the young fella, seemed relatively minor as it was in the morning (presume after a big night) and a low level (plus on the phone).
Then I see Stengle in trouble again, he must be a loose cannon.

I know Fremantle are famously bad at list management, but it's nice to know we've never hit the Arsenal "paying 350,000 pounds a week to a guy to score more against us than the opposition" level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A blindfolded Blind Freddy could see that Joe Burns should not have been selected within the team!
The selectors have no intestinal fortitude - Burns is good when he’s on, but geez he’s been putrid this season. Too scared to go with someone else.
And I feel sorry for Wade, he’s not an opener’s backside, so he can’t really be blamed for a failure. He’s a #6 or 7, #5 at a push if there’s no one else. I’m not sure he should be in only on his batting, but Paine is a better keeper.
Travis Head, imo, is not a test level batsman.
Well done to Greene on his debut. He looks solid, but too much pressure on him when he comes in at 4 down for bugger all.

There is no way Wade’s technique will hold up against disciplined new ball test match bowling. I’m surprised he and Burns even got 8 runs each
Three batsmen not-Test level and a debutante. Not sure Paine is a test level batsmen either tbh. How TF Australia is the #1 test team in the world is a bit of a mystery. 🤔
Actually Warner, Smith, Labuschagne, Lyon and the three big quicks. Decent core group.
But 5/84 on Day 2 with night session to come. 😖
I got a bad feeling about this...

Three batsmen not-Test level and a debutante. Not sure Paine is a test level batsmen either tbh. How TF Australia is the #1 test team in the world is a bit of a mystery. 🤔
Actually Warner, Smith, Labuschagne, Lyon and the three big quicks. Decent core group.
But 5/84 on Day 2 with night session to come. 😖
I got a bad feeling about this...
Agree on Paine being sub-par. Has he got a test 100? He is a very good wicket keeper and seems to be an effective captain though. Head was ok last summer and is the incumbent lower middle order batsman but he’d want to be making some runs to keep his spot when Warner and Pucovski are fit.

I reckon we’ll be lucky to get 150.

Agree on Paine being sub-par. Has he got a test 100? He is a very good wicket keeper and seems to be an effective captain though. Head was ok last summer and is the incumbent lower middle order batsman but he’d want to be making some runs to keep his spot when Warner and Pucovski are fit.

I reckon we’ll be lucky to get 150.
Thing with Paine imo, is that he is a very good keeper (maybe #5 of the last 40 years?), and does a good job with the captaincy. Other than Smith, which won’t happen, there’s no one else who could replace him as captain.
So he stays because he’s a good keeper and a solid captain (still haven’t quite got over his horrendous referral on Stokes in last year’s Ashes, which cost the Test!). Lucky he’s a reasonable bat. (Having said that he’s playing some lovely shots at the minute 😁)

The other problem I see is we are a relatively old team.

McPharlin > Daylight > Ryan.

Ryan had a good year, but he needs 2 or 3 good year to be a Genuine A Grader, and to a top 2 team you need 4 or 5 of these players.
Ryan hasn’t just had one good year!

And to compare him to McPharlin is just silly. Why not compare him to Buddy? He’s a third tall/ intercept defender that was press ganged into number 2 KPD in 2020. The fact that he finished AA is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back