Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

That's old school change management its based around the ladder of learning.

The end goal being reflective competence. Its technically a fifth or final stage of the process whereby those you upskill become your coaching drivers in the workplace and this or ideals start to self propogate.
Tell them to “go fourth & self propogate”..

Yeah but how many you turned around that we’re extinct?

Well lets put it this way, if they couldn't or more importantly wouldn't be turned around, they would be extinct outside of my business sphere ;)

I can see why you would have that view.

He's entering his 5th season, but has had a lot of injuries. Most notably all those ankle issues when he first started with us.

Ankle injuries can linger and restrict your power off the mark and endurance. He looks like he's now getting a chance to have a good run at it.

Keep in mind that it took Daisy a good 3-4 years to overcome his ankle injury. I know it was probably more serious, but that just shows you how troublesome such injuries can be.

Also looked like he was playing injured for a large chunk of his first season with us. I'm confident he'll come good.
Kennedy got 30 possessions midflied against hawks in his first season with us on an ankle that required surgery After round 1. Reckon he’ll get there with some continuity. Hopefully he gets a good injury free season. He’ll never be lightning quick but if he can give Cripps a break at being the midfield bull & they can both rest up forward & maybe kick a few each per game thats got to help us.
Still not sold on him ever having the right level of acceleration in the first few steps to be properly impactful in midfield, as well as his overall endurance base. Thomas maintained those things despite our awful training standards, programs and injury management (from a loads perspective, at the very least).

Once they got someone into the club who knew how to keep players lean and on top of their own individual issues, look how far along he came. Imagine if Russell had been there from the start...

Reminds me of a mantra we use in training at my work at the moment. We aim go to from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence, then to conscious competence and finally unconscious competence...

View attachment 807806
That's old school change management its based around the ladder of learning.

The end goal being reflective competence. Its technically a fifth or final stage of the process whereby those you upskill become your coaching drivers in the workplace and this or ideals start to self propogate.
3mhodg.jpg

Still not sold on him ever having the right level of acceleration in the first few steps to be properly impactful in midfield, as well as his overall endurance base. Thomas maintained those things despite our awful training standards, programs and injury management (from a loads perspective, at the very least).

Once they got someone into the club who knew how to keep players lean and on top of their own individual issues, look how far along he came. Imagine if Russell had been there from the start...

3mhodg.jpg

Glad to see you back on deck Jimster!

Petrevski-Seton, Stocker, Betts, Martin and McGovern are the only players on our list I would see as being equally as competent off either foot, while I generally have faith in the opposite foot of Docherty, Lang, Cuningham and Gibbons.
Although I have never seen it, presumably Simpson is equally competent on his right foot given the number of players that still fall for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure this a is an "AFL" plus quality preseason being dished out by CFC...
If we have this group going all season.....WE WILL run over the top of a few teams
Cripps
Walsh
Murphy
Ed
Samo
Kreuzer
Doc[he may take a while]
Charlie[he may take a while]
Weitering,Jones,Simmo,Caleb Marchbank,Plow,Setterfield,Martin,Harry McKay.....

We got a good list and they have to go up levels in endurance and efficiency....to take games

Cunno,Fish,Stoker,Cas,Gibbons,JSOS,Newman,Betts,The Governator,Newnes,LOB,Dow.......thats 29 players who i think will be good to go

I hope LOB and Dow can step up in 2020.....otherwise partial seasons etc :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Weight of numbers! I just hope we have a brutal edge from losing so much. The kind that wants to drive the knife in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weight of numbers! I just hope we have a brutal edge from losing so much. The kind that wants to drive the knife in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's the DNA i really hope we get back as a club, and hopefully a modern day powerhouse, you need that brutal edge to be a serious contender without it your just making up the numbers imo.... You need too go f**king hard and fly the flag... Have each other's back... Hard edge take no s**t...

Lets look at the Dogs a few years back.under Beveridge.......

played above themselves for entire seasons,horrific injuries and brutal training...
A bit Kamikaze and wild....however it was genuine and proved successful

CFC has been planted at the other side of that approach........time to wake them up from the afternoon NAP.. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I've been checking in, it's just been a slow news month. ;)
can't for the life of me fathom why a bloke would avoid bf over january.........

Reminds me of a mantra we use in training at my work at the moment. We aim go to from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence, then to conscious competence and finally unconscious competence...

Plenty in that first group on the D&T board, genuinely believing they could've done a better job than SOS of setting up the GWS list; that musing over BigFooty mock drafts is akin to doing the actual job of an AFL list manager. Dunning and Kruger would have a field day on BF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back