Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee whiz this thread needs 4pm tomorrow to arrive quick smart.

Bounce the ball ump, ffs...

... So it can land outside the circle, be recalled and then we can start yelling at you again!

:p

Long time lurker first time poster.

HARKER and Windows1, loving your training reports. Keep ‘em coming.

No pressure on the kid, but I see traits of Luke Shuey with the way he collects the ball, accelerates out of the contest and kicks the ball.

Was rapt we took him in the rookie draft although would have selected him with the Ramsay pick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So far he's been compared to Hardwick, Dusty, Jaiyden Stephenson, Zak Jones and Luke Shuey. Plus his dad won a silver medal in long jump behind Carl Lewis. What is this freak of nature?!

Gee whiz this thread needs 4pm tomorrow to arrive quick smart.
Not happy with the start time as I have to travel from Geelong and this sort of start time is just not conducive to having to travel, a 10am - 12:00. pm start time would be much better, for me anyway, and I after all is all that matters, bastards. 😔😔🤬

What are the reasons Honey dropped to us in the rookie draft?

Clubs were worried recruiting a Dangerfield/Martin/DeGoey/Shuey/GAJ clone would make the rest of their players look bad.

Pretty sure....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Samo has been travelling under the radar a bit during this preseason. He is in ripping shape. Looking harder and stronger.
We will have the second coming of Doc and Samo will walk on water.
Cannot wait to see these two combine off the HBF. It will be special.
Speaking of Samo I just watched the St Kilda and Richmond games from late in the year and boy o boy he looked fantastic down back, swooped on the loose balls at high speed and lightning fast hands to get us out of trouble, even his one on one work was good and he gave Stack a lesson in fast precision ball use by foot, only knock is I would like him to be more attacking/adventurous with his kicks as he could be even more dangerous, so many times I got him and Simmo mixed up as Samo just played so much like him with his attack on the ball and never say die attitude he is the perfect Simmo replacement, although I would still like to see him get back in the midfield rotations as when he gets his confidence up by playing down back I think he will carve up the opposition in the middle in a really big way.

Watching the Richmond game if Teague would have manned up there extra in defence in the first half instead of waiting till after half time we could have won that game which is a shame cause we where good after halftime, also I think we need to change the match ups down back and play Jones on Lynch and Weits on Riewoldt. Good news is we now have Eddie and Martin to capitalise more on our forward 50 entries which should make a big difference come the final siren in Rd1.

Last edited:
Speaking of Samo I just watched the St Kilda and Richmond games from late in the year and boy o boy he looked fantastic down back, swooped on the loose balls at high speed and lightning fast hands to get us out of trouble, even his one on one work was good and he gave Stack a lesson in fast precision ball use by foot, only knock is I would like him to be more attacking/adventurous with his kicks as he could be even more dangerous, so many times I got him and Simmo mixed up as Samo just played so much like him with his attack on the ball and never say die attitude he is the perfect Simmo replacement, although I would still like to see him get back in the midfield rotations as when he gets his confidence up by playing down back I think he will carve up the opposition in the middle in a really big way.

Watching the Richmond game if Teague would have manned up there extra in defence in the first half instead of waiting till after half time we could have won that game which is a shame cause we where good after halftime, also I think we need to change the match ups down back and play Jones on Lynch and Weits on Riewoldt. Good news is we now have Eddie and Martin to capitalise more on our forward 50 entries which should make a big difference come the final siren in Rd1.
Fully agree and I reckon having Doc out on the ground with him will see him adapt even further.

I see Dimma has been inspired by all these Honey player/champion comparisons and just come out and said Collier-Dawkins is the next Dangerfield.

Training the ol house down apparently.

No pressure Stocker, but i really was mouthing the words RCD when Gill the Dill read out our traded pick that year and was surprised to hear Stocker instead.

Love to see these 2 go head to head over the next decade.

Is he really related to Gary Honey? He was my Year 12 PE teacher many years ago and a full on Pies supporter.

He'll be spewing if the blood of his blood is playing for us.

that’s alright. My year 7&8 PE teacher was Andy Collins. Almost spat at me in year 7 for wearing my Carlton jumper to school footy day in PE.

I see Dimma has been inspired by all these Honey player/champion comparisons and just come out and said Collier-Dawkins is the next Dangerfield.

Training the ol house down apparently.

No pressure Stocker, but i really was mouthing the words RCD when Gill the Dill read out our traded pick that year and was surprised to hear Stocker instead.

Love to see these 2 go head to head over the next decade.

Had Stocker 6 places ahead or RCD, but had Williams ahead of both

I had RCD and Williams right up at 7 and 8 and Stocker down near where we got him at 20.

Speaking of being keen to see Stock and RCD the next decade, am also very keen to see where 2 young tyro's like Williams and TDK get to. Both great list pickups in the 30's.

The only thing that worries me about Stocker right now is the consistency of his acceleration and agility. When he's got a head full of steam he looks like a different player, and then he will have periods where he just looks flat footed. Needs to get stronger through his back to apply that power more often.

RCD looks to have seriously bulked up, and with that confidence his handball game might open things up for Richmond if he's fit enough. If he's still able to bring his running power into the mix, he is a dangerous player, but one I still think can be closed down more than Cripps.

Williams is one who got away IMO, even though McGovern is in excellent nick at the moment.

The only thing that worries me about Stocker right now is the consistency of his acceleration and agility. When he's got a head full of steam he looks like a different player, and then he will have periods where he just looks flat footed. Needs to get stronger through his back to apply that power more often.

RCD looks to have seriously bulked up, and with that confidence his handball game might open things up for Richmond if he's fit enough. If he's still able to bring his running power into the mix, he is a dangerous player, but one I still think can be closed down more than Cripps.

Williams is one who got away IMO, even though McGovern is in excellent nick at the moment.
What’s your opinion on stockers progress in terms of his physical condition? I personally expected a bit more progress and in particular am surprised he is not as lean as he could be.

What’s your opinion on stockers progress in terms of his physical condition? I personally expected a bit more progress and in particular am surprised he is not as lean as he could be.
Yeah, it's concerning. From all reports he's covering more ground, but I think they need to work on his core strength (and they probably already have been over the pre-season) and his nutrition. He might be doing what he's told, but it probably needs a tweak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back