List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when old news gets regurgitated. Especially when it’s irrelevant.
Then again we got through 10,000 posts before September finished.

I wanted to like The Filth Wizard post you quoted too, but it's lost in the quagmire of this thread.

And whilst searching for it, accidently liked a Rad Roo post. Utter embarrassment.

It’s not Froggy alone , I’m tipping every other club will expect us to finish last next year .

We are already positioning ourselves for pick 1 and Horne next year, mate.

Teams expect us to finish last and we will - which is awesome.

Because Horne is the s**t.

We are already positioning ourselves for pick 1 and Horne next year, mate.

Teams expect us to finish last and we will - which is awesome.

Because Horne is the sh*t.

I would be trading our second and thirds for next year into this year. It'd be there about pick 20 and 40 combined, could net us another late first rounder on it's own, depending who isn't interested in this draft.

FFS - Cunners, Goldy, Higgo, Tarrant etc etc etc. They will all be linked with moves at some stage if only by question. The club has told all 30yo plus that if they want to leave and chase a flag the club will consider their request. Thats not quite the same as them all (or any) being on the trade table with the club wanting to get rid of then.

I would be trading our second and thirds for next year into this year. It'd be there about pick 20 and 40 combined, could net us another late first rounder on it's own, depending who isn't interested in this draft.
Why would you be trading out of next years draft??
Next years draft is going to be insane good and deep!

Why would you be trading out of next years draft??
Next years draft is going to be insane good and deep!

They say that about every draft. It's investing counter cycle. If this draft is more speculative further down and half the players have no form line, we'd be better off shifting our hand higher in this one.

They say that about every draft. It's investing counter cycle. If this draft is more speculative further down and half the players have no form line, we'd be better off shifting our hand higher in this one.
Na... they don’t say that about every draft at all.
I agree high picks in this draft is critical.
Using Polec to maybe lift our 25 into the 1st would be great.
but holding onto as much draft capital, or in fact increasing our picks and positioning for next year, is critical.
I think most of us agree that we will be at or close to the bottom, trading out a 2nd is a pick in the top 20 next year, as you said in your previous post.... no way am I giving that up in next years draft.

Where does he play? Hasn't got the speed/tank to go through the middle anymore and as a forward this year he kicked 1 goal 7 with several more shots that didn't trouble the scorers. I hope you are right but I have real concerns.
If it is correct the club have offered all 30 plus year players get out clauses, I find it strange Ziebell is not included.
He will be 30 by the start of next season
Why is the club not offering him the option to explore other opportunities?
Granted he is our Captain but I can’t say
FFS - Cunners, Goldy, Higgo, Tarrant etc etc etc. They will all be linked with moves at some stage if only by question. The club has told all 30yo plus that if they want to leave and chase a flag the club will consider their request. Thats not quite the same as them all (or any) being on the trade table with the club wanting to get rid of then.
If correct, re all 30 yo and overs, why is Ziebell not included in discussions?
Will be 30 by 2021 season’s start.
Regardless of the captain title, he is not any more important to the team structure, or the fabric of our club, than Tarrant, Cunners and Goldy.
I feel there would not be much interest in Ziebell via a trade scenario - unlike the others.
Does Jack provide enough effective leadership to steer our next generation through?
I am not saying sack Jack, but if the club are truly ruthless this time around and also prepared to find homes for 30 plus year olds, I wonder why Ziebell’s name is not also being suggested.
Again, suspect there is no interest and makes me question where he fits on our list.
Without the Captain title, is he a lock for best 22?
Does he or the club want his career to finish on that note?
Awkward situation for the club and Jack.

I agree every year next years draft is going to be better than this years. Can someone no googleing tell me next years top 10 picks if it is a so called super draft. Sorry Souup and Pickie you two are not allowed to answer because you are the exception.

I agree every year next years draft is going to be better than this years. Can someone no googleing tell me next years top 10 picks if it is a so called super draft. Sorry Souup and Pickie you two are not allowed to answer because you are the exception.

Surely next year's draft is even more speculative than at this point this one given that there has been no footy for the lower age bracket. There would be a large chunk of players with zero exposed form. I did read here that there is one player people are touting as a lock for number 1.

Next year's draft is also a long time away. Let's focus on getting this one right and getting as many picks as high as we can.

If it is correct the club have offered all 30 plus year players get out clauses, I find it strange Ziebell is not included.
He will be 30 by the start of next season
Why is the club not offering him the option to explore other opportunities?
Granted he is our Captain but I can’t say

If correct, re all 30 yo and overs, why is Ziebell not included in discussions?
Will be 30 by 2021 season’s start.
Regardless of the captain title, he is not any more important to the team structure, or the fabric of our club, than Tarrant, Cunners and Goldy.
I feel there would not be much interest in Ziebell via a trade scenario - unlike the others.
Does Jack provide enough effective leadership to steer our next generation through?
I am not saying sack Jack, but if the club are truly ruthless this time around and also prepared to find homes for 30 plus year olds, I wonder why Ziebell’s name is not also being suggested.
Again, suspect there is no interest and makes me question where he fits on our list.
Without the Captain title, is he a lock for best 22?
Does he or the club want his career to finish on that note?
Awkward situation for the club and Jack.
That's assuming Ziebell hasn't had the same proposal put in front of him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Adelaide are walking Hartley can’t we walk Caldwell?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How come I haven't heard this technique much in the past. First time was Carlton last year with Martin.... but really if it's this easy the bottom at least three teams should always be able to gain an ooc without offloading any picks via this method

That's assuming Ziebell hasn't had the same proposal put in front of him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Agree.
And also acknowledge there has been no official club statement, so all is just speculation.
Unless anybody here has it in fact?

If we trade Cunnington and keep Dumont, I will be bitterly disappointed.

I agree with the overarching sentiment that due to leg speed, we can only really afford 2 of Dumont, Cunnington and Ziebell in the 22.

I get that Dumont is younger, but I’d like us to play Cunnington forward more from now on and try to extend his career rather than Swallow-ing him into oblivion.

I would prefer we increase our draft hand for next year. It is a stronger draft and we will actually see the kids play. A late first in this years draft is a lucky dip.

How come I haven't heard this technique much in the past. First time was Carlton last year with Martin.... but really if it's this easy the bottom at least three teams should always be able to gain an ooc without offloading any picks via this method

That depends on the bottom three teams all convincing players to come to them, to be prepared to just walk out on their existing team, and take the risk that it could go wrong. My understanding was the Blues agreed with Martin to a massively front-loaded contract to deter any teams with higher picks.

If we weren't confident that Adelaide was going to take someone specific with pick 1 then it would be risky for us to try and walk someone to pick 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back