2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Crouch is uncontracted at seasons end making him a free agent. For the Crows to be covering any of his contract at another club next year we would need to re sign him and then trade. If clubs were able to pay part of a leaving free agents salary the compensation would be affected and it would further compromise the draft. The AFL is incompetent but they at least foresaw that loophole.

We could trade Matt who has a year to go on his contract and pay part of his salary for next year, but not Brad.
i think what they are proposing is they take brad at $750 a year so we get compo pick 2..

we then take edwards, RCD and maybe even another player off them.. give them a bit higher return in draft picks for them and at the same time freeing up some salary cap space for them so they can afford to pay the $750 to brad..

might raise some red flags at AFL house though.. could potentially be deemed as draft tampering..

i think what they are proposing is they take brad at $750 a year so we get compo pick 2..

we then take edwards, RCD and maybe even another player off them.. give them a bit higher return in draft picks for them and at the same time freeing up some salary cap space for them so they can afford to pay the $750 to brad..

might raise some red flags at AFL house though.. could potentially be deemed as draft tampering..
I'd be ok with taking Edwards on as a salary dump but I wouldn't be offering any picks under 50 for him. Is it Collier-Dawkins the mid or Coleman-Jones the fwd/ruck?

I'd be ok with taking Edwards on as a salary dump but I wouldn't be offering any picks under 50 for him. Is it Collier-Dawkins the mid or Coleman-Jones the fwd/ruck?
i dont know if there was any players locked in as such.. mainly just discussing the idea and how it could be approached..

Cancel all plans to get Rankine home. He just proved he is in the bottom 5% for footy IQ. Plenty of talent, no brain. Third rounder at best.

Hi everyone, another tiger coming in peace:D. Would you all be happy with the trade deal floated? I see it as a win-win. We get a player on subsidised wage who can help shoudler Cotchin and Edward's midfield load. You guys get a good draft pick and couple of our fringe players who bring a winning culture.
Yeah CCJ has really had a feel of that on field winning culture....1 game in 3 years.

Not the way I read Cleric post at all. Numerous posters on this board are calling for Matt to be traded even though he has a year to run on his contract.

Where exactly has it been mentioned anywhere that Matt wants out before his contract is up?

Cleric's main point the way I read it is that if he only attracts a late 1st round pick in this draft there is absolutely no guarantee the draftee we select with that pick will ever reach the same heights and in all likelihood not be as good in terms of ability, let alone the factor even if they do turn out OK they will more than likely take at least a couple of years to reach the input of Matt currently even though he's down on form..
Exactly my point.
I see everyone saying to trade out Matt, Brad and Laird when they are AA and B&F players. As you know, the chances of finding replacements of the same calibre with the picks we would get (I doubt the AFL would give us band 1 compo for Brad) is less than people here think.
Some of the reason we are where we are is because we lost players and couldnt replace them with the same quality.

RCD not likely to be going anywhere.

There's no way Shedda leaves either. Wouldn't even be on big money to need to salary dump.

The Crouch trade is more about us giving you fringe youngsters for nothing I'm exchange for you covering a portion of his salary. However, it will only happen if the FA offer isn't high enough to get you pick two.

There is no way in today’s revised climate that he leaves for the next after pick one. The calculus and revision is going to be for pick 19.
At this stage he’d still prefer here than going.
I don’t want him to leave for that pick.
GWS will give us similar in a compromising draft.

There's no way Shedda leaves either. Wouldn't even be on big money to need to salary dump.

The Crouch trade is more about us giving you fringe youngsters for nothing I'm exchange for you covering a portion of his salary. However, it will only happen if the FA offer isn't high enough to get you pick two.
Wait. We give you our best and fairest, and pay some of his salary, and in return you give us some list cloggers?

Brad Crouch is uncontracted at seasons end making him a free agent. For the Crows to be covering any of his contract at another club next year we would need to re sign him and then trade. If clubs were able to pay part of a leaving free agents salary the compensation would be affected and it would further compromise the draft. The AFL is incompetent but they at least foresaw that loophole.

We could trade Matt who has a year to go on his contract and pay part of his salary for next year, but not Brad.

Paying a huge part of his contract next year would have to be a part of any trade of Matt.

How do these deals work? I'd assume a new contract would be negotiated with the new club before the trade is finalised. We can still pay part of the first year of that new contract?

What's the highest % we could pay of his contract next year?

Wait. We give you our best and fairest, and pay some of his salary, and in return you give us some list cloggers?
I wouldn't call Graham and Coleman-Jones list cloggers. Coleman-Jones has a lot of potential to be a really strong ruck/forward. Was a highish pick. Graham has a much lower ceilings but would be a great player to shield kids in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't call Graham and Coleman-Jones list cloggers. Coleman-Jones has a lot of potential to be a really strong ruck/forward. Was a highish pick. Graham has a much lower ceilings but would be a great player to shield kids in the midfield.
Graham will be delisted so we can get him for nothing and CJ has 0 trade value

If you were in Adelaide's position which would you prefer?

Getting pick 2 compo and not paying any of Brad's salary or getting Graham, Coleman-Jones and paying part of Brad's salary?

Paying a huge part of his contract next year would have to be a part of any trade of Matt.

How do these deals work? I'd assume a new contract would be negotiated with the new club before the trade is finalised. We can still pay part of the first year of that new contract?

What's the highest % we could pay of his contract next year?
It would ruin us like it has in the list management department this yr paying for two not with us.
it is a ludicrous idea. We are bent over right now. Why bend over more .

I would like to extend an invitation to Charlie Ballard. He could free up some less defensive half backs to the mid area.
I would like to live in the real world and supply this tidbit again. Totally getable and frees up two players .

It would ruin us like it has in the list management department this yr paying for two not with us.
it is a ludicrous idea. We are bent over right now. Why bend over more .

The idea is Matt's trade value is pretty low right now. If the contract suits the new club it makes him more attractive. Possibly increases trade value, not sure of examples of this, know it gets floated on Bigfooty a bit.

There are clubs that ,may assist in pushing up contract value that would help you , it wouldn’t be us and I’d find it hard to believe the cats , the 2 clubs with mooted interest. Coz I couldn’t see us being able to fit a 700+ player in , 500-600 maybe at most
I think CCJ will be a real chance to be on the move , is a talent that just can’t get an oppo and with chol on the rise that chance is slipping fast . He’s contracted so won’t be gifted . Jack Graham is off contract , if he wants to depart I reckon we d let him go
No chance sheds would be let go , Nankervis is out of contract , interesting how that plays out too

The idea is Matt's trade value is pretty low right now. If the contract suits the new club it makes him more attractive. Possibly increases trade value, not sure of examples of this, know it gets floated on Bigfooty a bit.
We are already in negative territory. It seriously won’t work in any model.

The only way I see that being legit is you’d have to re contract , that’s hard to believe when off contract on fa year
It’d also expose a how much of a utensil up our wage system is. Apart from it not going to happen, you don’t even need it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back