List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer to keep Seb, but I can how he wouldn't fit into Ratten's ideal mix. Ratten clearly likes multiple position players. Seb is pretty much exclusively a centre bounce midfielder. He has occasional times on the wing and half back, but he doesn't do very much anywhere other than as a genuine mid. Wouldn't surprise me if Ratten wants the players who lack versatility to be high quality in their role. Seb did a pretty decent tagging role in the back end of the year, but it's hard to know whether he was given that role because he was struggling in his normal role or if it was seen as a long term idea.

To be honest I’m more interested in this Seb Ross rumour.

Especially as Essendon will have picks 6+7+8
Absolutely in terms of team structure the addition of Crouch and with Bytel and Byrnes coming through it makes sense to look at offers for Seb. I just never understand when people bring ups Billings. Yes he will never be the Bont but he seems to have finally found his role and was outstanding for us this year.

Why would anyone take a Second Rounder for Seb Ross, it's a top 10 pick or he stays. He is still best 18, and our VC. He's 27 and has a role that allows Steele to be Steele. Crazy talk.
I’m not overly keen on losing Ross. He had picked up form back end of the season. He is a leader of the club, and is probably our next captain (I’d rather steele).

I generally hate stats & agree with you re; making the step up from underage footy to senior footy.

Was just making the point that he’s another kid who played as a midfielder at a high level throughout his juniors but has been pigeon holed as a small forward at AFL level. I reckon he’s very similar to Gresh but hasn’t had the opportunity to play real midfield minutes due to the strength of the Richmond midfield.

LDU had a great season BTW... he’s a slow burn but looks like being a ripper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep 👍
Every year I have FOMO about some of the guys taken ahead or just after our picks... A lot of media hype on these guys... can’t complain much about our recent drafting... wouldn’t mind Parfitt or Bolton though 😀

Why would you get rid of Ross for a pick like that? Regardless of how you feel, he is a 2 x BnF winning Midfielder. He gets the midfield head to head match up and performed pretty strongly in the run home in that role.

I would want a first round pick. As I just posted. It would hurt us to see him go, but he is replaceable if adequately compensated

I agree but he's not the sort of bloke that clubs would fight over themselves to acquire, despite being a decent 2x bnf mid.

Without several potential suitors driving the price up, I think the best we would get offered would be around pick 20.

As you and others point out- that's not really a deal worth doing for us, especially if we are shooting for a flag.

Our best shot would be moving seb on for a player, not a pick.
Someone in the same boat as caldwell.
Unproven, but potentially elite talent- a stephenson or fiorini or something like that.

Even a 3 way trade that brings higgins in and seb out wouldn't be terrible (as long as crouch and potentially another starting 22 mid is coming in too).

If you can get any of those picks for Seb i will declare you as a fc--king genius :D
Do you really think they would give 8 for him ?
Let’s take out the bias - because being honest, it’s not even close to true and talk facts.

Vice captain. Capable of accumulating huge numbers. 2 x BnF winner. Does a very good job head to head.

Kicking is s**t when asking him to play outside his strengths. But his best football involves him breaking a line and slotting a long range goal.

For most of his career with us, he had to be the main midfielder that did the dirty work, whilst the board touches themselves over Jack burning the pill Ross dished out because he went fast and it was exciting. Honestly He would be a sound get for someone like Essendon.

Now, tell me why pick 8 wouldn’t be reasonable for that resume? We have to replace him and if this was true. Yeah he is the same age as Treloar. Probably not a huge difference in coin if we factor in the Collingwood payment support they will provide for a taker...

If we got a 20-30 pick or worse, that hurts us. There is no replacement for that resume and Ross is in his prime.

If you can get any of those picks for Seb i will declare you as a fc--king genius :D
Do you really think they would give 8 for him ?

Straight 8 for Seb, $$$ off the book, 8 to filth and considering the pick they pick up 250k for 2 years. Treloar costs us Seb but at around the same $$ for the next two years.

Club won’t walk away from Crouch.
If they match, we’ll trade pick 15.
Powers at be are as impatient as the supporter base and pick 15 doesn’t get us closer to winning a flag next year.
Would be nice to keep it if we can, but we won’t let the opportunity to bring Crouch in slip.
I'd be more than okay with that, especially in a draft as compromised as this one. If they think they're getting next years first though they're ******* kidding themselves.

Absolutely in terms of team structure the addition of Crouch and with Bytel and Byrnes coming through it makes sense to look at offers for Seb. I just never understand when people bring ups Billings. Yes he will never be the Bont but he seems to have finally found his role and was outstanding for us this year.
People like targeting players for crazy reasons.

The same ones who want him gone will be the same guys who cry over how Billings is racking up 20+ touches on a HFF/wing for another side and desperate for someone with his delivery around the ground. Seb Ross gets the same treatment to a certain extent.

If Seb does leaves, I cant see it being to Essendon.

He was very vocal at the end of the season about how desperate he was to play finals and how embarrassing it was that players he was rafted with have played 10+ while he had played zero.

Cant see him wanting to go to Essendon after those comments since they look a long way from being a finals side again (especially with them bringing in more midfielders and not addressing their woeful forward line).

Treloar is interesting. Apparently he told the pies he wants to spend 2 days a week in qld. But wants to remain in Melbourne.

I think the pies are really ****ed in terms of the cap and have been told by the AFL to move one of the big earners on.

So treloar is it. Which sucks for him given hes on a blackended deal. I can see why he's sticking his feet in and saying "* you! Pay me!"

If his hammies are fine and he's not a primma donna he'd be perfect for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen enough delusion in the crouch thread where just about all of their supporters think he's going to net them pick 2. Please don't tell me that delusion is rubbing off on our board thinking that Seb Ross is going to return us a top 10 pick. It's one thing to be a bit of a homer but mythical fairytales is another thing.

Think he is going to either Giants or Swans .
Essendon midfield will be stacked !

Merrett, McGrath, Parish, Shiel, Heppell, Langford, Caldwell and now potentially Ross and dunkley

Doubt they get Dunkley anyway good luck with trade period with Essendon all clubs.

Seb in all likelihood could find himself captaining the club next season
I honestly think Steele might have pipped him.

Especially at board level. They really like the idea of it being Steele. Feel commercially it lifts the profile etc

I know Ratten and the football leadership group really resonated with that idea aswell.

On Crouch and the Crows matching... watching his interview the other day, he didn't come across as really wanting to make the move to us and didn't seem genuinely excited (IMO anyway). I got the feeling from the way he talked that if the Crows decided to match, he'd consider staying because he doesn't like the big smoke that much. If you were Adelaide, why would you match to try and get more compensation, when there is every possible chance that if they did match, Crouch would take their offer and stay.

Or I could be wrong and he's just a bloke that doesn't really show much off the footy field.

Oh.. ahh can go make of that any club you will... am I doing it right?

On Crouch and the Crows matching... watching his interview the other day, he didn't come across as really wanting to make the move to us and didn't seem genuinely excited (IMO anyway). I got the feeling from the way he talked that if the Crows decided to match, he'd consider staying because he doesn't like the big smoke that much. If you were Adelaide, why would you match to try and get more compensation, when there is every possible chance that if they did match, Crouch would take their offer and stay.

Or I could be wrong and he's just a bloke that doesn't really show much off the footy field.

Oh.. ahh can go make of that any club you will... am I doing it right?
You’re probably right.

But his career needs a jolt of the uncomfortable. He needs to be pushed. This is a good move for him.

I honestly think Steele might have pipped him.

Especially at board level. They really like the idea of it being Steele. Feel commercially it lifts the profile etc

I know Ratten and the football leadership group really resonated with that idea aswell.
We are going to have to make sure we have stronger leaders around him for a few years. To go from not in the leadership group at the start of 2020, to captaining in 2021 is a big step that could go wrong if he doesnt have good support around him.

Thats another reason why Geary staying on another year is important for the club.

Really fascinating to see how both ends of the spectrum work ...

Dodoro: "This guy once got a vote in our B&F and tore it up in our VFL squad two years ago ... two firsts, a second, your best player, and a case of Stella gets it done"
Saints BF posters: "Two time B&F winner, Vice Captain, and consistent Brownlow poller ... We'd really like two packs of salt and vinegar chips, but we'll settle for one, if you throw in a bottle of past-dated VB"

I think we do tend to undervalue our players just a smidgen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back