List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the contract isnt even close to triggers band 1, this makes much more sense for everyone involved. But I doubt a club with Mark Ricciuto running it will realise this.

Take the band 2 compo then the clubs negotiate between ourselves a better outcome now with two first rounders to play with than just one thats only 5 picks better than the extra pick given by the AFL.

lets get to Friday, lodge the paper work, get them to declare that they'll match then go hard at Treloar instead.

Essendon midfield will be stacked !

Merrett, McGrath, Parish, Shiel, Heppell, Langford, Caldwell and now potentially Ross and dunkley

Poor Caldwell, probably will be stuck in the 2nds for a while... but he wlll have a secure contract...oh that is until they move him to another club.

Everyone has been sacked or left that club except for the one person who does the drafting and trading.
The day he leaves the club will be the saddest day. Since he's been there in 2005 they haven't won a final....

Long may it continue...

Hmmmm, think we all agree that a pick around 15 is probably the fair mark for a player like Brad Crouch, if it came to trading for him. We all seem to think Brad then becomes the second best midfielder we have. How can we then suggest getting 8 for Seb is fair, when he is probably borderline best 22 after Brad comes in? 2nd rounder, wish him all the best and move on.

one is a freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee agent.

sure at that point, but that's not the point i was making. the discussion was around ensuring we do not trade for crouch when adelaide match, my point was we can't be doing that. if crouch has committed himself to coming to st kilda we cant then turn around and be like "yeah sorry trade cost is too high"
of course we can ... our comitment to crouch is to get him via Free agency , we held up our end of the bargain by putting the contract that he has accepted to him .. IF the crows decide they want to match that and keep him then we have zero obligation to the player to get them to us ...
this widly held rubish that once a player nominates you then you have to move heaven and earth and drop pants to land them or else look like a fool is utter trash ... last year Joe was comitted to the swans a deal didnt eventuate .. that didnt reflect poorly on the Swans at all its just more medai spin to have a underhanded swipe at the smaller clubs like us and North Melbourne for not landing a "big Fish"... there are two partys in every Trade if the trade doesnt eventuate in the eyes of the player and the player manager the blame doesnt automatically land on the club the player wants to go to thats just another unfair expectation put on a smaller club that they "HAVE TO" make the deal..
throw into this situation that its an offer to pick up the player via FA the obligation on St Kilda to get the deal done is no way a poor reflection on the club if it doesnt happen because the Crows match .. its not a bidding war we put in our offer the player takes it or leaves it the spanner is the crows have the option to stop the transfer by matching the offer ...

If we get Jack Higgins, I will be pretty stoked. I am more excited about this pick up than Brad Crouch. Ratts and him have a similar nature, he will be a great mentor for Jack and potentially get the best out of him. He was likened to Toby Green in his draft year, you can see similarities in the way he plays. Strong, agile and has x factor, could potentially become a match winner and has great football IQ. He is just the likable version.

IMO once he feels confident, respected and he belongs at this level, he could become a gun of the competition. If you watch his interview pre draft year and other media videos. He speaks well, but soon as he got to afl level it seemed he got over whelmed, media focusing on him dropping out and his stuff ups when speaking, then it kinda just kept snowballing and building in his head. Not saying he is the most intelligent guy, but he is genuine, good natured and sounds like a great person to have at our football club. A life changing incident always helps you grow up, he said that he matured a fair bit after that incident.

Keen to see him running around in the Red, White & Black if he has chosen us.

Great post. I'll be absolutely wrapt if Higgins is in RWB in 2021. Such a passionate character with a great work ethic and natural football IQ to add to a young group.

lets get to Friday, lodge the paper work, get them to declare that they'll match then go hard at Treloar instead.
It doesn’t make any sense to me, with have a pocket full of cash and a first rounder.

Why are we after the 28 year old with injury and off-field problems, why not see if we can shake loose a better option.

That would be great. Seems exactly like something Satan would do too.
Reminds me of last year.

Satan: Pick 6?
Bell: We want more.
Satan: Cool
****five minutes later****
Yo, GWS, gimme 12 and 18 and you can have 6.
GWS: K
Bell: What happened to pick 6?
Satan: Suck it, that's what!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like players who know their limits. Play to their strengths.

This was a weakness of Lonie and it appears to be a strength of Higgins. Footy smarts is a very underrated asset. Higgins has it in spades apparently

Clark attributed Lonie as helping him get the most out of himself.

Bombers sacked Dan Richardson ......get out the popcorn 🍿

Let me guess, he had a threatening conversation with Dodo, mentioning his horrible trading and his appalling draft record, and dodo rang up Campbell mentioning the incriminating photographs.

It doesn’t make any sense to me, with have a pocket full of cash and a first rounder.

Why are we after the 28 year old with injury and off-field problems, why not see if we can shake loose a better option.
Because he's a free agent - we need to retain our first rounder to use in the draft.

I like players who know their limits. Play to their strengths.

This was a weakness of Lonie and it appears to be a strength of Higgins. Footy smarts is a very underrated asset. Higgins has it in spades apparently
Disagree again… I think Lonie lacks pace for the role he is trying to play, but I would say his footy smarts are excellent, creates goals and often brings others into the game.

Not sure why we need to keep s**t-canning Lonie in relation to Higgins, he'll be taking Kent's role if he comes to us.

Actually there is a lot of belief that the next group have arrived from a leadership Point Of View.

The real leader is apparently Billings. His training standards are elite.
Membrey Steele and Dougal massive improvements to what we have had prior to this year.
Don’t forget Wilkie as well. Has leadership group written all over him

Treloar not crouch.
Oh that. Sorry the off-field comment confused me.

here's the thing - for me the main appeal to brad crouch is he can cost us nothing apart from money

BUT, if crows match, I want to drop him like a hot scone and move right on to Treloar and throw the sink at him. I think he's a better player than Crouch tbh and would feel more comfortable dealing with collingwood than adelaide.

Disagree again… I think Lonie lacks pace for the role he is trying to play, but I would say his footy smarts are excellent, creates goals and often brings others into the game.

Not sure why we need to keep sh*t-canning Lonie in relation to Higgins, he'll be taking Kent's role if he comes to us.
I'd be surprised if either Lonie or Kent are in our best 22 next year. Gresham, Billings and Steele should all go through the forwardline more next year. Butler and Higgins as the two more regular smalls with the mid/forwards rotating much more than they did this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back