Training 2021/22 Preseason Thread Lessssf*ngo

Remove this Banner Ad

Question: Is it acceptable to give my boys the day off school and pull a sickie myself to go watch training one day ?

I say yes.

Mrs HB not so enthusiastic about the idea.

At this time of year, they wouldn't be doing much at school - all their learning is done, end of year reports are also done. Yep, why not?

Reception can usually tell you what time they are going to train

Spoke to Aileen Gilroy in the Roo Shop, lovely young woman who clearly loves being at the club.

She checked the roster and told me the guys weren't on the track today and for some reason couldn't see anything in their schedule for next week either! (There's one for the conspiracy theorists out there).

She said it was probably all a secret plan to hide the number one draft pick.

I wasn't to fussed, was nice to be at the ground again....would've liked to see some more Puma gear in the Roos Shop, lots of old Canterbury stock on sale though including old team signed jumpers for $72.

Powell is a f*kn freak. Still the best kid to walk into our club since Jesse W.

Be interesting to see if JHF changes that.
I have no doubt that he will be our best midfielder. None.

JHF will be an impact player in the guts, LDU will be a powerful outlet and Phillips will be like a piston, going all day, making good decisions, hitting targets etc, but Powell will be the cream of that crop. Utter magician.

Simon Black MKII

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeze mate big call.

Cunners. Tarryn. LDU. Jy.

There's a bit of competition for that mantle.

Was more referring to immediate impact KC. Love those 4 & Powell may not end up as good as all of them by the end of his career, but he's the most advanced from day 1 IMO.

• Fordy and LMac found the time towards the end of the session to have a chat with a young north fan (decked out in his guernsey) who was collecting the balls that flew over the net from players taking shots at goal. Both gave him a little fist bump and I just thought that was a nice touch from both of them.

That was my son, he had the 40 on his back… haha
When I got home from work last night he was giving me a very detailed account of the whole day.

He will be back on Friday as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back