2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

I also cannot see Kangaroo Flat, Maryborough & Kyneton making the finals. Perhaps South Bendigo can be a contender. The same old issues with the BFNL remain year after year.
Spot on, i don't think the make up of the top 5 has changed since I first ventured over to Castlemaine in '14. Tbh i don't think the league really care, they're getting the glamor teams at the pointy end each season, seems the be enough for them

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

You'd think maiden gully ycw won't be long until they head to the bfl, and they either look north for teams like Echuca, Rochy, Kerang, cohuna or go south and go after Sunbury teams, I'm not sure how long Maine and Maryborough can continue

Need two or three new teams to shake it up. Huntly,Marong are growing areas. Get two divisions with promotion and relegation. It’s just all too predictable atm

You'd think maiden gully ycw won't be long until they head to the bfl, and they either look north for teams like Echuca, Rochy, Kerang, cohuna or go south and go after Sunbury teams, I'm not sure how long Maine and Maryborough can continue
I think we're all in agreement that the gap between the "haves" and " have nots" needs to be shortened. Maryborough just smacked Castlemaine by 15 goals, id be less worried if i was them.

Is crameri playing for Maryborough this year?
I see Maine only kicked 1 goal, how long before they move to the central highlands, unless Brodie filo puts his hand up and coach Maine, I can't see them been competitive in the future

I think we're all in agreement that the gap between the "haves" and " have nots" needs to be shortened. Maryborough just smacked Castlemaine by 15 goals, id be less worried if i was them.

I see Maine only kicked 1 goal, how long before they move to the central highlands, unless Brodie filo puts his hand up and coach Maine, I can't see them been competitive in the future
Its pretty grim at 'Maine trent. Had a look at the team list for today and tbh several players are ressies battlers at best.

There’s literally zero chance Brodie coaches, or even plays at Castlemaine. Hard to see them surviving in the BFNL for much longer though I agree. Which club to we think makes the most sense to replace them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The obvious one is maiden gully ycw, the other is Kerang, most of their juniors move south for uni and work opportunities, much like Colac when they moved from Hampden to the Geelong league, they are a strong club and would enjoy the move to a higher league to test themselves, the only problem is where do their juniors play

There’s literally zero chance Brodie coaches, or even plays at Castlemaine. Hard to see them surviving in the BFNL for much longer though I agree. Which club to we think makes the most sense to replace them?

The obvious one is maiden gully ycw, the other is Kerang, most of their juniors move south for uni and work opportunities, much like Colac when they moved from Hampden to the Geelong league, they are a strong club and would enjoy the move to a higher league to test themselves, the only problem is where do their juniors play

Colac have been a hugely successful club since moving into Geelong. When they first come across their junior sides still played in Colac but they’ve eventually moved into the Geelong league. Not sure if the distance between Kerang and Bendigo is equivalent to Colac to Geelong but maybe they’d move the juniors to a Bendigo comp as well?

Colac have been a hugely successful club since moving into Geelong. When they first come across their junior sides still played in Colac but they’ve eventually moved into the Geelong league. Not sure if the distance between Kerang and Bendigo is equivalent to Colac to Geelong but maybe they’d move the juniors to a Bendigo comp as well?

130 kms from Kerang to Bendigo.
70 kms from Colac to Geelong.

Big difference unfortunately

I did contemplate that after i posted it but still its not that far and the league might be able to help them by giving them a couple in a row at home at the halfway point or something like that
Yes. But it’s a one off.
Seymour and Euroa a tad shorter
But Rochy and Echuca don’t normally play all three over there in a season.

Kerang has to head to Bendigo every second week, just to start travelling to other teams

I think you would want to look after what you boys have now. The league must do everything in there power to help Castlemaine and Marybourgh and to a lesser extent Kyneton to get up the ladder. I’m notsure how if it’s money or help running there clubs but If you lose the 2 that have been mentioned what would gisborne be thinking? I’d say you would eventually lose gisborne to the Ballarat league and they were only a whisker off going previously. With Sunbury Melton and bacchus marsh all within half an hour and in that league they must fix there own backyard or it will become a much smaller comp.

Kerang to places like Gisborne, Kyneton and Maryborough wouldn't be too attractive I don't think. With Castlemaine their is the opportunity to go in the MCDFL and then create a Div 1 and Div 2 of that Competition. There would be a chance of another Club or two from the Central Highlands jumping over as well. Div 1 could have a higher Cap and the standard would be quite reasonable I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back