AFL 2021 Brownlow Medal (any results after no posting is automatic card)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most seem to have Oliver ahead, but I’m sure most think Bont will win and that’s fair.

I would call it a market with considerable risk, and I'll look elsewhere for value. Between Bulldogs and Melbourne, the Bulldogs have an easier draw but the game between the two in round 20 might be the difference.

If you are a Bont-backer you'd be happy with games against strugglers like North, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Hawthorn, fringe-team Essendon as well as the top eight clashes against Sydney, Port and Melbourne.

Parish did it all but win the game. Danger did slightly less, looked vintage doing it and won the game. I'm leaning towards Danger, Parish, Hawk.

What's the record of non medal winners getting the 3? Does it happen much?

Hi Dogs.

It does happen. Id take a guess it occurs like 20% of the time because I recheck my votes that I give pre-Brownlow to the actual votes each year and have seen it occur a few times. However recently, more often than not, the medal winners usually get the 3.

Last edited:
Hi Dogs.

It does happen. Id take a guess it occurs like 20% of the time because I recheck my votes that I give pre-Brownlow to the actual votes each year and have seen it occur a few times. However recently, more often than not, the medal winners usually get the 3.
Cheers for that. Will be interesting betting for the 3 in that game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Kelly (clear 3 at HT, faded a bit in 2nd half but no one else dominated enough to take it off him)
2. Taranto (big 2nd half)
1. Tracca (Even if he butchered it a few times, burst out of packs and took several strong marks to stand out)

Ward and Green were good, but slightly overhyped by commentators. Salem and those 2 guys the only other ones that could potentially poll.

1625304409881.png

Very very tough to leave McCarthy out, I actually think he will poll but Adams was huge. Lyons could easily get the 3 as well. Was shocked to see Laird with 37, thought he was more around the high 20s but he was not an influence in any way.

View attachment 1170082

Very very tough to leave McCarthy out, I actually think he will poll but Adams was huge. Lyons could easily get the 3 as well. Was shocked to see Laird with 37, thought he was more around the high 20s but he was not an influence in any way.

Why are you leaving him out if you think he will poll? Isn't the whole idea of doing this to keep track of who you think will poll

3.Bailey
2.Lyons
1.McCarthy
Then Laird and Robbo next best for me.

3 Wines
2 Dixon
1 Amon/Mitchell/DBJ

Cant decide in the 1. Maybe Mitchell for prior polling history and was in a lot in and under.

Wines was absolutely terrible with the ball but 43 touches in a win where no other player at all stood out he’ll probably still get the 3. 11 clangers though. 13 clearances. 23 contested and 14 more than anyone else on the ground.

Is Sam Walsh being underrated a bit around here?

I have him on 15 after the 3 yesterday. But I have 4 in the very low 20s. I've been on the Brownlow since 2008, we migrated off BF to a private forum for a few years and we hosted a few get togethers, general consensus from the group was that you need a good season before you win and/or media hype during the season (obviously this doesn't always apply). He will poll well, but I'm not hedging/worried about him winning.

Last edited:
I have him on 15 after the 3 yesterday. But I have 4 in the very low 20s. I've been on the Brownlow since 2008, we migrated off BF to a private forum for a few years and we hosted a few get togethers, general consensus from the group was that you need a good season before you win and media hype (a obviously this doesn't always apply).
Agree re a good season before. I would argue he had a much better season last year than parish, who seems to be highly rated in 2021.
3rd season in, Walsh could emulate Judd. Others would have to drop off a bit though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back