List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s way too early to call whether this draft is going to be a banger or not. The kids outside of Vic are pretty well known with only seeing how they go at champs determining where they rank (plus the colts etc have not long started). It’s the Vic kids that are going to be the ? . They are coming from no footy last year meaning they are basically a year behind the others in a development respect. The good Vic kids are already starting to make themselves known while I think it might take the others deeper into the year to show what they can do (the NAB league is still running and the APS season hasn’t even started yet plus champs).

Plus there are always one or two that have shown not much until they suddenly start flying up the draft boards (ie Oliver & Taranto).

Plenty of time left.

Everyone passed on him. Must be something behind the scenes going on because even if he's a man child he'd surely still be worth a rookie punt from someone.
He trained with Hawthorn too during the Supplemental selection period but they opted to go with other choices. Might just be one of those kids that does well at lower levels and struggles with AFL standard.

I would've thought he'd be worth the rookie punt too. Hawks do have a lot of young talls though, maybe they just chose to stick with them.

He trained with Hawthorn too during the Supplemental selection period but they opted to go with other choices. Might just be one of those kids that does well at lower levels and struggles with AFL standard.

I would've thought he'd be worth the rookie punt too. Hawks do have a lot of young talls though, maybe they just chose to stick with them.
True, but chucking him on a rookie contract for 3 years whilst he develops is not the worst thing to do. I mean we have done it for a while and found out Garth can't play. Should of taken his spot on the list from 2022 onwards.

Everyone passed on him. Must be something behind the scenes going on because even if he's a man child he'd surely still be worth a rookie punt from someone.
Could be something up between the ears. Having a year off footy may have shown his lack of maturity in training standards. He could end up as one of those kids who not getting drafted actually wakes them up and forces them to mature early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None that look like future Coleman medalists though , you’d think if he looked likely haw would have listed him

RICHMOND'S involvement in this year's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, having been the unequivocal winner of its reintroduction two seasons ago, is likely to hinge on the progress of ruckman Ivan Soldo in his return from a knee reconstruction.

The Tigers picked then 27-year-old Marlion Pickett in the mid-season intake in 2019, proving to be one of the all-time great draft choices as he went on to debut in that season's Toyota AFL Grand Final victory over Greater Western Sydney before becoming a two-time premiership player last year.

But the club at this point does not have a spot open for this year's mid-season rookie draft, which will be held after round 11 on June 2.

Could be something up between the ears. Having a year off footy may have shown his lack of maturity in training standards. He could end up as one of those kids who not getting drafted actually wakes them up and forces them to mature early
I reckon if he was remotely close to what we thought , he would be producing more promising form than 1goal a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back