Game Day 2021 Finals Matchday Supernova End of days thread

Who will you be barracking for in the grand final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Late 90’s/Early 2000’s they also had a period where they choked in the finals..

I swear I can still remember a finals game back then between port an i think the tigers where they were getting beaten and had no chance of coming back.. and when a power player took a mark in the dying minutes of the game the tigers player manning the mark
Had his hands around his own throat in a mock choking motion…
Wasn't that Mark shotgun Williams?

Wasn't that Mark shotgun Williams?
I had a look back into it..

It was 2001, 2002 and 2003

2001 port came 3rd after minor rounds but went out in straight sets

2002 port came 1st after minor rounds but lost their first game, won their second only to go out in the prelim

2003 the same.. came first.. lost first final.. won their second.. choked again in their third.. was against the pies so it mightve been a pies player that did the choke sign on the mark..

Three years in a row of chokes.. especially sinse they came top in two of them after the minor rounds.

Still.. they won it all in 2004.. hopefully thats not a sign!..

Nah… their list is just s**t now.. far different to the list they had back then.. the current list is massively overrated, soft in the head and just looks good because they continue to get the soft draws… downhill skiers.

2002 port came 1st after minor rounds but lost their first game, won their second only to go out in the prelim

2003 the same.. came first.. lost first final.. won their second.. choked again in their third.. was against the pies so it mightve been a pies player that did the choke sign on the mark..

Three years in a row of chokes.. especially sinse they came top in two of them after the minor rounds.

Nah… their list is just sh*t now.. far different to the list they had back then.. the current list is massively overrated, soft in the head and just looks good because they continue to get the soft draws… downhill skiers.

Plus, in 2004 they had Choco, who could actually coach

Now they’ve got Kenny who..you know..

Stolen from the Port board like a person from Alberton.:$

Stolen Facts with Grotto.

FR0GGY you may want to check for accuracy lol. As these are not mine. lol :D

From 1990 (predicting a Melbourne flag), converting top 2 finishes into Grand Finals and Premierships.

TeamFinish 1-2Grand Final%Prem%
Geelong12867%325%
Port Adelaide6233%117%
West Coast67117%467%
Brisbane Lions5480%360%
Adelaide4375%250%
Carlton4375%125%
Essendon4375%250%
Hawthorn46150%5125%
Collingwood35167%133%
North Melbourne33100%267%
Sydney36200%267%
Western Bulldogs3267%133%
St Kilda23150%00%
Fremantle11100%00%
Melbourne12200%1100%
Richmond13300%3300%

Chatting to a guy who works with an AFL club and he verified the six month clauses this arvo.

Most staff at all clubs have them on contracts signed during and after last year when COVID cost cutting hit.

However there is a protection. The person has to be 12 months into that contract before a club can utilise this clause

Ken's extension begins for season 2022, technically Nov 1. Up to Oct 31 2021 he was under his former contract. No 6 month clause

So they can't use that clause until the end of 2022 season. His full salary is guaranteed for season 2022.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Chatting to a guy who works with an AFL club and he verified the six month clauses this arvo.

Most staff at all clubs have them on contracts signed during and after last year when COVID cost cutting hit.

However there is a protection. The person has to be 12 months into that contract before a club can utilise this clause

Ken's extension begins for season 2022, technically Nov 1. Up to Oct 31 2021 he was under his former contract. No 6 month clause

So they can't use that clause until the end of 2022 season. His full salary is guaranteed for season 2022.

Couldnt they just pay him out using the funds acquired so far in their “Chasing Greatness Fund”??…

I mean… surely there’d be a few mill in that by now right?… them being the number 1 club in SA and all..

Couldnt they just pay him out using the funds acquired so far in their “Chasing Greatness Fund”??…

I mean… surely there’d be a few mill in that by now right?… them being the number 1 club in SA and all..
If they were the number one club a payout wouldn't be an issue.

We paid out Pyke. Wasn't that rumoured to be over $1m?

They'd probably have to pay out Ken's son, their football analyst as well.

Would get expensive, even for that massive "Chasing the Crows" fund they've got.

That's how comfortable he is over there though, Koch and Hinkley run that place now, it's their club.

Ken's not going anywhere.

Koch on the radio this morning:
- loss will galvanise us
- Kenny has the best home and away record over the past few seasons
- we finished 17-5 this season, which is a great achievement

They are in denial.

Loss will galvanize them??

By the time Ken’s finished they’ll be so galvanized they’ll be a stratco garage!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$162 000

That’s it. And unlikely to be burgeoning from here on!

I think Port will be around the mark next year again but I think they missed an opportunity in a softer year. Not that I dont rate the Bulldogs or Melbourne but at this point in time they are not dominant teams like the Hawks, Richmond or even West Coast and Sydney for a few years.

I think Port will be around ghe mark next year again but I think they missed an opportunity in a softer year. Not that I dont rate the Bulldogs or Melbourne but at this point in time they are not dominant teams like the Hawks, Richmond or even West and Sydney for a few years.
I think both Melbourne and the Bulldogs have lists capable of dominating the next few years. Way, way, way better than Ports list.

I think Port will be around the mark next year again but I think they missed an opportunity in a softer year. Not that I dont rate the Bulldogs or Melbourne but at this point in time they are not dominant teams like the Hawks, Richmond or even West Coast and Sydney for a few years.

I’m not so sure, both midfields are on paper up there with some of the very best ever. They could easily end up being dynasty teams.

Fiveaa again coming to Kenny’s defence tonight, saying regular Finals appearances and 2 x PFs in a row should be considered a success.

But I thought they existed to win flags??

Playing Port Adelaide way is beating up on Bottom 8 sides.

Its how they roll. Like street thugs.
So thats why they won so many premierships
They were in a 10 team league.
So by beating up on the bottom 8, they're almost always top 2.

Nah… their list is just sh*t now.. far different to the list they had back then.. the current list is massively overrated, soft in the head and just looks good because they continue to get the soft draws… downhill skiers.
We should have known after 2002 and 2003 that Essendon are no good in finals.

I think both Melbourne and the Bulldogs have lists capable of dominating the next few years. Way, way, way better than Ports list.
I’m not so sure, both midfields are on paper up there with some of the very best ever. They could easily end up being dynasty teams.
Agree with the Demons and Dogs have potential dynasty teams for a few years. Sydney could be a threat potentially too.

I agree with you, I meant more that once they have one they could win a few in a row. Sometimes it's easier to get them before they win one and get on a roll although it didn't work for us against Richmond.

Plus, in 2004 they had Choco, who could actually coach

With the list he had one premiership is the absolute minimum he should have so I’m not sure how highly he should be graded on that. He got the job done I suppose but could easily have had two or three with that list. The difference in quality between Brisbane and Port was negligible I reckon. History only rates Brisbane’s list higher because of the silverware.

Fiveaa again coming to Kenny’s defence tonight, saying regular Finals appearances and 2 x PFs in a row should be considered a success.

But I thought they existed to win flags??

What? They missed finals in 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019. So he has a 55% record of making finals.

He lost a Preliminary Final at home with everything, repeat everything in their favour.

How does the media not grill them?

Back