Game Day 2021 Finals Matchday Supernova End of days thread

Who will you be barracking for in the grand final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Port Board Member Cos Cardone is Jam TV CEO. Eddie McGuire's production company

They produce all Crocmedia content.

Including Five AA

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They only produce the Sports day show with Blight and Wildy and AFL Nation. They don't have any involvement in Rowey's show. That's all done from Fiveaa studios.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
I remember watching a couple of Showdowns last off season from the 199 to 2005 era.

Our two clubs should have won more than 3 flags between them from 1997 to 2006.

Both clubs stacked with talent.
It really should have been a decade of SA Greatness.

1997/98 Us
1999 North
2000 Essendon
2001 Brisbane
2002 Brisbane/Us
2003 Brisbane/Port
2004 Port
2005 Us
2006 Us

2012/16/17 Us

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Which would be borne out that they have won only 4 games against top 4 the past 5 years or so.

When they go thru a stretch like they did in 2010-2012, they may not make it out the other side.

That's probably the reason the AFL give them a soft draw each year, if they finish bottom four their bandwagon supporters jump off and they average 10k-15k crowds.

Plus by artificially inflating Ports finishing position it provides easy finals games for the Vic clubs without the worry of the premiership heading out of Victoria.

So whilst we find it frustrating they get an easy draw each year the puffers provide the chuckles come finals time and it has kept Kenny in his job a lot longer than he ever should have. Win win.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
That's probably the reason the AFL give them a soft draw each year, if they finish bottom four their bandwagon supporters jump off and they average 10k-15k crowds.

Plus by artificially inflating Ports finishing position it provides easy finals games for the Vic clubs without the worry of the premiership heading out of Victoria.

So whilst we find it frustrating they get an easy draw each year the puffers provide the chuckles come finals time and it has kept Kenny in his job a lot longer than he ever should have. Win win.
The AFL would be looking at ports 13million dollar debt and be terrified about it..

They have been making finals for the past couple of years, winning plenty of home and away season games, selling plenty of merch including a shiteload of PB jumpers last year plus NTUA scarfs and attracting supporters to the ground.. yet still fall further and further into debt..

Imagine how bad its gonna be when they tumble down the ladder.. and their supporters disapear back into the swamp and stop attending games and buying merch..

hope the tarps have been stored well… dont wanna be coughing up for a new set of those..

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
hold on!

you started saying we were as much to blame for Lever not staying.

twice now you’ve ducked the chance to clarify why you think that?

If you must know:

At the time I was angry with Lever.

However, looking back the way it was handled publicly was unprofessional on both sides. Given all that has gone on with other players leaving it would be naive to assume our list management didn’t handle it poorly internally. Again, I think both parties have to share some blame, and it’s water under the bridge for me, hence I have no problems if he wins a flag.

Besides, it was four years ago, I don’t think there’s much point discussing who was at fault.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFL would be looking at ports 13million dollar debt and be terrified about it..

They have been making finals for the past couple of years, winning plenty of home and away season games, selling plenty of merch including a shiteload of PB jumpers last year plus NTUA scarfs and attracting supporters to the ground.. yet still fall further and further into debt..

Imagine how bad its gonna be when they tumble down the ladder.. and their supporters disapear back into the swamp and stop attending games and buying merch..

hope the tarps have been stored well… dont wanna be coughing up for a new set of those..

Last year was their best chance to have a big pay day - 15 000 year anniversary, finish top, box seat to get into a GF and win a flag. Imagine the merch they could have sold on top of that - a flag in an anniversary year. Prison bar tops all round!

And they blew it. Blew the biggest chance they had to make some big bucks.

Now the debacle this year. This will push them backwards financially. People cancelling memberships. Harder to sell memberships, merch and sponsorships. Only $162k raised of their $13m target, which no one will get on board with now.

They are in massive debt and seem to have few options to work their way out of it. Not even China could save them now, if it ever could.

I must be getting old - I actually feel sorry for their genuine supporters and the kids who follow them. Very frustrating to have your hard earned money and support blown on Clueless Kenny.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry if already posted, but some pretty interesting stats about Melbourne and the Bulldogs this year:
First teams in a GF in 50 years to both have zero 200 game players
Spent 16 weeks as the top 2 sides during the regular season, the most ever by the same two teams
Largest ever aggregate winning margin in prelim finals

These two were the best teams all year and are clearly very deserving GF sides.

Sorry if already posted, but some pretty interesting stats about Melbourne and the Bulldogs this year:
Spent 16 weeks as the top 2 sides during the regular season, the most ever by the same two teams

Looks like experience is overrated, but quality and class is not

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks like experience is overrated, but quality and class is not
I guess Gawn would probably be at 200 games if not for early injuries, but yes largely agree with that. How well has the experience thing gone for Geelong? It sounds like Geelong will go down the same path again next year, hard to see how it will be successful against teams like Melbourne or the Bulldogs when it matters most.

I guess Gawn would probably be at 200 games if not for early injuries, but yes largely agree with that. How well has the experience thing gone for Geelong? It sounds like Geelong will go down the same path again next year, hard to see how it will be successful against teams like Melbourne or the Bulldogs when it matters most.

You could also argue how well has accruing quality and talent gone for Geelong as well.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Very interesting. I’m looking forward to what will hopefully be a full on grand final, not the one sided crap we’ve had a few times lately. Could be a beauty.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you must know:

At the time I was angry with Lever.

However, looking back the way it was handled publicly was unprofessional on both sides. Given all that has gone on with other players leaving it would be naive to assume our list management didn’t handle it poorly internally. Again, I think both parties have to share some blame, and it’s water under the bridge for me, hence I have no problems if he wins a flag.

Besides, it was four years ago, I don’t think there’s much point discussing who was at fault.

that’s not even an opinion it’s so wishy washy.

there was nothing unprofessional in how it was handled publicly, you’re just making s**t up now

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
You could also argue how well has accruing quality and talent gone for Geelong as well.
The last time they hit the early rounds of the draft hard with a focus on youth was the early 2000s, just before their 3 flags. Since trying to recapture that by topping up with the experience, it’s just many failed finals campaigns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last time they hit the early rounds of the draft hard with a focus on youth was the early 2000s, just before their 3 flags. Since trying to recapture that by topping up with the experience, it’s just many failed finals campaigns.

Geelong?

This is a team who has boasted multiple superstar talents in the last decade. Dangerfield, Hawkins, Selwood, Kelly and now Jeremy Cameron. It also is a list that bat deep and has for the last decade. They're not a North Melbourne/Port who are cosplaying being in a premiership window, their list had/has been the real deal.

If your answer to why Melbourne/Dogs are in the grand final is "oh they have talent and class", you have just taken a very lazy route to get there.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
because you stated as fact something that was, ahem, not considered fact

it was pretty ******* normal to find out if you knew something.

Turns out you didn’t have anything and were just making crap up.

It’s an Internet forum, and someone asked my opinion on a specific player, and I gave it. That’s hardly presenting things as fact, if you’re taking anything posted on here as 100% factual then you need to reconsider things.

For the record, my OPINION (in the original post I used the phrase “for mine”, clearly indicating that what I said was a personal opinion) is that it seems clear that we did not handle the situation brilliantly. I base that on the reports we tried to significantly low ball him, as well as Tex’s comments at the time which I consider to be unprofessional. The relationship obviously soured very quickly there, given our track record in that period of poorly managing contract negotiations, as well as how we let the culture of the club fester not long after, my feeling is that we did some things wrong just as Jake did. As I said, it’s four years ago, the club has had a significant clean out since and I think it’s water under the bridge. As a result I would have no problems seeing him win a premiership medal, and I’ll be cheering for them to win as I would like to see both one of my favourite AFL players (Gawn) and a legend of our club (Goodwin) win a flag.

Clearly you still dislike Lever and that’s cool, I have no issue with any supporter who feels that way.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

There has been a fair gap between these two sides and the rest for most ofnthe season. Doggies had a form slump late. But back in form now.

I think this GF will be an absolute ripper.

There has been a fair gap between these two sides and the rest for most ofnthe season. Doggies had a form slump late. But back in form now.

I think this GF will be an absolute ripper.

Controversially here. I dont think they may have had a form slump.

Its well known some coaches up their training sessions a month or so out of finals to improve September performances at the detriment of dropping a H&A game. (I know they did lose their last 3)

Will be interesting if this is raised during the next week or post grand final.

Time will tell.

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very interesting. I’m looking forward to what will hopefully be a full on grand final, not the one sided crap we’ve had a few times lately. Could be a beauty.
Historically in GF's its nearly a 1:1 ratio between expectation and disappointment.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

Its well known some coaches up their training sessions a month or so out of finals to improve September performances at the detriment of dropping a H&A game. (I know they did lose their last 3)

Time will tell.
They usually do it around 6-8 weeks out, not right on the finals door-step

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Time will tell.
Same result though. Slipped out of the four.

They have been pretty good in their three Finals though.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Last year was their best chance to have a big pay day - 15 000 year anniversary, finish top, box seat to get into a GF and win a flag. Imagine the merch they could have sold on top of that - a flag in an anniversary year. Prison bar tops all round!

And they blew it. Blew the biggest chance they had to make some big bucks.

Now the debacle this year. This will push them backwards financially. People cancelling memberships. Harder to sell memberships, merch and sponsorships. Only $162k raised of their $13m target, which no one will get on board with now.

They are in massive debt and seem to have few options to work their way out of it. Not even China could save them now, if it ever could.

I must be getting old - I actually feel sorry for their genuine supporters and the kids who follow them. Very frustrating to have your hard earned money and support blown on Clueless Kenny.
Laughed my arse off when I saw on the Port board one of them claiming that they have been incredibly unlucky as Covid hit "just as we were about to see the money flowing in from China". They really believed it. Hilarious. The amount of BS they happily swallow is astonishing.

Laughed my arse off when I saw on the Port board one of them claiming that they have been incredibly unlucky as Covid hit "just as we were about to see the money flowing in from China". They really believed it. Hilarious. The amount of BS they happily swallow is astonishing.

There is some absolute gems on their board, #portlogic is a real thing over there.

Back