Game Day 2021 Finals Matchday Supernova End of days thread

Who will you be barracking for in the grand final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
So for 2022, which of this years top 8 are likely to dropout?

Possibly none. Geelong might if the cliff is close. Port is a possibility with its ageing profile of its stars and a tougher fixture.

But who would replace? Both West Coast and Richmond are ageing. The rest you just wouldn’t trust.

The fixture will be paramount as it always is.

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Possibly none. Geelong might if the cliff is close. Port is a possibility with its ageing profile of its stars and a tougher fixture.

But who would replace? Both West Coast and Richmond are ageing. The rest you just wouldn’t trust.

It’s never none, and more often than not a top 4 team drops out of the 8

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

Essendon could easily slip, I expect them to still improve but it’s highly unlikely 11 wins will get it done again next season so they could have a better year and still not make it.

Freo and St Kilda are two sides I could see pushing back into the eight.

Freo are building nicely, though Cerra is a big loss.

St Kilda completely botched their pre-season, which meant they never really got going. I expect they will bounce back into the bottom part of the top eight.

Whoever says a week in footy is long, was right. This time last week, Port and their fans were booking flights to Perth.:D

Not to mention this week it would be only Week 1 of the two week wankfest of Port had they not choked and made the Grand Final.:think:

beartoo

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
And who the * would want to be associated with China now?
Laughed my arse off when I saw on the Port board one of them claiming that they have been incredibly unlucky as Covid hit "just as we were about to see the money flowing in from China". They really believed it. Hilarious. The amount of BS they happily swallow is astonishing.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately it will be hard to reach the peak happiness of this thread which happened inside the first 10 minutes of last Saturday night and given no games this week, lets have our own game this week? :drunk:

There is 5 stages of Grief: denial,anger,bargaining,depression,acceptance.

Which stage is Port and its supporters are at? Are they at the same stage?

ctvnbandch951.jpg

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Freo and St Kilda are two sides I could see pushing back into the eight.

Freo are building nicely, though Cerra is a big loss.

St Kilda completely botched their pre-season, which meant they never really got going. I expect they will bounce back into the bottom part of the top eight.
I think Geelong, Powaa, Gws, West coast, Richmond could all decline. I think the big improvers will be Fremantle, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hawthorn.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry if already posted, but some pretty interesting stats about Melbourne and the Bulldogs this year:
First teams in a GF in 50 years to both have zero 200 game players
Spent 16 weeks as the top 2 sides during the regular season, the most ever by the same two teams
Largest ever aggregate winning margin in prelim finals

These two were the best teams all year and are clearly very deserving GF sides.
This is what makes the fixture an infuriating interference with the natural order of things. It gifts imposters like Port, in this season's case, a silly chance to play a couple of out-of-skin games that might just 'fluke' a flag. The ol' 'anything can happen' really does come into play. Give a sucker an even break...

Fortunately the right teams found their right form at the important time. Charlatans Geelong and Port were clearly exposed but only at the very end.

This is what makes the fixture an infuriating interference with the natural order of things. It gifts imposters like Port, in this season's case, a silly chance to play a couple of out-of-skin games that might just 'fluke' a flag. The ol' 'anything can happen' really does come into play. Give a sucker an even break...

Fortunately the right teams found their right form at the important time. Charlatans Geelong and Port were clearly exposed but only at the very end.

Under the right scenarios, ie sliding doors moment, Port could have easily landed in a Grand Final by playing a soft Prelim finalist. In a grand final all you need is to lose a couple of players early to injury and then the bad luck can really develop momentum.

Starting with Gawn missing that final shot at goal and the Cats being minor premiers.

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry if already posted, but some pretty interesting stats about Melbourne and the Bulldogs this year:
Spent 16 weeks as the top 2 sides during the regular season, the most ever by the same two teams

Hmm experience isn't everything...someone tell the AFC.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

Are you telling me that teams made a grand final WITHOUT a Mackay style 250 game player??

How? Experience is everything. Who will show them how to train well? Who will explain the running patterns? It's absurd!

These clubs clearly don't understand how football works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Are you telling me that teams made a grand final WITHOUT a Mackay style 250 game player??

How? Experience is everything. Who will show them how to train well? Who will explain the running patterns? It's absurd!

These clubs clearly don't understand how football works.
It's the first time it's happened in 50 years, so it's the exception rather than the rule

A lot has changed since then.

Smart Phones and Social Media
The ability of phones today to take decent photos/video compared to 2000, was the game changer.

As the quality of phones improved since 2000, so has the scandals.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
A lot has changed since then.

Smart Phones and Social Media
Yes, and no.

That just makes it easier for the coach to find out about what's going on. However, if what they're doing isn't attracting public interest (even with phones & social media), then it's probably not going to be an issue.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The ability of phones today to take decent photos/video compared to 2000, was the game changer.

As the quality of phones improved since 2000, so has the scandals.
And the tabloid media/public appetite for it.

Look at the Dawson decision. Not a scandal, but people hanging for every morsel of information. Checking for every media hack's guess (or bait from here) for reassurance he will come here.

Kinda pathetic when u take a step back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

And the tabloid media/public appetite for it.

Look at the Dawson decision. Not a scandal, but people hanging for every morsel of information. Checking for every media hack's guess (or bait from here) for reassurance he will come here.

Kinda pathetic when u take a step back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Mind you players today also IMO place themselves in vulnerable situations by getting on social media.

In regards to Dawson, the only info I care about is if he signs with us, outside that I dont really care where he had lunch today or dinner tonight.

Back