2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't that been the story of testing for the last two or three years? I'll only believe its true if they struggle in the first race
Last year they dominated, I am fully in the they are foxing camp though.

This year more so then any other being at the same track as the 1st race they will have wanted to hold back, don't want your opposition knowing how high to aim or what parts to copy until the season is under way.

Right now the performance of that Merc floor is questionable, if they come out and dominated testing everyones copying it and rushing development, they perhaps buy themselves an extra race weekend by performing poorly before everyone else adjusts.

Last year they dominated, I am fully in the they are foxing camp though.

This year more so then any other being at the same track as the 1st race they will have wanted to hold back, don't want your opposition knowing how high to aim or what parts to copy until the season is under way.

Right now the performance of that Merc floor is questionable, if they come out and dominated testing everyones copying it and rushing development, they perhaps buy themselves an extra race weekend by performing poorly before everyone else adjusts.
Last year was a procession during testing, with Mercedes driving around on the medium tyre most of the time. I note they even used the C5 tyre in the final session with Verstappen over a second quicker on the C4 tyre.

I'll admit that testing is unlikely to be a guide for the season, but Mercedes are off to a slow start this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes lock out the grid in 2 weeks though....

Last year was a procession during testing, with Mercedes driving around on the medium tyre most of the time. I note they even used the C5 tyre in the final session with Verstappen over a second quicker on the C4 tyre.

I'll admit that testing is unlikely to be a guide for the season, but Mercedes are off to a slow start this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes lock out the grid in 2 weeks though....
Have to factor in pole was a 1:27.2 3-4 months ago and if you compare each teams time to those times:

- Tsunoda was only 6 tenths of afla tauri's best time
- Russell 8 tenths off
- Kimi was actually quicker then his qually last year
- Sainz was 4-5 tenths off ferrari's best

Then you have the mercs, 2.8 down, red bull 1.3, Alpine 1.9, Mclaren 1.6, Aston Martin 2.1.

Only thing I am taking for sure is the top teams from last year are holding back still and Haas are going to replace Williams at the bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to factor in pole was a 1:27.2 3-4 months ago and if you compare each teams time to those times:

- Tsunoda was only 6 tenths of afla tauri's best time
- Russell 8 tenths off
- Kimi was actually quicker then his qually last year
- Sainz was 4-5 tenths off ferrari's best

Then you have the mercs, 2.8 down, red bull 1.3, Alpine 1.9, Mclaren 1.6, Aston Martin 2.1.

Only thing I am taking for sure is the top teams from last year are holding back still and Haas are going to replace Williams at the bottom.
I think you’re pretty much on the mark. Haas have already stated that development of this year’s car is going to take a back seat to development of the 2022 car. The battle at the back between Latifi and Mazepin could be a highlight. 😉😉

Red Bull ( Verstappen ) got closer to Mercedes in the second half of the year and were often only 8 to 10 seconds off the pace - If they can transfer their practice form into the regular season then they'll push Mercedes.

Red Bull ( Verstappen ) got closer to Mercedes in the second half of the year and were often only 8 to 10 seconds off the pace - If they can transfer their practice form into the regular season then they'll push Mercedes.
You would be a little concerned if you were Perez, 1.2 seconds back from Max although it was a daytime run.

You would be a little concerned if you were Perez, 1.2 seconds back from Max although it was a daytime run.

The aim for Perez is to finish within 5 to 10 seconds of Verstappen, which then gives Red Bull options in a race - Albon and Gasly struggled to finish within 30 seconds of Max - At least with Mercedes, Bottas can often finish within 10 seconds of Hamilton which helps make a dual-pronged attack.

I have to out myself to this part of the bf motor board.

I often thought it was bs that there was such a low number of “F1 focussed” fans that participated in threads of other series here.

But I was at the TCR round at PI on the weekend, and a fact came up in conversation with one of the guys I always see at race tracks.

When I thought about it, it kind of exonerated in my mind fans who are interested in F1, but not real other racing (Particularly Australian domestic racing).

This is the fact...

The F1 safety car can produce significantly quicker lap times in the rain than a Supercar can on the same track in bone dry conditions!

This looks very similar to Hanoi. Can't see much room for overtaking either
I dont see any overtaking possibilities. Looks like we could have an option for worst track. Sochi might move up a spot to second worse

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back