2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Sausages curbs caused another driver to go airborne at Monza on the weekend in the F3 European Regionals...they really should be replaced with gravel runoffs.
Doesn't appear there were any serious injuries

Last edited:

Sausages curbs caused another driver to go airborne at Monza on the weekend in the F3 European Regionals...they really should be replaced with gravel runoffs.
Doesn't appear there were any serious injuries

Would've prevented the Verstappen/Hamilton thing at Monza.

F2 is clogged as it is. Roy Nissany should have gone long ago, finishing his 3rd season. Aitken is the same age and in his 4th season. Deledda couldn't podiuym in F3 Asia.
As I said, F2-3 are amateur classes. Even though they're not presented as amateurs.

The only problem with F3 and F2 is the cost to get a drive in either category, if there was one thing the governing body should be doing its allocating some of that cash so we don't lose potentially more talented drivers for billionaire's kids.

2.5mil a seat in F2 (22 seats), 1.25mil a seat in F3 (30 seats) so 82.5mil all up, if they could cover that fee its conceivable Mazepin and Latifi dont even get to F2.
Throwing money down the drain. Mid-low level single seaters are a sellers market. Everything gets jacked up.

Toto giving HAM permission to crash into Max again? 😅😅

View attachment 1272464
Id be interested in the context around how that statement came to be (i.e. was he directly asked about the possibility of a repeat of Senna-Prost), but it feels more like the planting of a seed of a thought to suggest intentionality by Max should there be a crash in the future than suggesting that Lewis might do something

Id be interested in the context around how that statement came to be (i.e. was he directly asked about the possibility of a repeat of Senna-Prost), but it feels more like the planting of a seed of a thought to suggest intentionality by Max should there be a crash in the future than suggesting that Lewis might do something

Found the rest of the article, it appear that MERC are having another swipe at Max (pun intended :sweatsmile:) when you include his following quote:

"What happened in Monza? Verstappen took Lewis out because he was about to overtake and he was quicker. And that is totally understandable. If you are racing for the championship and you see it fading away because the other guy is overtaking you, what tool have you got other than the one that makes sure he can't overtake?

Found the rest of the article, it appear it was a swipe at Max (something MERC have history of doing it seems :sweatsmile:) when you include his following quote:

Ironic considering the reasoning given for Hamilton's actions at Silverstone (i.e. needing to attempt an overtake then that was never on because otherwise he would never have another chance because they thought Max would drive away into the distance given the speed difference between the two at that track)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First look at the Jeddah Circuit. Have to watch on YouTube.

Yeah, looks nowhere near ready...imagine how hard those slaves are going to have to work over the next 4 weeks to get it up to standard!

Did lol at this comment on the F1 FB page:

Question for you, F1: how much does the blood of the slaves who worked on the construction of the circuit contribute to the tarmac's grip?

I do quite like that banked corner though!

First look at the Jeddah Circuit. Have to watch on YouTube.

They’ve learnt nothing.
The best races over the last few years have been on tracks with close barriers or gravel run offs.
This place looks like it is built to keep the cars on tarmac. Even when the driver stuffs up and runs off track.
Boring, boring, can I say again….. boring!

They’ve learnt nothing.
The best races over the last few years have been on tracks with close barriers or gravel run offs.
This place looks like it is built to keep the cars on tarmac. Even when the driver stuffs up and runs off track.
Boring, boring, can I say again….. boring!
I don't think you can run off track there, looks like a baku setup except instead of 90 degree turns its silverstone sector 2 turns.

Should be a good track for mclaren at least.

Just some topics I'd like to address that I hadn't before.

1) Lando Norris.

Now I can understand his popularity here (and elsewhere), and you presume he'll get a fair share of wins in his career. But none of you can wish great success on him until Daniel Ricciardo established himself as no1 in the team and preferably wins the WC.

You cannot underestimate the psychological/political impact current results/behaviour has in the future while they're teammates. It definitely can impact how the team conducts itself to the benefit of one driver or another in the future.

Ricciardo has been hammered this season. It's fine now because Mclaren is the 3rd/4th best team and it doesn't really cost long term if they miss out on 3rd to Ferrari, while they're still striving to be the best.

But if the current form had continued, and Mclaren were to elevate themselves the best team or a serious championship contender, then what's occurred this year would be s**t news for us Ricciardo fans, as Norris would absolutely be favoured (Hamilton style) were the current for to continue.

That win at Monza was an ace in the pack for Ricciardo. Sure he's been pummelled this season. But on a more even footing, it was he that got the win for Mclaren. Make no mistake that it's a big deal. It highlights quality/character to me that cannot be underestimated.

From what I interpreted of Norris, I think he was bothered a bit by Ricciardo winning, and I'm 99% confident that winning played a part in ******* up in Russia. If he had won at Monza and was leading like he was at Russia, I think he'd have settled a bit with a win under his belt and been a bit more conservative when the rain came (And probably would've won! It would've been two in a row!)

But instead, he ****** up and Ricciardo finished ahead of him. All those things count.

So I'm just saying, any opportunity to kick Norris's head in should be taken.

Just some topics I'd like to address that I hadn't before.

1) Lando Norris.

Now I can understand his popularity here (and elsewhere), and you presume he'll get a fair share of wins in his career. But none of you can wish great success on him until Daniel Ricciardo established himself as no1 in the team and preferably wins the WC.

You cannot underestimate the psychological/political impact current results/behaviour has in the future while they're teammates. It definitely can impact how the team conducts itself to the benefit of one driver or another in the future.

Ricciardo has been hammered this season. It's fine now because Mclaren is the 3rd/4th best team and it doesn't really cost long term if they miss out on 3rd to Ferrari, while they're still striving to be the best.

But if the current form had continued, and Mclaren were to elevate themselves the best team or a serious championship contender, then what's occurred this year would be sh*t news for us Ricciardo fans, as Norris would absolutely be favoured (Hamilton style) were the current for to continue.

That win at Monza was an ace in the pack for Ricciardo. Sure he's been pummelled this season. But on a more even footing, it was he that got the win for Mclaren. Make no mistake that it's a big deal. It highlights quality/character to me that cannot be underestimated.

From what I interpreted of Norris, I think he was bothered a bit by Ricciardo winning, and I'm 99% confident that winning played a part in ******* up in Russia. If he had won at Monza and was leading like he was at Russia, I think he'd have settled a bit with a win under his belt and been a bit more conservative when the rain came (And probably would've won! It would've been two in a row!)

But instead, he ****** up and Ricciardo finished ahead of him. All those things count.

So I'm just saying, any opportunity to kick Norris's head in should be taken.
Be a fan of the sport, not a cheerleader for one driver because he's from the same country.

Lando is a great driver, and terrific for F1. I hope that both he and Daniel can bridge the gap to RBR and Mercedes together.

Lando not so keen to do the team things in FP1 when asked to tow ADR..

sounded petulant really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back