2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Canada was cancelled because of the 14 day quarantine period which doesn't work for professional sport - The Australian F! was organised for November on the basis that OZ would have finished their quarantine program in October - Supposedly the OZ F1 race was to have a soft quarantine - Lets see what happens.

Canada was cancelled because of the 14 day quarantine period which doesn't work for professional sport - The Australian F! was organised for November on the basis that OZ would have finished their quarantine program in October - Supposedly the OZ F1 race was to have a soft quarantine - Lets see what happens.
you would have to say that as things are panning out we are in good shape in world terms. 2 back-to-back gp's i reckon.

Sport can't be both ?
Is it sport when it crosses that line?
I don’t deny that there is entertainment value in any sport. But can sport still be sport when such manipulation of the event takes place? Can you still call F1 sport when each event is so different? When the rules and format change week to week?
Could you say AFL is still a sport if push in the back was a penalty every round of the year except round 5, 11 and 23?

Qualifying has changed format numerous times over the years. Not to mention the approach they are considering (sprint race) is not some left field idea foreign to other forms of motorsport.

I must admit I actually liked the idea presented in that video about each circuit being able to adopt a different qualifying method. With 20+ circuits on the calendar and some of them being a bit "meh" it would be a way to make races feel a little different. Not the mention the main aim here is to replace FP1, FP2 and FP3 with something a little more interesting. I doubt that this change will shake up the Sunday results, but it will make all 3 days of the Grand Prix a must watch.

Also lets not act like F1 is this sacred tradition that remains untouched. The car regulations and tyres change every few years, we used to have refuelling and the idea of a virtual safety car didn't exist up until a couple of years ago.

The decision on the Brazil race will have a determination in the Australian race.

Qualifying has changed format numerous times over the years.
Yeah, to keep the attention of inherently disinterested fans. They all eventually fail.

Not to mention the approach they are considering (sprint race) is not some left field idea foreign to other forms of motorsport.
Yep, all the lame and/or amateur series.

I must admit I actually liked the idea presented in that video about each circuit being able to adopt a different qualifying method. With 20+ circuits on the calendar and some of them being a bit "meh"
Modern day F1 fan. Has to be constantly stimulated.

it would be a way to make races feel a little different. Not the mention the main aim here is to replace FP1, FP2 and FP3 with something a little more interesting.
Practice is not meant to be interesting.

I doubt that this change will shake up the Sunday results, but it will make all 3 days of the Grand Prix a must watch.
No it won't It will just temporarily hold the attention of perpetually bored fans for a a little longer before further dumb ideas get thought of.

"I know, they should allocate points for FP1, and FP2 should be a reverse grid race!"

Also lets not act like F1 is this sacred tradition that remains untouched.
No, but for the integrity of the WC and historical links which make it great, then yes.

The car regulations and tyres change every few years,
That's actually what's supposed to happen.

we used to have refuelling
Yep, and it completely distorted the races for the worse.

and the idea of a virtual safety car didn't exist up until a couple of years ago.
VSC is an addition that allows a safer resolution of any trouble while not completely distorting the merit of races, like a full SC always does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Qualifying has changed format numerous times over the years. Not to mention the approach they are considering (sprint race) is not some left field idea foreign to other forms of motorsport.

I must admit I actually liked the idea presented in that video about each circuit being able to adopt a different qualifying method. With 20+ circuits on the calendar and some of them being a bit "meh" it would be a way to make races feel a little different. Not the mention the main aim here is to replace FP1, FP2 and FP3 with something a little more interesting. I doubt that this change will shake up the Sunday results, but it will make all 3 days of the Grand Prix a must watch.

Also lets not act like F1 is this sacred tradition that remains untouched. The car regulations and tyres change every few years, we used to have refuelling and the idea of a virtual safety car didn't exist up until a couple of years ago.

If they introduce fan-voted power boosts (Formula E) I'm out, until then we'll see.

If they introduce fan-voted power boosts (Formula E) I'm out, until then we'll see.
Only two things that stop me liking that series fan vote and the extra power thing everyone must use on certain corners.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mercedes and Red Bull appear evenly matched after Practice 1 and 2 - It could be the case of eking out everything in the cars during qualifying and of course some good race day craft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back