Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How come? Worst case scenario he should play round 23 based on the latest injury update.
Yep he has to be a chance for finals. Listed as 2-4 weeks away on the latest injury update. 4 weeks until the end of the Home and Away season and according to the injury list he should be available for selection heading into the pre finals bye if not sooner.

I'm really hoping Adams and/or Gardiner can get back in but in view of Gardiner's history with his shoulder and Adams with his foot I think we're clutching at straws to think either could be at near their best and fit given we're only 5-6 weeks out.

Just trying to be realistic and I have no idea we're they're at presently. Both fit would be mammoth inclusions for us.

Gardiner has said himself that there’s a pretty structured and set timeframe for his rehab. If he achieves the markers, he will be fit to play very late in the regular season. He may not be at his best given time out of the game but as long as he’s physically right, he’s probably going to be a better option than Payne.

Gardiner has said himself that there’s a pretty structured and set timeframe for his rehab. If he achieves the markers, he will be fit to play very late in the regular season. He may not be at his best given time out of the game but as long as he’s physically right, he’s probably going to be a better option than Payne.
It would be great if Gardiner is fit and available for round 22 or 23
He helps our structure greatly
Win/Loss record the last 2 years including finals with Gardiner playing 20 wins to 4 losses

I still believe Gardiners absence in the Prelim last year was a big reason we were well below our previous good form
Overall a lot of players did not perform that day so that did not help
The coaches knew Gardiner would probably miss the game and that Payne would play
Yet for some reason Payne did not just step in and take Gardiners role and do the best he could
Instead we had Rich, Lester & Andrews all taking slightly different roles than they played leading up to the game
Rich (who played okay overall) went to Dahlhous initially but then went to Ablett when he came on the ground. Changed later but too late.
Lester who had been taken great intercepting marks and generally playing well in the later part of season went to Dangerfield. Reports later suggested that was to be Gardiners initial matchup. According to Fagan Lester did a good job on Dangerfield who had 17 disposals but zero goals. That is true but Lester was absent in what he was doing in the previous leadup games.
Payne ended up on Rohan who only had 11 disposals but 3 goals 1 behind
Andrew went to Hawkins 2 goals 3 behinds but he seamed to be trying to cover for Payne at times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back