Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Big 4 teams aren’t going to wear clash guernseys against each other it would be cool if Essendon wore red shorts in away games against Collingwood and Carlton and same with Richmond. Obviously the clash is better but this would work better than white shorts. AFL wouldn’t allow it though

I just found the constituion and this is the line
"The uniform for the AFL Premiership Season must consist of a black jumper or guernsey with a red sash, red and black socks and white or black shorts. Such uniform must be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of the AFL. "
By wearing the red jumper/guernsey, they're already skirting around their own rules! The black shorts with your kit would work too :)
wow so it straight up says red sash on a black jumper, not sure why they haven't done the inverse yet. Especially given that jumpers are no longer really sacrosanct as they once were, doesn't really make sense to hold on to it anymore. Although, I somewhat recall Essendon having a direct inverse as a clash for their VFL side but I cannot find any images of it. Might be one of those fake memory things that feels more real than they are.

Random question; how do Essendon fans feel about the red sash on red jersey that the Dons wear? I think the weird shadowing ruins the look and would much prefer some of the amazing from footy to futbol designs in its place.

i.e. cannavo's design but maybe with black shorts
View attachment 955111
bit like the portland trailblazers statement jersey from a year or two back, love that design and could look alright for the dons.

I actually like the Essendon clash jumper, I think the drop shadow (unintentionally I’m sure) harks back to the days when Essendon first wore a sash, which was an actual sash over a navy (and then black) jumper, mimicking the effect wearing a sash over a jumper would give.

I actually like the Essendon clash jumper, I think the drop shadow (unintentionally I’m sure) harks back to the days when Essendon first wore a sash, which was an actual sash over a navy (and then black) jumper, mimicking the effect wearing a sash over a jumper would give.
Fair enough, i just think they could make a mean looking strip for away, giving that they're the only pure black and red team.

Here's an example of Norways new strip, imagine the Bombers with all red and a black sash. It would look mint!
1599451057366.png

Here's an example of Norways new strip, imagine the Bombers with all red and a black sash. It would look mint!
Not really relevant, but that’s surely not their new one is it? Ødegaard looks about 12 in that pic.

I just found the constituion and this is the line
"The uniform for the AFL Premiership Season must consist of a black jumper or guernsey with a red sash, red and black socks and white or black shorts. Such uniform must be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of the AFL. "
By wearing the red jumper/guernsey, they're already skirting around their own rules! The black shorts with your kit would work too :)

When was this drawn up .... they wore red shorts 1975-82

(Log in to remove this ad.)

xUR872q.png

CXrobtI.png

h5IDG7L.png

ZqpIRxL.png

IaL4vQQ.png

ugHXRfx.png

Gz2VWl3.png

mleQUZm.png

Fair enough, i just think they could make a mean looking strip for away, giving that they're the only pure black and red team.

View attachment 955247
Would love to see that as a West Perth supporters tee

So i was at the Lions v Suns game last night (suns in their blue clash) and i had to double take because it looked like the back of the jersey on some Suns players ended in a "v" shape at the bottom of their jersey. It must have been the way they had it tucked/jersey was sitting, but what are thoughts on a slightly different shape? I think it would look nifty.

Edit: For context it was something similar to Izak initiating blur mode in the foreground in this shot, i was in the stands so from far away it looked like the rear of their jersey looked different.

1599707226149.png

I believe it's something in their clubs constitution that states that the jumper must be a red sash. That's why we got that awful grey clash a few years ago and that's why their current clash sets don't have a black sash because technically it is a red sash on a red jumper.

As above - all the constitution actually says is we’ll wear black with a red sash unless directed not to. So it’ll be the home jumper but there’s nothing stopping there being a completely different away jumper.

I like the fact they stick with the red sash. It’s one symbol that’s been with the club almost from the start. I don’t mind the red on red, and I reckon red on white would look good too.

Just not silver.

As above - all the constitution actually says is we’ll wear black with a red sash unless directed not to. So it’ll be the home jumper but there’s nothing stopping there being a completely different away jumper.

I like the fact they stick with the red sash. It’s one symbol that’s been with the club almost from the start. I don’t mind the red on red, and I reckon red on white would look good too.

Just not silver.
Yeah I much prefer the red sash on the red too, although im not huge on the gradient lining around it, I think the 2017 version was the best Essendon clash.

Does anybody think A carlton clash with this logo could work? I think an all white Guernsey with Navy logo, navy collar and paneling and navy strips on sides with Navy numbers could work.
1085b4e1f36db69c8097c40e275cb943.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the carlton home kit is classic (and the pic you posted looks awesome too), but i really have nothing fantastic to say about their white jersey. I never feel like it's a complete kit or a unique design - there is just something missing and i can't put my finger on it. I think they need to bring in an outside consultant (i.e. Freight Train or Fancy :p) to do something magical with it

Just not silver.
As an essendon fan, do you think a black sash (if done right) would work for the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back