List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

SSP gives you the opportunity to just recruit a player you like.

MSD, being a draft, is different. And if we're serious about pushing up the ladder then we're gonna be picking somewhere between 6 and 10 depending on how many clubs have a spot open by then. Decent chance any standout immediate-impact types get taken before us.

Also - good chance we have an LTI in the first half of the year, freeing up a spot anyway. Take the SSP pick now to get a player into the system earlier, and the MSD is still likely an option later.

Interesting in the two mid-season drafts to date, if you look at the players who have played most from each of these drafts so far and what picks they were taken:

Noble 44 games taken by Collingwood who were 12th in line

Snelling 41 games Bombers were 7th

Pickett 38 games Richmond were 13th

Gardner 21 games Dogs were 6th

Newcombe 7 game Hawks were 2nd

Durham 7 games Bombers were 9th

Parker 6 games Tigers 8th

Sharman 5 games Saints were 20th

West 5 games Eagles were 21st

I think a lot of clubs with higher picks are going for more long term prospects. The small amount of history so far seems to indicate if you want a player for immediate impact then overwhelmingly most of those guys are going in the 7-21 range. Noble Snelling Pickett Gardner Durham Sharman have all looked pretty decent and none of those went in the first 6 picks.

Tyreece Leiu also invited down to train. Sounds like an interesting prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some great attributes there. Some good midfielder traits and some good key position/tall flanker traits, but the interest will be whether he has enough to make a good fist of it in one position. Since he didn't find the scoreboard as forward, maybe his marking in defence is the go, and this ensures we move Kemp further upfield where he would prefer to be.

Alongside Josh Cripps Carlton has invited Eastern Ranges' Tyreece Leiu to train with the club as part of its preseason supplemental period program in a bid to win a spot on the list. Leiu is 194cm & played in defence & played well as a strong-bodied midfield option.

Tyreece Leiu also invited down to train. Sounds like an interesting prospect.

Durability listed as a weakness on that profile which is a worry for me.

Reads as a 3rd tall defender, and we already have Marchbank, McGovern and Kemp in that position who also have durability question marks.

Happy to invite him over to train, but surely we should be looking to reduce the amount of players with questionable durability on the list instead of add to them, especially at key/medium defender.

Reads as a 3rd tall defender, and we already have Marchbank, McGovern and Kemp in that position who also have durability question marks.

Happy to invite him over to train, but surely we should be looking to reduce the amount of players with questionable durability on the list instead of add to them, especially at key/medium defender.
Well, you're not going to like the injury history of the one other SPP we've invited

It’ll be like the philosophy of the charge of the light-horsemen. You know you’ll lose a lot of good men but you hope that at least one of them can do some damage on the battlefield.

Each to their own, and whilst I like the idea of seeing what Leiu may offer (and list management team probably has a long term view in mind), I wouldn't mind seeing someone who is a ready to go KPD get an invite (like Schlensog).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably...
But Motlop and Fejo Jnr, would rip up opposition defences... Like young Betts and Garlett did :hearteyes:

But yes, talls are more of a need list wise
Durdin, Owies, Honey, Motlop with Martin and Fisher thereabouts is already very promising. Can't wait to see Durdin and Honey get some serious senior footy - the signs were very positive but flashy, as they grow older I trust they can be more consistent.

Bloody *
Getting my man Ronald Fejo Jnr, as a train on player... :cryv1:
Kid could be a superstar if he can make the jump...

I know it isn't this simple (and I am excited about Motlop), but I feel like (generally) you've got a better chance of success picking a mid earlier in the draft and a small fwd in the rookie draft rather than the other way around.

Same goes for KPD and rucks. Weiters aside, it feels as if it's so much easier to find a serviceable KPD or ruck late in the ND/rookie than anything else.

I'd love to see some stats on this... Might try my hand at it if I ever get some spare time....

I know it isn't this simple (and I am excited about Motlop), but I feel like (generally) you've got a better chance of success picking a mid earlier in the draft and a small fwd in the rookie draft rather than the other way around.

Same goes for KPD and rucks. Weiters aside, it feels as if it's so much easier to find a serviceable KPD or ruck late in the ND/rookie than anything else.

I'd love to see some stats on this... Might try my hand at it if I ever get some spare time....
if you do that, remember to factor in the changes to picking academy & F/S players, like how to match a bid you used to only have to use your next available pick or something along those lines. Harris Andrews was an academy pick in the 60s from memory.

Hello everyone. Can someone who has been following underage completion shed any light on the following KPP who did not get drafted last week; are any of them work signing up as train-ons?
Caleb Lewis - KPD
Height: 196cm
Weight: 84kg
Date of Birth: 29/09/03

Oscar Morrison - KPD
Height: 194cm
Weight: 91kg
Date of Birth: 21/08/03

Baker Smith - KPD
Height: 197cm
Weight: 82kg
Date of Birth: 26/08/03

Will Bella -KPF
Weight: 98kg
Date of Birth: 13/04/03

Anthony Caminiti - KPF
Weight: 83kg
Date of Birth: 09/12/03

Lukas Cooke - KPF
Height: 195cm
Weight: 83kg
Date of Birth: 26/09/03

Luke Polson - KPF
Weight: 92kg
Date of Birth: 10/04/03

Josh Rentsch - KPF
Height: 197cm
Weight: 100kg
Date of Birth: 14/09/03

Will Splann - KPF
Height: 195cm
Weight: 90kg
Date of Birth: 25/10/03

Sam Paea - KPF
Weight: 94kg
Date of Birth: 14/07/02

With lack of exposure over the last couple of seasons it might be very difficult, if not impossible, to judge the potential of these players, but it may there be any hidden gems there also?

Durdin, Owies, Honey, Motlop with Martin and Fisher thereabouts is already very promising. Can't wait to see Durdin and Honey get some serious senior footy - the signs were very positive but flashy, as they grow older I trust they can be more consistent.
Durdin is the one I'm waiting to see get a good run. A lot of wraps on Honey, but Durdin has explosive pace, great awareness of his surroundings and great goal sense.

Durdin is the one I'm waiting to see get a good run. A lot of wraps on Honey, but Durdin has explosive pace, great awareness of his surroundings and great goal sense.

The great part is - we don't have to rush anymore. These kids can take their time to be AFL ready
He had a taste last year and know what to expect now - so I'm looking for a bigger 2022

The great part is - we don't have to rush anymore. These kids can take their time to be AFL ready
He had a taste last year and know what to expect now - so I'm looking for a bigger 2022
I'd like to see Durdin start the season and have Jesse come in later. Now that Eddie is not there, the comp for that spot will be red hot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back