NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Vinatieri is retiring after 25 years in the NFL.
He made the announcement on former teammate Pat McAfee's show. The decision was sadly made for Vinatieri, who did not want to hang up his cleats following a rough 2019. No one came calling in 2020, however, so the greatest kicker in league history is calling it a day. The kicker of Super Bowl winners and a franchise icon for two different organizations, Vinatieri is a lock to become the fifth kicker enshrined in Canton, joining Morten Andersen, George Blanda, Lou Groza and Jan Stenerud. Only Andersen and Stenerud were pure kickers.
RELATED:
SOURCE: SportsCenter on Twitter
May 26, 2021, 3:41 PM ET

The 2022 salary cap will be no higher than $208.2 million.
The final number could still come in lower. It's a big step up from this year's COVID-deflated $182.5 million, but not as high as it would have been in a world where COVID-19 didn't exist. It would nevertheless be the highest in NFL history after 2019's $198.2 million number.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
May 26, 2021, 2:46 PM ET

The NFL has announced a different cut-down process for 2021.
There are three different dates this year, with teams required to trim down to 85 players by August 17, 80 on August 24 and 53 on August 31. That final cut-down date is on a Tuesday instead of the traditional Saturday. It's a byproduct of the preseason being reduced to three games. There are fewer games and less time for undrafted free agents and late-round picks to make noise.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
May 26, 2021, 2:11 PM ET

Weston Richburg was a very good center when healthy problems is body just wouldn't let that happen.
Drafted by Giants in 2014 in 2nd round played guard for couple of years before moving to center where he was one of the best. Thou had some concussion issues towards the end of his giant tenure.

Signed a big 5 year 47.5 mil deal with 49ers in 2018 was good for us when healthy a big part of our great 2019 season and when he got hurt week 14 our offensive wasn't the same. Tore his patellar tendon which cost him rest of 2019 and all of 2020 with us. Then this off season had to have hip surgery so about time he retires at age of 29. Patellar Tendon one of the hardest injuries to come back from especially for a big o-linemen throw in hip surgery it was a done deal he was retiring.

Tau did look aweful last season but should be good miami has improved alot especially now he has waddle and will fuller (when his suspension is finished) to throw to.

6 worst starting QBs in 2021

1. Whichever one the Texans trot out
2. Lock (assuming he gets the nod to start the year over TB cause younger)
3. Tua
4. Newton
5. Darnold (prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong)
6. Jones

Honourable mentions: Hurts, Jimmy Injury

*assuming Winston starts over Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tau did look aweful last season but should be good miami has improved alot especially now he has waddle and will fuller (when his suspension is finished) to throw to.

Yea, it's the only reason I haven't said he's a complete bust yet. But I'm 90% sure he is.

6 worst starting QBs in 2021

1. Whichever one the Texans trot out
2. Lock (assuming he gets the nod to start the year over TB cause younger)
3. Tua
4. Newton
5. Darnold (prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong)
6. Jones

Honourable mentions: Hurts, Jimmy Injury

*assuming Winston starts over Hill

My list be about the same

1. Whoever the texans trot out unless its Watson and somehow his in top 5 qb in 2021.
2. Tua
3. Hurts
4. Jones
5. Wilson rookie learning curve plus new york will make him look bad unless his the 2nd coming of Elway.
6. Veteran QB like Newton, Big Ben or Fitzpatrick where age catches up to them.

I am starting to think lock and darnold can turn it around i reckon Teddy will light a fire under lock cause one mistep and he will claim the job off him. Plus Darnold actually gone to a team that will look after him with weapons and such plus a healthy McCaffrey makes any QB job easier.

My list be about the same

1. Whoever the texans trot out unless its Watson and somehow his in top 5 qb in 2021.
2. Tua
3. Hurts
4. Jones
5. Wilson rookie learning curve plus new york will make him look bad unless his the 2nd coming of Elway.
6. Veteran QB like Newton, Big Ben or Fitzpatrick where age catches up to them.

I am starting to think lock and darnold can turn it around i reckon Teddy will light a fire under lock cause one mistep and he will claim the job off him. Plus Darnold actually gone to a team that will look after him with weapons and such plus a healthy McCaffrey makes any QB job easier.

Lock had weapons galore last year, should have looked better if he was going to be imo. Juedy saying pretty much he sucks in that tweet also.

I think Daniel Jones has the best chance of looking better than he actually has been/ the perception of him currently is.

I'm 25/75 on Darnold being any good. He needs to play better. Go back and watch all his best plays for the Jets and it's basically 100% him leaving and making plays outside the pocket. Not sure if he is even good enough to be the pocket passer we hope he can be.

Itll be funny when Herbert has a down year while Tua explodes. Also chris simms will update his rankings

Don't think Tua will ever explode. Competent QB play and consistency will be the best you can hope for imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back