NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be a slow off-season when content creators are doing superbowl retrospectives from 5 years ago but this was a really good watch...

NFL execs discuss Rodgers trade value

I wouldn't give up more than 1st and conditional pick that could turn into another 1st depending on team and player performance. For Example Team has to make playoffs if his traded to team that didnt make playoffs last year or win division and for player has to play so many snaps insurance incase he gets hurt.

Rodgers will be 38 years old during the season how much longer will he play and sometimes players get old quick look at brees. Plus whoever trades for Rodgers has to make him the highest paid player in the league otherwise Aaron will bitch and moan like he is now. That should lower the value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth giving Julio Jones up with his huge cap hit if all you are going to get is a 2nd. Saying that his not getting any younger.

Which teams can even fit him into his cap at this stage ?

Is it worth giving Julio Jones up with his huge cap hit if all you are going to get is a 2nd. Saying that his not getting any younger.

Which teams can even fit him into his cap at this stage ?

Yes, that's the problem, his contract, don't know how much Atlanta pay of it if he is traded, perhaps it's not as bad as we imagine? I'd like to see the Titans land him but I can't imagine how they fit him inside the cap.

Reckon the Falcons will be lucky to get a third for him by the time it's done.

His got a dead cap hit of 40 mil if traded before June 1st and 25 mil after that according to Spotac makes hardly any sense for falcons to trade him unless they get a good offer.

Given the late nature of his availability and the $15.3 million guaranteed he's making for 2021 — including a current cap hit of $23 million going to be hard to fit him into any contenders unless they make moves.

And can't see him wanting to play for any team that isn't contending.

Baltmore makes alot for sense for Jones finally a no 1 target for Lamar also Green Bay might be only way they keep Rodgers from staying. I just don't how they can fit it under the cap. My 49ers a chance but only way that happens is if we move Jimmy G but rather keep him until Trey is ready.

ETHAN SANDS
MAY 24, 2021
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers opted out of almost every question anchor Kenny Mayne asked throughout a 15-minute interview to open Mayne’s final “SportsCenter” episode Monday night.
Initially, Rodgers said, “I’m just here so I won’t get fined,” alluding to fellow final show guest Marshawn Lynch’s response during news conferences.
“I’m just here because it’s your last show, that’s the only reason that I’m here.”

As Mayne clawed to get a response from Rodgers about his future after he declined to report to Packers optional team activities Monday and reportedly sought a trade, the only conclusion one could make after the interview was that Rodgers did not retire as of 8:45 p.m. on Monday, May 24.

Rodgers eventually offered a vague critique of the Packers organization.

“Sometimes people forget what really makes an organization, and you know, history is important — legacy, so many people who’ve come before you,” Rodgers said. “But, the people, that’s the most important thing. The people make an organization, the people make business. And sometimes that is forgotten, but it’s the people.

“Culture is built brick by brick, the foundation of it by the people. Not by the organization, not by the building, not by the cooperation. It’s built by the people. And I’ve been fortunate enough to play with a number of amazing, amazing people. I’ve gotten to work for some amazing people as well. And it’s those people that build the foundation of those entities.”

Rodgers did knock down some theories people floated about why he might leave Green Bay.

“My situation, it’s never been about the draft pick, you know,” Rodgers said. “Picking Jordan, I love Jordan. He’s a great kid, a lot of fun to work together. I love the coaching staff, I love my teammates, I love the fan base.

“It’s been an incredible 16 years. It’s kind of about philosophy, maybe forgetting that it is about the people who make the thing go. It’s about character, about culture, about doing things the right way. A lot of this was put into motion last year, and the wrench was just kinda thrown into it when I won MVP and played the way I played last year, so this is just kind of like the spill out of all that.”

Rodgers went on to thank Mayne for his time at ESPN and changing the way that fans watched sports, dating back to the years Rodgers began watching “SportsCenter” as a kid.

Although Rodgers was polite and sentimental about Mayne’s final show, the sports world and Mayne were desperately looking for an answer on what might be next for last year’s MVP.

The future is still unknown.

latimes.com

See Former Docker Max Duffy has been signed by Denver Broncos to be their Punter. He won the Ray Guy award for best punter in college in 2019 for Kentucky
went undrafted this pass drafted and signed as undrafted free agent. Another reason to have a soft spot for the Bronco's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back