NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Half the quarterbacks in the top 10 don't make the playoffs anyway because their teams are sh*t. And yes the Vikings are better to have him? Unless you're talking about a bonafide top 5 guy (Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson/Watson/Allen) replacing him

Think i am still a little bit salty due to my 49ers traded for Jimmy G when we could of had Cousins in Free Agency. That be such a upgrade.

Peyton Manning used to call out Adam Gase during team meetings, says ex-Bronco

By Tom Hanslin and The DA Show

May 21, 20213:29 am
http://www.facebook.com/sharer/shar...social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=KFHFM
https://twitter.com/share?text=Peyt...=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=KFHFM
When the New York Jets hired Adam Gase to be their head coach back in January 2019, Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning publicly endorsed the decision, and Gase quickly developed a reputation as an offensive guru.

But it didn't take long for the Jets to realize that Gase's mind and gameplans were far from innovative. The 43-year-old presided over an offense that ranked dead last in 24 of the 34 regular season weeks from the start of 2019, and after two abysmal seasons, New York respected their disgruntled fans' wishes and fired Gase.

So, was it actually Manning who helped Gase thrive while serving as the Denver Broncos' offensive coordinator, and not the other way around?

"[Peyton] was extremely demanding, and he kind of held everyone accountable to make sure they had the highest standards to be at our best," former Broncos offensive lineman and current free agent Ben Garland told The DA Show on Thursday. "But sometimes it came to a point that it seemed a bit ridiculous. He would correct coaches, he would correct players, he would have you stand up and get called out during meetings. Just making sure everyone was on-point so we were at the top of our game...

"I mean, watching him call out offensive coordinators in meetings after the coordinator put together a gameplan and him asking for it a day earlier than everyone else. Normally you do the installs by Wednesday, and he demanded them to be done by Tuesday so he could review them before Wednesday's meetings.

"And for me, that was unheard of, especially coming from the military. I couldn't imagine someone talking to the offensive coordinator like that, let alone a superior officer in the military. So, I was blown away. But they listened to him, and it was done by next Tuesday. I think [the offensive coordinator] was Adam Gase at the time."

Gase, whose contract runs through 2022, won just nine of 32 games with the Jets, and was part of a franchise-record 13-game losing streak to start 2020.

The entire conversation between Garland and DA can be accessed in the video and audio players above.

Is he really a top 10 QB thou does he take his team to playoffs every year and are the vikings better now that they have him.
He is a 12-15 QB getting paid like a 5-8 QB it’s never going to work unless the Vikings D is top 3 and he has elite protection, his cap hit goes up next year that’s ugly

He won't wear #85 I heard so don't waste your money Tebow fans. Will be back in #15 as soon as Jags find a trade partner for Minshew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NBC Sports Boston's Michael Holley reports Julio Jones wants to play for the Patriots.
"You know who (Jones) really wants to play with? He wants to play with Cam Newton," Holley reported on Boston Sports Tonight. Jones also reportedly thinks Falcons QB Matt Ryan has "lost a little on his deep ball." The Julio trade rumors have started to heat up with Atlanta needing cap room to sign draft picks. The Patriots, who acquired Mohamed Sanu from the Falcons for a second-rounder in 2019 and have a history of trading for receivers, are one of the teams that could fit his $15.3 million base salary. The Chargers, 49ers, Raiders, and Colts have also been linked as possible landing spots for Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: NBC Sports Boston
May 22, 2021, 11:25 AM ET

NBC Sports Boston's Michael Holley reports Julio Jones wants to play for the Patriots.
"You know who (Jones) really wants to play with? He wants to play with Cam Newton," Holley reported on Boston Sports Tonight. Jones also reportedly thinks Falcons QB Matt Ryan has "lost a little on his deep ball." The Julio trade rumors have started to heat up with Atlanta needing cap room to sign draft picks. The Patriots, who acquired Mohamed Sanu from the Falcons for a second-rounder in 2019 and have a history of trading for receivers, are one of the teams that could fit his $15.3 million base salary. The Chargers, 49ers, Raiders, and Colts have also been linked as possible landing spots for Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: NBC Sports Boston
May 22, 2021, 11:25 AM ET

Lol Julio, thinks Cam still has a deep ball, hilarious.

Rams, Dolphins, Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Buccaneers, 49ers, Colts, Giants, Titans, and somehow Patriots...will all have a good chance of being top 5

Agree on all except Titans, swap them for Browns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back