Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably too off topic for here but Austria has gone into a national lockdown and mandated compulsory vaccinations for the public.
All I can see from now and into Christmas/New Year and next year is trouble and a lot of public angst.

The last few pages of this thread have been embarrassing.

”Oh how can i get my vaccine passport, I’m a good boy, which app do I download, where can I show my papers!”

Sick. Sad.

The last few pages of this thread have been embarrassing.

”Oh how can i get my vaccine passport, I’m a good boy, which app do I download, where can I show my papers!”

Sick. Sad.
Planning on not attending the cricket or football?

Imagine being double vaxxed and having to sit in an outdoor stadium with 65% capacity…. with a mask on IN YOUR SEAT.

And not being pissed off.

Adelaide.
Sure. Doesnt address whether you are attending or not

Im glad Carlton didn't get an extra draft pick for Jones. Carlton and Jones should have pre empted the mandate. The AFL was always going to take this stance and all clubs would have been in constant dialogue regarding these discussions. Surely Carlton would have been aware prior to the AFL announcement of Jones position. If they weren't its amateurish at best. If they did know then they carried that knowledge into the mandate. So either way Carlton rolled the dice, either through mismanagement or in hope he would change his mind. So it doesn't deserve a draft pick.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine being double vaxxed and having to sit in an outdoor stadium with 65% capacity…. with a mask on IN YOUR SEAT.

And not being pissed off.

Adelaide.
AFL at AO will be at full capacity at some stage next season. The 35,000 stance is the knee jerk planning for cricket in response to potential covid outbreak. Being the borders open in a week, this is purely preventative on a worst case scenario. The AFL season starts in 4 months, enough time for us to hit 90% vaxxed and whatever post open border outbreak to come over the hump and settle down.

Its highly hypocritical but can't see it lasting long. People in SA have had enough of the qr codes and I can't see many people or businesses telling the truth and risking shut-downs and isolation. I haven't used qr codes myself in 6 months. Don't plan to and never will. From my observations I'm not even in the minority anymore. I'm double vaxxed. I see no need for the hyperventilating over reach from SA health. I just justify their stance as electioneering for Marshall to cater for worst case scenario.

Planning on not attending the cricket or football?
While I am double vaxxed I must say all the over the top mandates to attend games is a real turn off. I have no interest in sitting in my mask an entire game, nor having to show papers, buzz a million qr codes every time I walk around. I fail to see the justification on this stance when shopping centres and trains can be packed to capacity.

AFL at AO will be at full capacity at some stage next season. The 35,000 stance is the knee jerk planning for cricket in response to potential covid outbreak. Being the borders open in a week, this is purely preventative on a worst case scenario. The AFL season starts in 4 months, enough time for us to hit 90% vaxxed and whatever post open border outbreak to come over the hump and settle down.

Its highly hypocritical but can't see it lasting long. People in SA have had enough of the qr codes and I can't see many people or businesses telling the truth and risking shut-downs and isolation. I haven't used qr codes myself in 6 months. Don't plan to and never will. From my observations I'm not even in the minority anymore. I'm double vaxxed. I see no need for the hyperventilating over reach from SA health. I just justify their stance as electioneering for Marshall to cater for worst case scenario.

SMA have been told at this stage to expect 35k for AFL.

What you say is common sense....but.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

While I am double vaxxed I must say all the over the top mandates to attend games is a real turn off. I have no interest in sitting in my mask an entire game, nor having to show papers, buzz a million qr codes every time I walk around. I fail to see the justification on this stance when shopping centres and trains can be packed to capacity.

Oh I agree 100% and can see mask and QR fatigue already a thing

I just find it funny when people complain about people complaining about an event they wont attend. I thought the people were clarifying rather than complaining

I just find it funny when people complain about people complaining about an event they wont attend. I thought the people were clarifying rather than complaining
I think one of the reasons of people not caring anymore is that they are double vax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SMA have been told at this stage to expect 35k for AFL.

What you say is common sense....but.

Oh I get it. But again it's the worst case scenario. Plus I believe that's because both clubs are selling their memberships. So that's probably why it was announced that way. It would be unfair to allow the clubs to operate at full capacity only to not allow it. This is probably the first time SA Health have forward planned fairly.

If I was to put money on it though, look for a government override on this decision closer to the state election which I don't think the Libs look like winning. So they will be desperate to sway public opinion. Especially if the wave of infection is only a few hundred and we are over the 90% vaxxed threshold.

Im not attending though. I can have a party at my house with all the alcohol and watch the game from my big screen TV. It's not sma fault. SA health are bankrupting our clubs though for no good reason.

Might also have something to do with the vaccination rates

oh my, you're very new to this, vaccine rates have nothing to do with it. We'll still have council areas locked down at 100% vaccinations. As soon as we get a case load that the tracing can't keep up with, Stevens/Spurrier will lock areas down. Vaccination rate will have no bearing on that decision.

They said a piece of paper is ok. Pdf screenshot the same.

Our QR check in not linked to vaccine passport. Only State not to be?

Of course easy to manipulate/Photoshop, but could you imagine every one of 35k crowd signing into MyGov to get in to the cricket.

Might get through the gate by day 3.

But it changes. One day you're adequately vaccinated, the next your booster is 1 day behind and you're not. It can't be a piece of paper unless it has a valid to date. Even then, it'll just get copied and end up in the hands of every person that chose to not get vaccinated.

I think it will be too hard to police.
No, they will have an attendant on each isle where you qr code. They will have to see your tick. As for the paperwork to prove double vaxx, need ID and the passport. It's not hard. But I'd get to games two hours before. Lines will move incredibly slow and hell, you wouldn't want sa health to crash.

But it changes. One day you're adequately vaccinated, the next your booster is 1 day behind and you're not. It can't be a piece of paper unless it has a valid to date. Even then, it'll just get copied and end up in the hands of every person that chose to not get vaccinated.
Business will demand id verification. Name must match the name on the document.

oh my, you're very new to this, vaccine rates have nothing to do with it. We'll still have council areas locked down at 100% vaccinations. As soon as we get a case load that the tracing can't keep up with, Stevens/Spurrier will lock areas down. Vaccination rate will have no bearing on that decision.
I am new to this, it's the first pandemic that I have experienced. Thanks for your expert knowledge on developing a public health policy on communicable diseases during a pandemic, I hope you aren't breaching that confidentiality agreement you have in place with SAH as part of the expert consultant role you are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back