2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Poor Ben Rutten two loses 2 points or under, it's a cruel sport

Even during his playing days he was on the wrong end of many single digit games (right in front of me game is an example). Yes cruel indeed. Swans survived despite been wasteful in front of goal and Franklin delivered when it mattered mast.

Watching 3 x 1st year talls, I'm wondering what the hell are North thinking drafting mids... & why are we no debuting Thilthorpe?

Maybe next year.

We shouldn't, but FAITH would disagree.

It's not the worst move. We'll have PSD as a threat, Stephens is out of contract and not exactly established (though, probably should be with how he finished 2020), despite being a top 5 pick two years back. Could be a shrewd pick off if we play our cards right and get lucky.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
But you still have to dispose of the ball ‘legally’ and in time. Did Hickey? I can’t remember.
You don’t if there’s no prior opportunity.
In this case I think there was prior opportunity from memory.
It used to be grabbing it instead of tapping it was considered prior opportunity.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
That hasn’t been HTB for a couple of years now, rule was changed
It's weird though, if a ruckman takes the ball out of the ruck does that mean he CANNOT be caught holding the ball no matter what happens?

Because that is how umpires seem to be interpreting it (sorry Jobe... interpretating it)

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
If i could be bothered, I would go back and quote every whiny campaigner who this morning is moaning about the free kick count and poor Essendon, and hold it up against what they said whatever years ago when Pannell (?) when 17-1 against us v the Bulldogs

Those poor VFL teams, poor Essendrug, won’t someone think of the children?

they can * off

If i could be bothered, I would go back and quote every whiny campaigner who this morning is moaning about the free kick count and poor Essendon, and hold it up against what they said whatever years ago when Pannell (?) when 17-1 against us v the Bulldogs

they can fu** off
You really shouldn’t beat around the bush, Deaneus. Why don’t you say what you really mean?!

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

they can fu** off
The system is so rigged against them.
I mean they only got pick 1 because they cheated.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's weird though, if a ruckman takes the ball out of the ruck does that mean he CANNOT be caught holding the ball no matter what happens?

Because that is how umpires seem to be interpreting it (sorry Jobe... interpretating it)
It's infuriating. Must dispose of it correctly in a timely manner just like anyone else with the ball who is tackled. Hickey tried to take off took two steps, got caught and didn't dispose of it correctly. HTB all day every day.

Shut up everyone else who doesn't agree. It simply can't be interpretated any other way.

marvin

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2000
Tired old hack in Melb
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

He can be pinged, but as you say that seems to be the dominant interpretation.

Putting the rights and wrongs of the Hickey call aside (I haven’t seen the replay), I like the option to take possession. There were a string of ball ups in the 2nd term when Essendon nominated Stringer as ruck against Hickey close to a Bombers goal. Stringer didn’t even contest the ruck, instead hoping to be an extra number at ground level. Nik Cox also nominated but didn’t contest at times. If a ruck has to tap the ball the other team has a numerical advantage at ground level. Allowing possession makes the numbers even.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I grew up in the heart of Alberton as a die hard Crows fan but Port to me are just like any of the other 17 clubs - a team we have to beat to win a flag.

They have good young players, just like Sydney do. Just like we do.
They have some aging guys and some spuds, just like North do. Just like most other clubs do.
They have some dodgy off-field characters, just like Richmond do. Just like we do.

I have no vested interest in what colours they or any other clubs wear. If Port want to rock up in a floral get up for a Showdown, go for it.

I think the fixation on Port by a few of our posters comes across a bit sad on this board. A couple in particular come to mind, thankfully they stick to the Bay because it's downright embarrassing.

Leave it to Port fans to be "those guys", be the better club.

The problem is that even if we sit quietly, they will still continue to bash our club relentlessly.

Anytime I look at anything on social media about the Crows it's filled with Port trolls bagging the club. You have people like Kane Cornes taking pot shots at players like Tex or flogs like Peter Goers bagging the club while on the flipside Port apparently wrote to various media agencies like FiveAA asking for them to always push a positive narrative about Port.

Sorry, but I'm not going to be meek and let our rivals constantly bag our club while we just sit around doing nothing and act as though we're above it all.

Calling them out on their BS is exactly how rivalries are and as much as we try to deny it, our rivalry will always be against them.

Last edited:

marvin

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2000
Tired old hack in Melb
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

they can fu** off

But Fitzroy in 1991........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back