Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of interesting history from my neck of the woods...

Mind you, the guy's comments about demographics are spot on.

What's everyone got on for tomorrow and beyond??

My day will be a little longer (usually just go to mum's for lunch and spend the rest of the day on the couch or even BF), instead this year it'll be mum's for lunch then aunty's place for dessert. So I reckon my day wont end until the night..

Then spend a few days in Melbs before i go Bellarine.
(Driving down Boxing Day is for SUCKERS)

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
A bit of interesting history from my neck of the woods...

Mind you, the guy's comments about demographics are spot on.
Some cool pictures. Lots of mustangs and a few amc pacers (the waynes world car).

Would have expected to see more Lincoln Continentals and a few more exotics in that area though. A lot of the cars are pretty dull everyday transport.

Would have expected to see more Lincoln Continentals and a few more exotics in that area though. A lot of the cars are pretty dull everyday transport.

Dull everyday transport, like everywhere else I suppose.

There were a sh** TON of VW squarebacks (type 411/412), I can remember seeing a lot of those around but they've pretty much all disappeared.

Was easier to find stuff on the East Side, got a lot of before/after in Google streetview.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Dull everyday transport, like everywhere else I suppose.

There were a sh** TON of VW squarebacks (type 411/412), I can remember seeing a lot of those around but they've pretty much all disappeared.

Was easier to find stuff on the East Side, got a lot of before/after in Google streetview.
Yeah vw was pretty widespread in that era. I don’t get it though, they were terrible cars. Gutless and noisey. The only one that was passable was the karmann ghia, because they looked good. But were still mostly beetle underneath.

One of the engineers at work has one of those type 3 wagons? I think that’s what they call them. Most of the other engineers have muscle cars or rally cars as toys. He has something with like 50 hp 🤨

Time to roll over as Chief and tech ferret get all server wobbly over 10k posts...

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back