Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and I was rapt listening to Russellā€™s latest report on how the guys have come back after the Xmas break, sensational to here that the young guys have really stepped it up with Walsh going to another level again but was happiest to hear that Fish has put on 3-4kg and has clicked in terms of whatā€™s required, and the main one in Dow who Russell was very happy with which has just made my day.

So glad that the other boys have now jumped on the Walsh and Setters proffessionalism band wagon as the more young guys doing the extras and really pushing themselves the better.

As we all know guys tend to split into individual groups with the guys they are closest with so the more guys with that professional mantra the more it will spread to there little groups and then it will just become a whole of club mantra, just fantastic news.
Me too, fantastic feedback on all those boys, also the change in direction by Russell and the high performance team with adding more muscle,power and strength in conjunction with plans for stepping it up in playing a quick attacking brand of football...

Not that weird. I just don't share your confidence in Fish, Cunners and Dow all playing 150 - 200 games for Carlton. But all will probably be revealed by the end of season 2021.
All good Bluey, but Iā€™ll go on record Fish will be a ripper and play 250 games thatā€™s a lock šŸ”’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh and the level of professionalism he brings to the other players I think will turn out to be the most important draft pick we ever took .
Absolutely and weā€™ve already seen an upturn in productivity and proffessionalism from Setters who while older has played similar amount of games, the fact that we can now point to other examples in our young players pleases me no end.

While Walsh is a fine example I think another that really changed his work rate and proffessionalism was JSOS during the 18/19 off season which really allowed him to have a very good 2019 and along with the Captains is another that others can try to emulate, as I said the more the better and it can only lead to continued and more rapid growth for this team. Very happy. šŸ˜

Wowee TDK is doing amazing things to all Carlton supporters systems, grow much over the break?
135851946_510094166633029_2956402665762942099_n.jpg

I know heā€™s flexing his lats in that position but he is looking good the big fella.

Any update of info on Oscar McDonald? He's a good guy and it would be nice to see him get another chance at AFL level.

Club has been tight-lipped with regards to McDonald, Moore and Maher.

Last season we had Ryan Sturgess, Callum Moore, Lukas Webb and Jordan Cunico training with us to secure the final list spot. Sturgess was the most impressive in our practice match against Collingwood, however, we ended up going with Moore due to the injuries to our KPP's at the time.

We delisted quite a number of talls last season including BSOS (KPD), Finbar (probably more a utility type), Goddard (KPD) and Macreadie (KPD). Our tall stocks down back are probably a bit thin at the moment as we didn't replace any of these guys. Most on here would probably have McDonald ahead of Moore as a KPP option. For this reason, McDonald would be in with a strong chance to secure the final list spot.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back