Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the positional moves I’m looking forward to the most Willo hopefully moving up and spending much more time on a wing, has all the attributes too become a really damaging winger...

Williamson is a far better prospect and has higher potential than Dow, O'Brien and Fisher and should be thought of as much despite draft pick position.

Any update of info on Oscar McDonald? He's a good guy and it would be nice to see him get another chance at AFL level.

Williamson is a far better prospect and has higher potential than Dow, O'Brien and Fisher and should be thought of as much despite draft pick position.
I agree with Willo, but I think that with what we saw from Fisher last year, we can be quite confident that he'll be a very serviceable player for us too.

Take the WC game for example. First one back from his very serious syndesmosis injury, and his first game as a proper small forward too. Kicked 4 goals and looked incredible.

Calling it now, he'll kick 30 and be our best small forward this year.

Find the comments about Dow's physical appearance amusing. Russell's mantra is about best, core strength, speed, endurance, etc, not so much about size.
Yep and I was rapt listening to Russell’s latest report on how the guys have come back after the Xmas break, sensational to here that the young guys have really stepped it up with Walsh going to another level again but was happiest to hear that Fish has put on 3-4kg and has clicked in terms of what’s required, and the main one in Dow who Russell was very happy with which has just made my day.

So glad that the other boys have now jumped on the Walsh and Setters proffessionalism band wagon as the more young guys doing the extras and really pushing themselves the better.

As we all know guys tend to split into individual groups with the guys they are closest with so the more guys with that professional mantra the more it will spread to there little groups and then it will just become a whole of club mantra, just fantastic news.

I agree with Willo, but I think that with what we saw from Fisher last year, we can be quite confident that he'll be a very serviceable player for us too.

Take the WC game for example. First one back from his very serious syndesmosis injury, and his first game as a proper small forward too. Kicked 4 goals and looked incredible.

Calling it now, he'll kick 30 and be our best small forward this year.
Yes but to be fair Fish only kicked another 2 goals for the rest of the year.

Always held Willo in high regard after his first season that’s where i seen the potential as a wonderful winger, then injury hit but looks too have finally recovered and is back on track...

Fish’s ceiling is incredibly high imo he has an amazing football brain both in intelligence and reaction then he also possesses the ability of stepping around or weaving through heavy traffic, atm will play forward but eventually will roll more through the midfield...

Dow the enigmatic young midfielder that atm has all of us torn on how good will he be or even some if he’s really going too make it at all, well his endurance and defensive pressure have always been connected in his progression of improving which will be the key of just how good he can become, slow burn so far but I’m pretty confident he’ll become a wonderful midfielder that will rip games apart...

Tougher kid to gauge for me atm just how good he potentially could be his still very raw in physical maturity certainly has some wonderful strengths his endurance and foot disposal are incredible but like all kids has areas that need attention like his defensive side particularly one on one, finally having good mature players ahead of him in his position helps him develop and earn his spot when it’s deserved, i like the kid has the makings of a great winger if he can put it all together...

Yep and I was rapt listening to Russell’s latest report on how the guys have come back after the Xmas break, sensational to here that the young guys have really stepped it up with Walsh going to another level again but was happiest to hear that Fish has put on 3-4kg and has clicked in terms of what’s required, and the main one in Dow who Russell was very happy with which has just made my day.

So glad that the other boys have now jumped on the Walsh and Setters proffessionalism band wagon as the more young guys doing the extras and really pushing themselves the better.

As we all know guys tend to split into individual groups with the guys they are closest with so the more guys with that professional mantra the more it will spread to there little groups and then it will just become a whole of club mantra, just fantastic news.
Walsh and the level of professionalism he brings to the other players I think will turn out to be the most important draft pick we ever took .

Yes but to be fair Fish only kicked another 2 goals for the rest of the year.
I reckon Fish is a bit of a flash in the PAN, like Cunners. Neither have achieved much more than Dow's first season. They all look good in highlights, but none of them may develop into consistently good players. This season will answer a lot of questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell: Hardest pre-season program to date ...

TR130121DB0084.JPG

Wish there was a way to upload Instagram stories, but if you look on Eddie's account it's quite clear how much he enjoys having Durdin around. A bit of banter going on, and it seems Betts has taken him under his wing. You love to see it.

I enjoyed watching that. Durdin seems like a really confident kid who has embraced the move and lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back