Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Spent the year at Colts level.

Is skinny and also late December bday.

He'd behind a logjam of players fighting for midfield time.

I don't think we'll see him much at senior level this year.

But I'm very excited about him. Plays inside and out, has good skills and decision making. Can't wait til comes into the side.
Yep, aged 17 in November, with some pretty good young mids in the queue, I'd be surprised if he played seniors this year. Until Murph and Ed hang up the boots, most of the mid - kids will be in limbo.

Yep, aged 17 in November, with some pretty good young mids in the queue, I'd be surprised if he played seniors this year. Until Murph and Ed hang up the boots, most of the mid - kids will be in limbo.
If the developing prospects start getting a kick & fulfilling their potential they'll pass a fading Murph or Ed, the onus is on them to make it happen, otherwise they may end up looking for employment around the same time as the veterans.

If the developing prospects start getting a kick & fulfilling their potential they'll pass a fading Murph or Ed, the onus is on them to make it happen, otherwise they may end up looking for employment around the same time as the veterans.
Oh please, fading Ed! Will be top 5 in the B and F...

Haha bunch of kids pass Ed? Ed plays until he retires, irreplaceable at this time.

Probably Murphy's last year, but you never know.

Highly unlikely anyone would leave, could only see Kennedy going.

Not expecting miracles from any player this year, the development of King, Harry, Setterfield, Walsh, Martin will be nice to see.

Anyone else is either fresh out the gates or needs several more years to really see where they're at.

Prospect of SPS or Williamson being on the wing is nice, Cunningham in the midfield more too. :thumbsu:

PS: (Cripps) Still should have won goal of the year with his bullocking blind turning shrugging and running beauty of a goal to just remind the comp how good he is.

As much as I enjoyed Cripps amazing display, am I the only one objective enough to have called holding the ball before fired off the goal? Cripps seemed to run for miles without a single bounce. Perhaps that's why he didn't win goal of the year?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Fish is a bit of a flash in the PAN, like Cunners. Neither have achieved much more than Dow's first season. They all look good in highlights, but none of them may develop into consistently good players. This season will answer a lot of questions.

Wash your mouth out TBW! Fish was placing very well in the John Nicholls a few years back before he suffered that catastrophic broken leg onfield. "Flash in the pan" he is not.

As much as I enjoyed Cripps amazing display, am I the only one objective enough to have called holding the ball before fired off the goal? Cripps seemed to run for miles without a single bounce. Perhaps that's why he didn't win goal of the year?
Don’t think it’s the reason he didn’t win it but definitely holding the ball.

carlton.jpg

Medical Room
The big watch is on Charlie Curnow with his knee setback, and it is hard to see the talented Blues forward playing at senior level until much deeper into the season following his surgery late last year. Eddie Betts hurt his calf upon returning to training so will be treated with caution, while Nic Newman (knee), Brodie Kemp (back) and Caleb Marchbank (soreness) have also been limited. Patrick Cripps is back to near full fitness after his shoulder surgery and has focused on his strength during summer, while fellow co-captain Sam Docherty(pictured below) is targeting playing in the pre-season competition after his ankle injury.

CwbTTC1p.jpg

Time trial king
A trio of Blues have once again been at the front of the pack in Carlton’s running and endurance work across the pre-season. Youngster Matthew Cottrell, veteran Ed Curnow and emerging star Sam Walsh continue to be the aerobic stars at IKON Park.

Who's flying?
Adam Saad arrived at the Blues pre-Christmas and immediately showed how impactful he will be for Carlton with his speed and run. The Blues are buoyant that younger types Zac Fisher, Paddy Dow and Will Setterfield are also ready to take the next step this season.

AAMI Community Series
Sunday, February 21 v Port Adelaide @ Bennett Oval
Saturday, March 6 v Brisbane @ Ikon Park

And another thing...
Corey Durdin was on the Blues' radar as a small forward to come in straight away and play when they went to last year's NAB AFL Draft and he has proven to have an immediate impact at Ikon Park. The South Australian featured at senior level last year in the SANFL and has caught the attention of the Blues early in his career there. - Callum Twomey

The minute Eddie gets injured or rested, I reckon Durdin is going to take his opportunity with both hands and make that spot his own.

Rd 1:
Martin, Casboult, Fisher
Betts, McKay, McGovern

By years' end:
Martin, Curnow, Fisher
Durdin, McKay, McGovern
Yep, that kid looks like he really wants it.
Hopefully his attitude will rub off on some others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back