Trades 2021 Round 10 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Ronin no certainty, but with Crouch not coming back any time soon that improves his chances. Hind has a higher ceiling.
Yeah Ronin is more of a cash grab and if he's not named I'll just grab Poults who should play through to byes.
150k spare gives me a bit of flexibility.

for the first week in quite some time, there's not really anything jumping put at me here.

dt.png

Powell has maxed out for the moment obviously as has Baby John Burgo(would rather keep him for the byes)

anyone seeing any moves here?

for the first week in quite some time, there's not really anything jumping put at me here.

View attachment 1131000

Powell has maxed out for the moment obviously as has Baby John Burgo(would rather keep him for the byes)

Sholl, Hardwick and Powell would be your priority trade outs? Dusty probably the most obvious choice, but not sure if you want to go there.

View attachment 1131000

If Burgo is omitted becuase Smith comes in - watch if Freo names Treacy who continues to improve. That give you $120 to upgrade Sholl, Phillips or Powell. Only thing that speaks to me - good team!

Been pretty busy with the life the last few weeks so haven’t been able to keep up with the business of these threads. Tracking pretty well with a team value of 16.2m and 500k in the bank after these trades. Lots of weight on the bench which is going to start bleeding soon though.

Trades:
Powell to Zorko
Jiath to Ridley

Ridley would be 7th ranked defender on average if we remove his injury effected score. Huge value. Redmen getting a good amount of kick ins now though so having to share that a bit. Little concerned with how many defenders that Essendon have that are looking to score big and it looks as though he could be used in lock down roles ahead of Redmen

Zorko seems like the pick of the forwards at the moment. Good match up this week vs Richmond and looks to have a nice run home.

Have 500k left in the kitty, so next week will look to upgrade one of Farrar, Warner, Jones. Whilst one of Bergman/Idun are desperate for a downgrade.
On second thought, I could probably hold Jiath another week. His BE is only 77 whilst Ridley I could also wait one more week on (BE 97).

I could focus on moving on Farrar to a Ziebell/Kelly/Smith/Billings/Fyfe and risk not losing cash on Farrar. Geelong look like having the best run home, but we know what Kelly’s capabilities are if he gets going. Ziebell’s BE and price currently super high so will wait a week or two.

Thoughts?

Sholl, Hardwick and Powell would be your priority trade outs? Dusty probably the most obvious choice, but not sure if you want to go there.

Hardwick just tonned up so his be is only around 50. I've done well via bringing in guys in the 500's so I do wonder if I can push that luck a little further ...

View attachment 1131000

Excellent team. But your bench is awful, I'd try and get rid of the red dots before the byes when you may need warm bodies. Brockman and Meek are gone and aren't coming back barring major injuries. Get what you can for them. Maybe Bryan and Worrell - if named.

Excellent team. But your bench is awful, I'd try and get rid of the red dots before the byes when you may need warm bodies. Brockman and Meek are gone and aren't coming back barring major injuries. Get what you can for them. Maybe Bryan and Worrell - if named.
Meek and Powell into a non Round 12 playing rook and a premo looks like the shot.

hey guys would really love some thoughts on my team: (69k in the bank)

1621332426932.png

I reckon Powell is my must trade out - am torn between going a straight swap to Dusty - but then not sure what to do with the second trade;

Or Powell up to say... Zorko? and Berry/Scott down to O'Connor.

What do you guys reckon? I also am very open to the idea that I am missing something...

hey guys would really love some thoughts on my team: (69k in the bank)

View attachment 1131069

I reckon Powell is my must trade out - am torn between going a straight swap to Dusty - but then not sure what to do with the second trade;

Or Powell up to say... Zorko? and Berry/Scott down to O'Connor.

What do you guys reckon? I also am very open to the idea that I am missing something...

Berry and Scott are still playing - perhaps get rid of Macrae if not named, or Highmore for a rookie defender (if they exist), then upgrade Powell. Improve on field and increase your cash generation and green dots ahead of the byes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berry and Scott are still playing - perhaps get rid of Macrae if not named, or Highmore for a rookie defender (if they exist), then upgrade Powell. Improve on field and increase your cash generation and green dots ahead of the byes.

Yeah good calls. I guess the only thing is that Highmore is more likely than not to retain his place (?); and Macrae is 'in the mix'. But agree it seems dumb to trade out green dots. It's why I'm stuck this week.

Bit stuck on what to do lads. 3rd year, ranked 400th so I'm super stoked. Spend hours and hours every day researching and listening to pods to improve but I'm a bit stuck.

Is it a better idea to go Marshall to gawn and Powell to dusty?
Or
Marshall to gawn, Powell to Poulter.
Next week I'm fixing 2 bench red dots to rookies (no good ones available rn) to prepare for my byes as I'm lacking in players that'll play round 13.

Now the goal for fantasy is to fill your team and find value asap, and try and atleast get rookies to value players who can get you a 90. Once you've filled your team, that's when you use luxury trades to get them to uber premos, right?
Im just concerned my trades are too risky if I go Darcy and dusty, but the goal would be to move Darcy foward after his bye and get gawn.
Dusty is also priced at 81 and never averaged under 92, hence why I'm keen on him. Sorry for the rant lads but just stuck.
Team after trades posted below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-18-20-27-01-12_22d011831d19cb0ea87d51ee98c80b73.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-18-20-27-01-12_22d011831d19cb0ea87d51ee98c80b73.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2021-05-18-20-27-06-61_22d011831d19cb0ea87d51ee98c80b73.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-18-20-27-06-61_22d011831d19cb0ea87d51ee98c80b73.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2021-05-18-20-27-11-22_22d011831d19cb0ea87d51ee98c80b73.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-18-20-27-11-22_22d011831d19cb0ea87d51ee98c80b73.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 27
Trade thoughts ?
No bank to speak of ($10k). Want to ditch Ash who has been terrible since I got him in, but also mindful of still having 5 rookies on field.

View attachment 1131130

Go Ash up to one of the true premo mids (best you can afford), then Bergman down to a rookie with decent JS for your bench. Then field Kosi in either DEF/FWD as he'll score around the same as Bergman would you'd think. Or field Cox (if he's not sub) if you prefer.

e.g. If you went Berg - Ronin (you'd need to shuffle your bench around positionally) it gives you a budget of $856K as an upgrade for Ash.

Trade thoughts ?
No bank to speak of ($10k). Want to ditch Ash who has been terrible since I got him in, but also mindful of still having 5 rookies on field.

View attachment 1131130

Need to prioritise here IMO - do you want to get rid of rookies - and there are different categories here. RCD is likely to score more than Bergman or Cox for example, based upon what we have seen.

Do you want to cull those on the downward spiral - Powell ? Ash ?

You could get $100K from Highmore, use it to get Powell to C Ward (for example). You could get nearly 200K from Cox to a 170K rookie forward ? Then upgrade Powell or Ash to a serious premium. But you would likely lose the DPP flexibility. Or use that 200K to get Bergman to Daniel or Ridley ??

Gets rid of one rookie and puts the defence in a good spot !

Go Ash up to one of the true premo mids (best you can afford), then Bergman down to a rookie with decent JS for your bench. Then field Kosi in either DEF/FWD as he'll score around the same as Bergman would you'd think. Or field Cox (if he's not sub) if you prefer.

e.g. If you went Berg - Ronin (you'd need to shuffle your bench around positionally) it gives you a budget of $856K as an upgrade for Ash.
You lost me at field Kosi
When he's not playing in Tassie, the guy is good for 40. Aside from last week, Bergman has shown he's good for 60

This but flick Kosi and not Bergman. The only thing Kosi has over Bergman is slightly higher JS. Scoring potential wise he doesn't come close.

You lost me at field Kosi
When he's not playing in Tassie, the guy is good for 40. Aside from last week, Bergman has shown he's good for 60

Haha fair enough. I have Kosi and Jimmy Webster in a nice little loop as my D6 by fielding L. Jones so I'm probably biased towards him.

I still think it's worth fielding a guy like that and copping a 40 if it means then getting the big upgrade at the other end. He could field Cox or Highmore if he prefers - it's much of a muchness really.

Haha fair enough. I have Kosi and Jimmy Webster in a nice little loop as my D6 by fielding L. Jones so I'm probably biased towards him.

I still think it's worth fielding a guy like that and copping a 40 if it means then getting the big upgrade at the other end. He could field Cox or Highmore if he prefers - it's much of a muchness really.
I have traded very heavily towards break evens and expected price fluctuations so far this year (team value $16.7m). My biggest flags for price drops this week are
Ziebell = -$28k
Ash = -$25k
Cox = -$16k
Powell = -$9k

My general rule is to leave players that aren't estimated to drop in price (so Kosi and Bergman will likely stay). I am still split between two options
1. Cox Downgrade then decide on upgrading Ash or Powell
2. Ash down to Dusty and Ziebell sideways to Oliver/Merrett

Thinking

Brockman to RCD
Powell to Newman

I didn't get to see the game but from all reports Docherty was pushed up to a wing and Newman took the role back there - kickouts too.

Can look at kossie out instead of Brockman and go up to Ridley/Daniel/Dusty type but I still have questions about those three,

Daniel - can score but risk is always there with tag/role

Ridley - as we have seen Redman/Heppell have effected him more in the past 3 weeks, still safe 85ish but don't think the ceiling is there

Dusty - I always end up with him and I am happy to buy in, but 30 tocuhes and 4 goals for a 105? Seriously?!

Thinking

Brockman to RCD
Powell to Newman

I didn't get to see the game but from all reports Docherty was pushed up to a wing and Newman took the role back there - kickouts too.
Sadly, I *was* there and the bolded bit is correct. Personally it seems a bit of a gamble to bring him in just yet as Teague could shuffle the magnets around at any time. Probably end up playing another midfielder out of a back pocket send Newman to the ruck...

Thinking

Brockman to RCD
Powell to Newman

Can look at kossie out instead of Brockman and go up to Ridley/Daniel/Dusty type but I still have questions about those three,

Daniel - can score but risk is always there with tag/role

Ridley - as we have seen Redman/Heppell have effected him more in the past 3 weeks, still safe 85ish but don't think the ceiling is there

Dusty - I always end up with him and I am happy to buy in, but 30 tocuhes and 4 goals for a 105? Seriously?!

I'm looking at Powell to dusty, never gone under 92 and priced at 80. He scares me too dw. If I had 10k extra I'd look at cerra, have a geez at him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back