Trades 2021 Round 5 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case he spuds and gets dropped instantly.. atleast there's more you can do with a mid/fwd utility dpp wise than a ruck/fwd.

But without even seeing him play I would think Macrae has a better ceiling and job security than treacy.

If the Pies are rebuilding (which they should be) - he should get a few weeks run at it....

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 9.52.29 pm.png

I have no words to how bad my side is. All my failed mid pricers (Hardwick/Clarke/JDG/Butters) and non playing/spud rookies (Sharpe/Bergman/Highmoore/Kosch/Dow) are just sitting there mocking me. Assuming Marshall is fine, options below:
  1. Fix-up rookies: Highmore / Bergman > McCreery / Mansell, Bank: $440K
  2. Double Upgrade: Butters/JDG > ROB/Crouch (/Treloar/Dunks?), Bank: $40K
  3. Bit of both: Butters/Sharpe > Mccreery/Crouch (ROB/Trelort/Dunks?), Bank: $250K

I need the BF brains trust to assist! Do i focus on fixing up rookies, double upgrade or a bit of both?

View attachment 1102016

I have no words to how bad my side is. All my failed mid pricers (Hardwick/Clarke/JDG/Butters) and non playing/spud rookies (Sharpe/Bergman/Highmoore/Kosch/Dow) are just sitting there mocking me. Assuming Marshall is fine, options below:
  3. Bit of both: Butters/Sharpe > Mccreery/Crouch (ROB/Trelort/Dunks?), Bank: $250K

I need the BF brains trust to assist! Do i focus on fixing up rookies, double upgrade or a bit of both?

After an extensive 30 seconds consideration.....

De Goey to F Macrae, Butters to Dunkley ??? Gives you a clear top 6 forward and a DPP Util.

Bergman likely to play this week, Kosi likely to play this week. Next week look at Highmore to Jones (Port) if still selected. Gives you 7/8 defenders playing.

Authors Note: My side seems to be getting steadily worse, so please take this into consideration.....

View attachment 1102016

As bad as it is you probably need to hold degoey and hope for the best while you fix your donuts.

I'm thinking butters to cox and dow up Mitchell. Do you have he spare cash for that?

Then swing cox back by putting degoey on the ground up forward and swapping highmore to utility. Field cox for burgess in defence and emergency burgess.

Then next week a double rookie fix up to bring in jones and macrae.

If you can't afford that then same thing but Lachie Jone instead of cox.

View attachment 1102016

Sorry, but where the * did all your money go?

I'd probably be looking at option 3 and then using the cash next week to go a slight rookie downgrade (e.g. trade out a dud for a cheapie playing) then try and upgrade a Jordon or Rowe.

View attachment 1102016

As bad as it seems, there's actually a fair few good pieces there to work with. Your first port of call should be to ditch dead weight, and for me your biggest dead weight right now is Dow, followed by Hardwick.

JDG should be ok this week, after getting smashed by the media all week and perhaps even playing midfield (he's just that sort of player).

Clark has the easiest of draws, were getting heaps of players back, and he'll probably be back on a wing more where he probably goes at 70+ back at home against the easiest side by far to score against.

Bergman probably comes back in this week due to Port's injuries, and Mansell and Martyn will both be dropped and never to return, so definitely don't bother with them. McCreery probably has very little JS too.

Spanner in the works is Marshall due to his foot, so that could be a forced trade, and Butters is a definite forced trade. I would structure your trades over the next two weeks in order of need IMO:

Hardwick holds but goes next week, same with De Goey.

Dow out by getting Berry on field in the mids, then shifting Brockman onto your mid bench.

Then, bring in Finlay Macrae up forward and shift Marshall to the bench if it's only a one week soreness sort of thing. Trade Butters to Dunks, and shift De Goey onto the field in place of Rowe and deal with him and Hardwick/Marshall next week if need be.

Alternatively if Marshall is ruled out for a while instead, then you just bring in Dunks and Danger and have the time of your life, haha. If Marshall plays then you'll have a near complete forward line regardless.

Would give you:

DEF: Laird, Stewart, Doch, Hardwick, Burgess, Idun (Highmore, Kozi)

MID: J. Macrae, TT, Walsh, Clark, Gulden, Jordon, Powell, Berry (Sharp, Brockman)

RUC: Grundy, Flynn (99% certain he plays) (Hunter)

FWD: Dunkley, Phillips, JDG, Hind, Warner, F. Macrae (Marshall, Bergman)

UTL: Rowe

If Marshall plays this week, means you can shift say Phillips into the mids, keep Berry on ground, hold Dow on your bench, and trade out Highmore allowing you to shift Clark back and get Burgess back onto the bench.

If Marshall plays next week, take your warchest and trade JDG to a gun underpriced mid like Treloar, while shifting Brockman back into the mid bench. Then trade Hardwick up to a Bowes or a Ridley down back.

If Marshall looks likely to be out for a while, then you just go best available and bring in a gun mid for him instead - while doing pretty much the same as option 1.

That would look like (using Treloar as a example):

DEF: Laird, Stewart, Doch, Hardwick, Idun, Burgess (Highmore, Kozi)

MID: J. Macrae, TT, Walsh, Treloar, Clark, Gulden, Jordon, Powell (Berry, Sharp)

RUC: Grundy, Flynn (99% certain he plays) (Hunter)

FWD: Dunkley, Phillips, JDG, Hind, Warner, Bergman (Rowe, Brockman)

UTL: Dow

:)

Last edited:
Fantasia and Markov to go.

For an upgrade the best Def I can get to is Stewart, but I'd rather Ridley, Laird, Lloyd.
Best Fwd would be Wingard, really like him this year. Would have had him Rd 1 if available, but he is pricey.
Or Ruck: move McEvoy to Def and go with O'Brien to join Max.

ROB is as cheap as he is going to get and should continue this form for a while. Yet to play Grundy, Max or the WB double team, but should be a keeper. Barring the unforseen, this is the way I'll go at this stage.

I want to go Gawn so badly especially after taking Grundy last week but think I'll go ROB for the cheapness, really wish I went Gawn last week as Gawn/ROB is probably on par with Gawndy.

Keeping some money for forced trades next week seems the smarter move than spending it all on Gawn

If Flynn plays (solo), then I genuinely think I may just go the double upgrade this week, as it gets Burgess off the ground, and allows me to Bring in Bowes and Treloar - while still having 100K left over and hopefully making some ground on the overall leader as I'm now 155 points behind. Means I miss out on Cox, but I think I'm gonna let that one go as he's just too expensive to justify - given I have enough decent def rooks to cover.

Provided all goes well, will go a double downgrade next week and then bring in Gawn the following week along with (hopefully) Pedlar. In the end, will have traded out:

JDG, Hardwick, Fanta, Meek, Jordon and Clark

to get in

Gawn, Treloar, Bowes, Jones, F. Macrae, Pedlar

End of Round 7 (after DPP's), team could look like this:

DEF: Laird, Bowes, Doch, Hind, L. Jones, Idun (Burgess, Kozi)

MID: J. Macrae, Zerrett, Taranto, Treloar, Walsh, Gulden, Powell, Pedlar (Brockman, Scott)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Flynn)

FWD: Dunks, Tex, Phillips, Warner, F. Macrae, D. Robertson (Bergman, Rowe)

UTL: Briggs

If Flynn doesn't play/plays in tandem, will bring in L. Jones and Gawn for Meek and Hardwick - while giving JDG one final week. Really want Treloar this week though with his matchup against GC - reckon he could be huge

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks all, everyone’s suggested trades is nothing short of amazing! I would have never thought of any of these trade scenarios.

I’m thinking at worse, Marshall will be 1 week. So likely go with Butters/Highmore > Macrae/Dunks.

I’ll have around $200K to deal with Hardwick/Dow next week. !

Last week was Bergman, but that was a mistake! I was planning on getting Marshall at R2, Flynn to R3 adn Hunter to Utl, but I had Bergman locked in before I made any moves.

Another rookie mistake.
Marshall's quite a few weeks away from hitting any form and being considered by us Coach's ......the Plantar Fascia just compounds that thinking

Would love some thoughts here guys - $43k ITB

1618353247494.png

Big issues are obviously Daniel, Flynn, and non-playing rooks/potential non-playing rooks (Highmore, Scott, Meek, etc).

My initial thoughts on options are:
1. Rook fix up: Highmore --> L.Jones & A.Scott --> Bergman / Finlay Macrae (Berg preferred due to -ve BE)
2. Bank cash for next week: Daniel -> L.Jones & A.Scott --> Bergman/Macrae +~400k
3. 1 down / 1 up: Daniel -> L.Jones & Brockman/Flynn/Berry --> ROB (frustratingly just short of going Scott/Meek to ROB which would have been ideal!)
4. 1 down / 1 up: Daniel -> L.Jones & A.Scott -> Wingard

Any other thoughts? I think I'm leaning 1 at this stage

Last edited:
View attachment 1102016

I can see what your problem is - put them all in price order and you should be fine ;)

Slightly off topic, but how confident are we in Josh Kelly getting forward status next week?

same question with Heppell in defense.

I'd be amazed if they gave Kelly forward status.
Heppell Defense status yes.

For all their talk about "its based off numbers and datas" I'm certain alot of it is just the eye test.

Kelly is not a forward player. He's a midfielder. His heatmaps (other than the last game) actually have him playing more defensive side than forward anyway.

Would love some thoughts here guys - $43k ITB

View attachment 1102173

Big issues are obviously Daniel, Flynn, and non-playing rooks/potential non-playing rooks (Highmore, Scott, Meek, etc).

My initial thoughts on options are:
1. Rook fix up: Highmore --> L.Jones & A.Scott --> Bergman / Finlay Macrae (Berg preferred due to -ve BE)
2. Bank cash for next week: Daniel -> L.Jones & A.Scott --> Bergman/Macrae +~400k
3. 1 down / 1 up: Daniel -> L.Jones & Brockman/Flynn/Berry --> ROB (frustratingly just short of going Scott/Meek to ROB which would have been ideal!)
4. 1 down / 1 up: Daniel -> L.Jones & A.Scott -> Wingard

Any other thoughts? I think I'm leaning 1 at this stage

Yeah I like your double rookie swap idea. If Scott holds his spot then dump brockman instead as I reckon he's done.
Next week you could get Macrae and then try to upgrade Serong to a premo?

Yeah I like your double rookie swap idea. If Scott holds his spot then dump brockman instead as I reckon he's done.
Next week you could get Macrae and then try to upgrade Serong to a premo?

Yeah it's probably the move isn't it. The likely DPP's for Gulden and Hind should also give me some flexibility to move things around to get in one of the fallen premo mids that are on offer.

Fremantle are in a pickle at the selection table really.

Their number one ruckman (Darcy) also happens to be the most influential forward they've got at the minute.
Their backup ruckman (Meek) is no super star but holds his own in the ruck, but can't really play elsewhere or contribute around the ground.
Treacy looks like a forward worthy of getting some games into, but they won't risk him to the ruck (surely).

Essentially:

As a forward:
Darcy > Treacy > Meek
As a ruck:
Darcy > Meek > Treacy.

Treacy can't (shouldn't?) play ruck.
Darcy can't (shouldn't) ruck a game himself with his only support as Treacy (gut feel).

So I think they're basically stuffed and can't do anything but play all three at the moment.

Their reprieve will come when Lobb is back in 1-2 weeks. Meek will get dropped at that point never to be seen again in 2021.
Lobb back next week... Meek is gone either this week or next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back