Position 2021 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying he's a bad pick at his current price, but there has to be a cut off at some stage and I wanted know what price most people would say 'too much.'
In the end the game is about value for your dollar but I understand his value as a captain.
I would say $800,000 is definitely too much and right now $751,000 is as high as I would consider.
How much was Ablett at his highest?

Fair point,but Ablett didn't have distorted scores from a covid year.
All the Premo's prices are inflated .....so have to judge on who you think will hold value the most & best (C) option

Gawn
Neal
Seagull

All inflated pricing, but:
Gawn has a 3 year ave of 130
Neale has a 3 year ave of 121
Seagull has a 3 year ave of 114

All the Premo's prices are inflated .....so have to judge on who you think will hold value the most & best (C) option

Gawn
Neal
Seagull

All inflated pricing, but:
Gawn has a 3 year ave of 130
Neale has a 3 year ave of 121
Seagull has a 3 year ave of 114
That's my conundrum. I only want to play 2 of Lloyd, Neale and Gawn.
Lloyd I'm definately picking. Neale worries me a little because his first game is against the swans who tag him.
Gawn may have to go for me as Pruess looks the best mid-pricer of all mid-pricers going around. Hately, Heppel ect won't score as high as Preuss imo.
Preuss has averaged around 95 when the main ruckman, albeit in a small sample size.

Lloyd I'm definately picking. Neale worries me a little because his first game is against the swans who tag him.
Gawn may have to go for me as Pruess looks the best mid-pricer of all mid-pricers going around. Hately, Heppel ect won't score as high as Preuss imo.
Preuss has averaged around 95 when the main ruckman, albeit in a small sample size.
Preuss filling in for the injured Gawn in 2 games (2020) .....his 3d game was as a FWD / RUCK

1612413186238.png

Now, if the Ruckman's scores were inflated last year, then by extension Preuss's 84 ave was also inflated

How his Preuss going? With so few GWS posters it’s hard to tell.
I agree it’s very difficult to run all 3. I’m skipping Lloyd.

How his Preuss going? With so few GWS posters it’s hard to tell.
I agree it’s very difficult to run all 3. I’m skipping Lloyd.
Callums_Guns ....can you give an objective view of Preuss's PS please ......still love ya ;)

Stoppage data is going to be very interesting in the JLT, if the game is as open as players are saying it is with the new player on the mark rule then we could see significantly less stoppages, and the ability for teams to bypass the packs that rucks like Gawn clunk their intercept marks in.

Can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoppage data is going to be very interesting in the JLT, if the game is as open as players are saying it is with the new player on the mark rule then we could see significantly less stoppages, and the ability for teams to bypass the packs that rucks like Gawn clunk their intercept marks in.

Can't wait.

In this scenario which rucks do the rule changes benefit? Perhaps the mobile ones that are able to link up in general play and also hit the scoreboard?

In this scenario which rucks do the rule changes benefit? Perhaps the mobile ones that are able to link up in general play and also hit the scoreboard?
I think in this scenario they kind of all suffer, so the underpriced picks may be the better way to go. Perhaps gives Grundy the edge over Gawn as well as his ground ball and link up game is a bit stronger.

I think Preuss can go close to making $200k which is 200k more than the cheap ruck that everyone has picked will. That is a 400k payday when i downgrade him. Yes, im giving up points early but ill make up lots of them once i pull the trigger. I know its taking a risk on Preuss but i honestly think he will be the best 300k player in the game and worthy of a spot, even if it comes at the cost of an additional premium in another position. Yes 200k is worth 37 points per week but then when i downgrade him ill have 200k + whatever he makes.

For example, if he makes 150k then ill have 350k to spend above that of everyone who went for the cheapie ruck who does nothing bar linking up with Marshall. Say i lose 37x10 = 370 points over the first 10 rounds (the value of 200k), then ill have 13 rounds to make back those points. If i have 350k above what everyone else has, i will be able to make say 1 additional upgrade worth potentially ~60 points based on the 'starting value of money'. I will then have an additional trade to use given everyone else will have to double downgrade in order to get the cash to do their upgrades. Over 13 rounds, i have an additional trade to use, if the average downgrade/upgrade is worth 30 ppg, then the additional trade is worth 15 ppw right? Over 13 rounds i can make the additional upgrade a week early (60 points) and then have say 15ppg x13rounds = 195 points. So i have ~255 points where the average starting value is 370 points. So i lose 115 points over the season, right?

So now i need to make up 115 points over 23 weeks which is 5 points per week. So im losing 5 points per week based on the starting value of money. Now i reckon that i can come up with those 5 extra points per week by selecting a cheaper mid-pricer instead of premium or rookie over mid-pricer. Moreover, if i get rid of Preuss after say 7 rounds, then ill see the benefit for longer and in that case, i believe ill come out slightly on top although that is just an estimate.

Of course ive made lots of assumptions here that make it unrealistic (in particular the 'value of money being stable') but my point is that in the long run, starting Preuss shouldn't cost many points and there are many cases where it could end up being more beneficial than starting a rookie who is essentially dead wood. Funnily enough, i actually think a big deterrent from starting preuss over a cheap non playing is that i would lose the ability to use the VC/C loophole for round 1 and potentially longer, although i think the odds would be on not losing the ability to loophole for too long given rookie selection and injuries etc.

TL;DR There are arguments each way but i am so confident in all 3 of Gawn, Grundy & Preuss that ill lock them in and go for value elsewhere.

You’ve given this a lot of thought haven’t you.

One would hope preuss doesn’t get injured early. This is a friendly reminder that SC never let’s you win even if you think you are.

You may wins some battles but the campaigner will win the the war. 😀

Different question, what would Preuss need to score over the first 2 rounds for Grawndy owners to consider trading him in?

Would a 100avg be enough to consider a trade?

For me 100 would be a serious consideration depending on other correctional trades needed, 105+ and it's probably a lock (although he has Grawndy in the fixtures after).

Different question, what would Preuss need to score over the first 2 rounds for Grawndy owners to consider trading him in?

Would a 100avg be enough to consider a trade?

For me 100 would be a serious consideration depending on other correctional trades needed, 105+ and it's probably a lock (although he has Grawndy in the fixtures after).
Why would you do that? Gawn/Grundy would still score more in those first 2 rounds and nobody's starting Preuss as a keeper, he'll be upgraded to Grundy/Gawn. Would only make sense if a midpricer got injured or looking like spudding up and then upgrading to an on fire premo. Pointless IMO, unless Preuss goes higher than Gawndy by at least 20 points.

Callums_Guns ....can you give an objective view of Preuss's PS please ......still love ya ;)
I would be reluctant at this stage due to Mummy being in our squad

Puts Flynn and Briggs down the order but how many games will he get rested for Mummy

Hoping to find out in the next 2 weeks

Why would you do that? Gawn/Grundy would still score more in those first 2 rounds and nobody's starting Preuss as a keeper, he'll be upgraded to Grundy/Gawn. Would only make sense if a midpricer got injured or looking like spudding up and then upgrading to an on fire premo. Pointless IMO, unless Preuss goes higher than Gawndy by at least 20 points.
I don't think he really needs to go higher. If he shows he can hang within 20 points of them for 350 and 450k less, surely that has to be a consideration at least no?

Especially when the funds are reinvested into the team with the potential for value growth as well.

The attitudes towards rucks have always been a bit off to me imo, if there was a midfielder at 300k playing an equivalent role to his peers pumping out back to back 100s with no hint of a role change they'd have nearly a 100% trade in rate no?

I don't think he really needs to go higher. If he shows he can hang within 20 points of them for 350 and 450k less, surely that has to be a consideration at least no?

Especially when the funds are reinvested into the team with the potential for value growth as well.

The attitudes towards rucks have always been a bit off to me imo, if there was a midfielder at 300k playing an equivalent role to his peers pumping out back to back 100s with no hint of a role change they'd have nearly a 100% trade in rate no?
Yeah you would, but not at the expense of a premo who you are going to end up with anyway.

Yeah you would, but not at the expense of a premo who you are going to end up with anyway.
It would depend on how much you value a trade at in the long run then wouldn't it? People will happily cull rookies for 150-200k, the Preuss trade frees up 350+.

Then by the time you upgrade him to Gawn/Grundy (if he's pumping out 100s), he's gone up another 150-200k as well improving you overall buying power.

Not as simple to me as Gawn/Grundy = R23 locks for me so may as well keep them all year. Especially if rookie cash gen is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back