24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

I’ve always thought we should try and get X. Clarke back to the club. Clearly he’s been highly rated for a long time at Richmond.
I’d also look at luring Rob Harvey of course, as it’s likely he’ll be available.
Other experiences names I’d love to see us at least chase for an assistant/senior assistant role are Michael Voss and Matty Knights

Nek minnit X.Clarke is our saviour.

Poor bugger was bagged endlessly on forums like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know we’re talking about the coach and not the player?
Besides, if I recall correctly, it was Raph who was ( sadly) bagged by his own team’s supporters.

Anyway, no one said “saviour.” He has a good reputation coaching at arguably THE team of the decade, so he’ll add plenty to any other place he goes.

Last edited:
I can't wait for harvs to win a game and the flood of "HaRvEy ShOuLd HaVe BeEn SaInTs CoAcH yEaRs AgO" to begin.

I can already see it happening 🙄🙄🙄

It’ll probably be against us 🙄

I can't wait for harvs to win a game and the flood of "HaRvEy ShOuLd HaVe BeEn SaInTs CoAcH yEaRs AgO" to begin.

I can already see it happening 🙄🙄🙄
Like how you have just brought it up ?

Looks like its already happening :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nek minnit X.Clarke is our saviour.

Poor bugger was bagged endlessly on forums like this.

That was more the footy gods for taking his knees out. His brother was relentlessly attacked because he actually played.

It's going to be interesting to see how much list turnover we have. This is what I'd like to see

Retire:

Roberton
Geary
Frawley
Carlisle
Hannebery

Delist:

Alabakis
Hunter
Kent
Lonie
McKenzie
McKernan

Trade (even for the slightest of pick upgrades):

Dunstan
Long

I get that we're almost certainly not going to move 13 players on, but I see no reason for any of these guys to stay on the list, except perhaps Long could be given another chance to find form. I'd try to get in a few youngish senior players who are starved of opportunity like Fiorini, Will Brodie and Archie Smith. See if we can pry Jack Payne away from Brisbane. Throw some money at Kelly and Merrett just to see if we can make something happen.

I don't see any point in letting Billings walk for a band 2 or 3 compo pick. If we let him go then we're suddenly desperately looking for a skillful wingman/half forward. He has been pretty good this year and apparently has been playing injured for the last month or so.

Then we just have to hit the draft and stop trying to outsmart everyone by selecting raw project players who might be able to learn to play footy one day. Just pick the best performing kids with good skills, footy IQ and running ability.

Recruiting checklist:

1. Can he get the ball?
2. Can he kick the ball to his teammates?
3. Can he run at a reasonable pace throughout a full game?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, move on to the next option. This applies for players in every position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would try and lure X'man away from the tigers. Offer him midfield or forward assistants position.
That would be just about impossible with the work he is doing at Richmond and also the Korin Gamadji Institute
He is also involved in our aflw team development program. He is also our VFL coach and assists with midfield coaching in our AFL team

Well and truly entrenched in Tigerland
Only the senior job would move him IMO

Last edited:
Besides, if I recall correctly, it was Raph who was ( sadly) bagged by his own team’s supporters.

Anyway, no one said “saviour.” He has a good reputation coaching at arguably THE team of the decade, so he’ll add plenty to any other place he goes.

X copped his fair share too.

It's going to be interesting to see how much list turnover we have. This is what I'd like to see

Retire:

Roberton
Geary
Frawley
Carlisle
Hannebery

Delist:

Alabakis
Hunter
Kent
Lonie
McKenzie
McKernan

Trade (even for the slightest of pick upgrades):

Dunstan
Long

I get that we're almost certainly not going to move 13 players on, but I see no reason for any of these guys to stay on the list, except perhaps Long could be given another chance to find form. I'd try to get in a few youngish senior players who are starved of opportunity like Fiorini, Will Brodie and Archie Smith. See if we can pry Jack Payne away from Brisbane. Throw some money at Kelly and Merrett just to see if we can make something happen.

I don't see any point in letting Billings walk for a band 2 or 3 compo pick. If we let him go then we're suddenly desperately looking for a skillful wingman/half forward. He has been pretty good this year and apparently has been playing injured for the last month or so.

Then we just have to hit the draft and stop trying to outsmart everyone by selecting raw project players who might be able to learn to play footy one day. Just pick the best performing kids with good skills, footy IQ and running ability.

Recruiting checklist:

1. Can he get the ball?
2. Can he kick the ball to his teammates?
3. Can he run at a reasonable pace throughout a full game?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, move on to the next option. This applies for players in every position.

Not sure how we can go after the players you’ve suggested and simultaneously hit the draft when we currently have stuff all draft picks to play with

There are bugger all options in terms of key defender to bring in unfortunately.

Payne is going nowhere.

McCartin has reportedly re signed with Sydney.

Riccardi would likely see himself as a forward.

Still not sure why we wouldn't have taken Schlensog in the MSD.

He might be a handy inclusion as a DFA at the end of the year.

Averaging almost 18 touches and 8 marks in the WAFL. 199cm tall and still quite raw at the age of 20.

Could be a flop, could be the next Collins, but definitely worth a crack IMO.

People seemingly can't tell them apart.
X was dynamic and played mostly forwardish. He was cruelled by injury and couldn't stay on the park.

Raph seemed to not quite have the reflexes for AFL level. He was great at VFL level.

Both of them are reported to be terrific blokes off the field, and i have heard good things about X's coaching.
I don't know why people think you need to have been a great player to be a good coach.

Even Bolton, who ultimately failed as a senior coach was an above average assistant coach, without playing AFL at all.

Jesus you'd hope the list manager has bigger balls that that and holds firm. Losing Billings sounds like it will do the opposite in the short term.
I’m late to the party here but have we discussed letting Billings go and going after to Kelly..?? Billings to North Then Kelly to Saints..? Will only cost us $250k extra a year..? And very much an upgrade..? If already discussed sorry but it should be something we look at.

so
Billings out Kelly in
2 draft picks in the top 10.
Ours and the compo

it’s a no brainer

Last edited:
I’m late to the party here but have we discussed letting Billings go and going after to Kelly..?? Billings to North Then Kelly to Saints..? Will only cost us $250k extra a year..? And very much an upgrade..? If already discussed sorry but it should be something we look at.

so
Billings out Kelly in
2 draft picks in the top 10.

it’s a no brainer

Could you imagine getting in Jelly on a million a year and he do another hamstring? This place would bloody implode 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back