Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn’t they wear the brown training shorts with the yellow and brown training jumpers?? The blue shorts look terrible with the training jumpers
Yeah, I’m gobsmacked about the preseason colour co-ordination.
What were they thinking - I’m going to have trouble sleeping over the next few nights
😂

Why wouldn’t they wear the brown training shorts with the yellow and brown training jumpers?? The blue shorts look terrible with the training jumpers
Call it yellow one more time...go on....dare ya!

If the worst thing that happens this preseason is that the training tops don't compliment the training shorts I reckon we'll be going ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a note of caution, that a lot of years the younger players led the pack. They generally aren't carrying the weight the more experienced players have put on
That’s exactly what killed all of my career ambitions from the age of nnnnnn 13…

The same people (supporters and media) critising us for that trade are the ones who were whinging that we were asleep at the wheel and didn't another first rounder during the trade period.

I read somewhere that Sydney had something like 17 offers for that pick. After father sons/academy picks next year it works out to be 2022 pick 27, 2023 pick 20-25 (likely used on McCabe anyway) and pick 40 something. Sounds pretty good to me.
To clarify at least for me as someone who questioned the trade at the time, I didn’t question targeting weddle I don’t know enough about him or really any draftee to do that (alcohol imbued sense of self importance notwithstanding). I also didn’t question the trade itself as once you decide to live trade you are always going to pay a hefty price. My question was given our stage of the rebuild should we be in the live trading game given the draft capital we lost. to be honest it is an impossible question to answer. It assumes we simply keep the picks but as we know there’s a lot that could have been done with them to improve our 2024 hand for example, it’s pointless as we will never know. Happy with more early picks and Weddle seems to be going really well so more than happy to give kudos to our leaders for that and as you say finally getting aggressive!

Billy wasn’t 192cm and 92kg and didn’t win it in his first year. Still perplexing how quickly Billy regressed. Still remember that game vs St Kilda in his first season where he tore it up.
I’m watching him he seemed to lose all confidence and seemed petrified of making a mistake. When he got drafted it was his pace and ball use / decision making that stood out. once he lost confidence he simply ran and dump kicked long to avoid being able to be criticised (that’s how I viewed it). He is a case in point that it takes a lot to make it at the level including some luck.

Bloody hell! Hopefully moving the players around doesn't disturb the pre-season too much... but this is a pretty shitty way to start the year!
It shouldn't. It's really just drive to a different location than normal 2-3 days a week. It could actually be beneficial to change things up and traini on some different ovals.

Begs the question why is it so important to have a high performance base?
Control is an important part of training in any high performance sport. There's no guarantee that any of the temporary facilities will have the same set up or equipment available, so it's difficult to adhere to any programming that was set for the playing group.

Moving around might be beneficial in the short term, but long term it's just going to negatively impact any longer term programming and training blocks.

View attachment 1588183
apparently club have been told that it will be unplayable for 6 weeks

I blame Jeff. Or Clarko. Or our social media department. Can someone remind me who is the back of house scape goat this year?

Seriously though, this is horrific. I’ve never heard of such a thing before. Pretty damn piss poor. Either by the club, the contractors or someone. Should be heads on chopping blocks.

It shouldn't. It's really just drive to a different location than normal 2-3 days a week. It could actually be beneficial to change things up and traini on some different ovals.

Nah, it’s way more than that. Everything from the little things like where their gear is stored to bigger things like practicing fake plans based on the dimensions of the ground.

Pretty damn disappointing, but as you say, let’s try and make the most of it and look at the plus of training on a new oval (though given the age of our squad it’s still pretty new for most of them!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back