Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Love ww2 docos.

Also love the db cooper story, watched a doco on him recently. Rad story.

😍

Im going to start looking into the battle of pacific next. Already know the general gist of it but I love going in-depth and finding out all the little subplots involved.

😍

Im going to start looking into the battle of pacific next. Already know the general gist of it but I love going in-depth and finding out all the little subplots involved.
Not sure if you enjoy podcasts but there’s a 3 episode special on the Pearl Harbour attack on Short History Of…

Really well structured and entertaining to boot.

I'm (just) on the wrong side of middle aged.

I was walking down Swanston Street last night ... 6ish, reasonably dressed. A ruffian type spoke to me ... he asked "do you want some smack?" I replied "no thank you". (If i was in the market for that product I may have enquired about a seniors discount.)

Should I be offended that he thought I was a potential smack purchaser?
Probably not.

I get the opposite. Even innocuous, totally legal stuff. I used to be a smoker for a long time. Colleagues who saw me outside work having a break would double-take every time and go “I hadn’t realised you were a smoker - wouldn’t have picked it”. Or when I go for drinks people ask me if I want the house white or red and look startled when I ask for a pint.

It’s bizarre. I always wondered what impression I convey that means ordering a beer has people react like they just saw the Queen pole dancing.

Not sure if you enjoy podcasts but there’s a 3 episode special on the Pearl Harbour attack on Short History Of…

Really well structured and entertaining to boot.

I enjoy vids where they show me a map and simulate the attacks so I know what they are talking about , find myself getting lost too easily otherwise.

I'm (just) on the wrong side of middle aged.

I was walking down Swanston Street last night ... 6ish, reasonably dressed. A ruffian type spoke to me ... he asked "do you want some smack?" I replied "no thank you". (If i was in the market for that product I may have enquired about a seniors discount.)

Should I be offended that he thought I was a potential smack purchaser?
Also you get a love react for “ruffian type”. Brings a spot of Wild West style glamour to Swanston Street, which could use all the help it can get.

Been watching a ton of history doco's lately, mainly on World War 2, have really been enjoying it. So many butterfly effects, really makes you think what the world would be like today if a seemingly insignificant "x" didnt happen.
If you haven't already Dan Carlin does great history podcasts. Did one on WW1 and also a series on Japan in WW2.

Also Bob Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman.
This is true. Said he never felt like a Zimmerman. I get it. I don’t feel like my surname either. I always assumed it was a reference to the great Welsh poet, Dylan Thomas, but Bob, being Bob, never gave a straight answer on where it came from. There’s theories it may have been a Green Bay Packer, who played throwball aka America footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is like Noah’s Ark, not a single animal is missing.
Yeah vegetables like broccoli taste ******* amazing in the smoker too

Although the kids usually love broccoli but hate it smoked and I'm the opposite

Used to work as a pizza chef in uni and we ran a noah's ark pizza for the staff - smoked bacon, pepperoni, ground beef, chicken, roast lamb, prawns. Sensational.
I have to confess, chicken does not belong on pizza

This is true. Said he never felt like a Zimmerman. I get it. I don’t feel like my surname either. I always assumed it was a reference to the great Welsh poet, Dylan Thomas, but Bob, being Bob, never gave a straight answer on where it came from. There’s theories it may have been a Green Bay Packer, who played throwball aka America footy.
Ass? I think it suits you to a tee.

I Love You Reaction GIF

Used to work as a pizza chef in uni and we ran a noah's ark pizza for the staff - smoked bacon, pepperoni, ground beef, chicken, roast lamb, prawns. Sensational.
My God. how pissed would you need to be to have Chicken, Lamb and Prawns on a Pizza and say it was sensational, I bet if you tried it now PJ you would turn your nose up at it. Unless of course you were totally whacked like you should have been at Uni!

Pizza joint near where I live does a tandoori chicken pizza which ain’t bad.
Had a tandoori chicken from Pizza box in Altona when they ****ed my order up, I order Mexican.

Took one bite and was like * this s**t, returned and have never been back

Had a tandoori chicken from Pizza box in Altona when they ducked my order up, I order Mexican.

Took one bite and was like * this s**t, returned and have never been back
Nothing worse than a bad pizza. Got it free from them.

I don’t actually ever buy pizza, I always make it from scratch myself. In fact that’s what I’m having for dinner tonight.

A65D045F-6EAF-407E-9A4F-B9890416FAB2.jpeg

My God. how pissed would you need to be to have Chicken, Lamb and Prawns on a Pizza and say it was sensational, I bet if you tried it now PJ you would turn your nose up at it. Unless of course you were totally whacked like you should have been at Uni!
Not at all. Was delicious! Though I did once have some fired food in Kuala Lumpur as a backpacker (can't remember what it was, maybe calamari) which I remembered as being excellent - and then when I went back with my wfie years later it was atrocious. So maybe you're right..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back